RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Encounters with Fans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:07 pm    ::: Encounters with Fans Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Kayte Christensen, Phoenix Mercury
"You know in Phoenix we had a really good fanbase of people that have been there since the very first year, and this is my fifth season there, so they feel very much like a part of my life and I feel like I've been a part of their life as well. It's interesting to me that I can be in any city and see fans there that I recognize their faces and know their names, so I think that's probably an interesting fan thing.

http://www.wnba.com/voices/fanencounters_060927.html

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keira, TSW, etc. LOOK AT DIANA'S "FAN ENCOUNTER"!!!

Diana Taurasi, Phoenix Mercury
"Do you know someone named Precious? He is very dear to UConn and to their fans. So I would say just knowing Precious."

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Liberty player reactions. This is my surprised face. (Although Whitmore's fanatic fan spends the other 30 games of the season as a Liberty fan, and she and her partner won the Liberty Superfan contest one year.)

Of course, this might be because there's not a lot of interaction between Liberty players and Liberty fans anymore...

(now with spelling variations)
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
No Liberty player reactions. This is my surprised face. (Although Whitmore's fanatic fan spends the other 30 games of the season as a Liberty fan, and she and her partner won the Liberty Superfan contest one year.)

Of course, this might be because there's not a lot of interaction between Liberty players and Liberty fans anymore...

but you know Precious too right Queenie? He's been seen at the Garden hanging out...figuratively speaking here.

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't like LL's response very much....

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a good article. I loved Lisa's and Catch's responses for their off-the-cuffness and honesty. Yo's story of the little girl and the mickey mouse ears touched me. Sophia's answer surprised me. Makes me want to fly to San Antonio and bug her to sign something, lol .

I'm wondering which Rebkellian flew from Chicago to LA because that's something Rebkellian's do without blinking, especially if we can combine business or vacation. And I'm wondering, lol, who the heck is Precious' after reading Taurasi's.

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 09/28/06 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I loved Tamika's response, Yo's, and TT's.

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/28/06 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TweetyMulatto wrote:

I thought LL's was one of the only one's that said much. Whether purposeful or not, it went beyond the league's talking point. I thought it was a lot more interesting than most of the others.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 09/28/06 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="TweetyMulatto"]I loved Tamika's response, Yo's, and TT's.[/quote

OMG I know Nicole used to sit near her at MSG
Hope she reads it

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/28/06 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
TweetyMulatto wrote:

I thought LL's was one of the only one's that said much. Whether purposeful or not, it went beyond the league's talking point. I thought it was a lot more interesting than most of the others.

Agreed. And it says a lot. Would you see people physically grabbing NBA players and dragging them over to kids? Doubt it...unless they had a death wish.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 09/28/06 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Queenie wrote:

but you know Precious too right Queenie? He's been seen at the Garden hanging out...figuratively speaking here.

I saw Precious one time! LOL! Out in Indianapolis for the Final Four he was hanging out at the WBCA game and Diana yells out "PRECIOUS!!! What's up?!?" Since then I've seen Precious on TV during games, and it never fails...I say "PRECIOUS!" Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/28/06 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I, too, agree with what Lisa said. What makes the league wonderful as fans is what also sort of makes bush-league to many observers. I have seen many fans get upset because a player won't stop and sign when they are running to the back a few minutes before it's time prepare for tipoff. Or they think the ladies can sign while they are warming-up. As a fan, I think that's a little over the top.

caune

PostPosted: 09/28/06 2:42 pm    ::: Re: Encounters with Fans Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
Kayte Christensen, Phoenix Mercury
"You know in Phoenix we had a really good fanbase of people that have been there since the very first year, and this is my fifth season there, so they feel very much like a part of my life and I feel like I've been a part of their life as well. It's interesting to me that I can be in any city and see fans there that I recognize their faces and know their names, so I think that's probably an interesting fan thing.

http://www.wnba.com/voices/fanencounters_060927.html

Kayte is great with us "fanatics" Wink

PostPosted: 09/28/06 4:35 pm    ::: Re: Encounters with Fans Reply Reply with quote

Who the hell is Precious?? Is that the guy commonly and affectionately known among som Lib fans as "Thomas Jefferson"??? That's the only one I can think of...b/c he's also at Sun AND UCONN games.

Unless the Judy w/ the wig doubles up as a cabaret dancer Wink

PostPosted: 09/28/06 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, Keira, that's TJ, a very known face and persona at the Garden, second only to Olga guy.

PostPosted: 09/28/06 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Yes, Keira, that's TJ, a very known face and persona at the Garden, second only to Olga guy.

Who is "Olga Guy"

BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/28/06 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Who is "Olga Guy"

Uh, the guy who wears Olga's jersey?

PostPosted: 09/28/06 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Lib Fan wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

Who is "Olga Guy"

Uh, the guy who wears Olga's jersey?

Oh should have know that

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/28/06 10:31 pm    ::: Re: Encounters with Fans Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
Who the hell is Precious?? Is that the guy commonly and affectionately known among som Lib fans as "Thomas Jefferson"??? That's the only one I can think of...b/c he's also at Sun AND UCONN games.

Unless the Judy w/ the wig doubles up as a cabaret dancer Wink

Is that the guy who smells like two bottles of cheap cologne?

(now with spelling variations)
mb1

PostPosted: 09/28/06 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is bothered that TT used "conversate" in her reply?

As far as I know this isn't even close to being a word...try "converse".

TT has my respect (LL gets my disdain), yet didn't she go to college?

Sorry, ebonics are a pet peave.

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 09/28/06 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1, are you ignorant or what? Tina is smart enough. And comes off as very bright. And please don't throw out ebonics about anyone of color that is from the United States. Who cares what TT said? Who are you to question her degree or anything else? Talk about narrowminded. I guess that's just another example of trying to check people.

We, as African-Americans, don't have to rely on ebonics to convey our thoughts. You need to check yourself next time. Is that clearly enough for you?

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 09/28/06 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, that's clear. I WOULDN'T WANT TO GET READ.

eclair

PostPosted: 09/28/06 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:
Am I the only one who is bothered that TT used "conversate" in her reply?

As far as I know this isn't even close to being a word...try "converse".

TT has my respect (LL gets my disdain), yet didn't she go to college?

Sorry, ebonics are a pet peave.

"Conversate" is ridiculous. So is "agreeance," see: Fred Durst, extremely white Limpbizkit boy. Neither are from any accepted language spoken in 2006 on the planet Earth.

Please, stop stepping behind "Ebonics" for protection against bad English. People of all races are negligent when it comes to the spoken and written word. Bad grammar is bad grammar, regardless of race--ignorance is ignorance. (Sorry, TT, I like you a whole hell of a lot better than Fred Durst, but you got to face the truth. A made-up word is, well, a made-up word, and you're both guilty, guilty, guity.)

See also: "Pet peave."

PostPosted: 09/28/06 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could the league not get hold of people because they're now overseas? Because a lot of the replies were just wasted with, "nothing yet" stuff. I'd rather have 13 solid answers instead of that.

And I think just proves to myself why I dislike Ticha. All those years playing pro and she has nothing to say. Maybe if she actually smiled and looked pleasant one time, someone might want to talk to her.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 09/29/06 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ebonics? Wow. People actually fell for that propaganda? And still do? Wow. Ebonics exists about as much as trees with million dollar leaves. That term is about as degrading as telling a kid in Bed Stuy that he "speaks well". Next we're going to be discussing "street cred". Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: