RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue season tickets sales skyrocket!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boilerjay

PostPosted: 09/22/06 3:36 pm    ::: Purdue season tickets sales skyrocket!!! Reply Reply with quote

http://purduesports.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/092206aaa.html

Quote:
"The excitement surrounding the return to Purdue of first-year head women's basketball coach Sharon Versyp has translated into a surge in season ticket sales. As of mid-September the Purdue ticket office is reporting total sales of over 7,000 season tickets. This is over 1,500 more than what was sold for the same period last season."

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/25/06 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what was the catalyst? Was this due to Curry leaving? Or is there no connection? Was this related to better promotions/publicity by the Purdue SID? Any thoughts?

Michael

PostPosted: 09/25/06 8:34 pm    ::: two factors Reply Reply with quote

Curry leaving

Versyp coming in and really getting people excited. She is much more personable and seems to enjoy interacting with the fans. She understands promoting the team is part of her job if she wants to see more fans in the stands. She is going out and trying to make it happen, rather then Curry's passive approach of pleading through the media to come out and support her team. I think that attitude difference will show up on the court too.

PostPosted: 09/25/06 8:58 pm    ::: Re: two factors Reply Reply with quote

I am sure that the same people who have tried to claim that tickets have been declining because more students have been buying the all-sport tickets that "don't count" will also point out that the 1,300 of the ticket increase comes from these tickets while the increase in WCBB season tickets is 500 at this point.

Because I am sure those people will want to be consistent.

Quote:
Public season tickets sales are up by over 500 from last year and another significant increase is the number of student VIP cards sold, over 1,300 additional passes. VIP cards are for Purdue students only, are available for $190 and give students access to all Purdue sporting events.

Michael

PostPosted: 09/25/06 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did nto know that, thanks. Unfortunately that means that butts in seats will not significanly be above the 4000 low that it got down to under Curry. Hopefully we can get it up to 5000 this season and keep building.

Michael

PostPosted: 09/26/06 6:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think two things -- the complacancy of the last few years went west to Lubbuck and the fact Mackey is getting ready for a facelift., which will bring reseating

People need the John Purdue Club points to ensure they are not reseated in the rafters.

Joey Nations

PostPosted: 09/26/06 10:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
So what was the catalyst? Was this due to Curry leaving? Or is there no connection? Was this related to better promotions/publicity by the Purdue SID? Any thoughts?

Wow Kalika is already impacting that team.

Quote:
People need the John Purdue Club points to ensure they are not reseated in the rafters.

Be careful about that. People may just buy tickets for the points and never attend a game. I know there are a quite a few Terp season ticket holders who never utliize their tickets, but need the points for better men's seats.

http://www.terpswomenshoops.blogspot.com
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/06 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well the most important thing is the Kid has stopped receiving mail from the Boilermaker kids club, and she is NOT HAPPY about it!

So if anyone sees a signup, add her to the list! Slovy signed her up originally, but he wanted the giveaway they had that day! Shocked

desafiada6

PostPosted: 09/26/06 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
well the most important thing is the Kid has stopped receiving mail from the Boilermaker kids club, and she is NOT HAPPY about it!

So if anyone sees a signup, add her to the list! Slovy signed her up originally, but he wanted the giveaway they had that day! Shocked

Hey, if they ahve another giveaway, I'll sign up the Kid! Laughing No but seriously, I'll do it unless PUMatty or one of the others gets to it first.

PostPosted: 09/26/06 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Was it e-mail or regular mail?

PM me your address and I will get it take care of. We need that fan in CT, especially this year.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/06 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Was it e-mail or regular mail?

PM me your address and I will get it take care of. We need that fan in CT, especially this year.

On its way! Remember me y'all when they offer tickets for the game in Connecticut!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: