RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Okay... THAT was Outrageous!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/23/06 3:12 pm    ::: Okay... THAT was Outrageous!!! Reply Reply with quote

The closing ceremonies. The floor party with half nekked GORGEOUS samba dancers. Erin Phillips trying to samba.

We'll created a seperate gallery for the closing ceremonies. See it all on Sports Page Magazine. Watch for Mike's posting of this. You don't want to miss it.

Kudos to Lumix/Leica's new point and shoot. Really came through for the dumb ass photog who left his wide angle lens at home.

God is Hortencia a babe! OH. My. Goodness. Puttin' the young ones to SHAME. Ann Marg-rock.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 09/23/06 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Ausies gonna be a huge party tonight!!
An_nic

PostPosted: 09/23/06 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sure the Aussies in Brazil and the ones here are gonna be partyin' it up tonight...LOL

"Our greatest fear is not that we are in adequate, our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Nelson Mandela
cometsdrivefor5

PostPosted: 09/23/06 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's so OUTRAGEOUS about that??? When in Brazil you do what the Brazilains do....Be thankful it isn't CARNIVAL time or you would have been in TROUBLE!!! Wink Very Happy

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five

Last edited by cometsdrivefor5 on 09/23/06 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
eclair

PostPosted: 09/23/06 4:49 pm    ::: Re: Okay... THAT was Outrageous!!! Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
The floor party with half nekked GORGEOUS samba dancers.

Half? Looks more like 83/87ths.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, I never laughed so hard in my life with Tully mixing it up with the dancers. Erin took the drum stick away from one of the guys and was banging on the surdo herself. Hopefully I will be able to get some of these memorable movies on YouTube.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jammer, it was Hortencia's b-day today. She's 47 now, I think. Or 46. She is looking GOOD.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to say this and probably get blasted. But here it goes. I don't have this great love for the Australian team that many here have. I'm American through and through. The Opals took care of their business. So congrats to them. I know many are happy that the arrogant Americans did not win. They teach them not to acknowlegde the crowd. Isn't it a joy to see LJ, Penny and others get their first gold. Get for real.

cherrystreet

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That should be that will teach them not to acknowledge the fans. I know this is harsh but the truth is those fans over there did not want them (Americans) to win. Why play up to them?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't picture the Americans mixing it up and going crazy like the Aussies. They would've been all business-like and would've looked at the whole party as if we were from another planet. They only wish they were as cool as the Aussies.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why should you be blasted but, you probably will be but I know you can handle yours...You're probably saying something that a lot of people here are thinking but, afraid to say it but, I'm not thinking it!!! Wink

I'm American through and through also but, I'm HAPPY that Australia FINALLY won the GOLD...They have a great deal of players that plays in our American WNBA league so, congrats to them but, well see them in BEIJING Very Happy

Grandmasterflash and the Furious Five

Last edited by cometsdrivefor5 on 09/23/06 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BGBC25, you were there so you should know better than me. But I just felt even on this board that everyone had turn against the American players because they didn't wnat to interact. I lost interest and was not into the Championship game but that's probably just me. Maybe if the Comets had some of those players I would have been feeling it.

I was however really touched by Arcain. Her tears to me meant they this was probably the last time we will see her on the major stage. I also reflected on how good she really was as she an Swoopes embraced at center court after the game. I thought two of the all-time best are winded it down.

Sorry, if I offended anyone with my comments about LJ and the rest.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arcain was not only a great player, but also a great ambassador of the game. She'll contine with her basketball academy and wouldn't it be great if some of her kids are some day playing for the national team? Then she will have come full circle.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Sorry, I can't picture the Americans mixing it up and going crazy like the Aussies. They would've been all business-like and would've looked at the whole party as if we were from another planet. They only wish they were as cool as the Aussies.

Yeah, I don't know if its just this tournament, but I think we were really pressured this entire tournament. You take LJ away from Australia and they might act more business-like as well.

I dont know...just my take on it.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
Yeah, I don't know if its just this tournament, but I think we were really pressured this entire tournament. You take LJ away from Australia and they might act more business-like as well.

Take LJ away and we would never get to find out how they act at a medal ceremony.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, there's no what ifs in sports. Australia was the best team, period. And LJ wasn't the MVP.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cherrystreet wrote:
I'm going to say this and probably get blasted. But here it goes. I don't have this great love for the Australian team that many here have. I'm American through and through. The Opals took care of their business. So congrats to them. I know many are happy that the arrogant Americans did not win. They teach them not to acknowlegde the crowd. Isn't it a joy to see LJ, Penny and others get their first gold. Get for real.

Well let em blast away.

I'm with you on this

AAEmotion

PostPosted: 09/23/06 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

I dont know...just my take on it.

Take Loz away from this team and none of them would have acted any differently. Whether you want to believe it or not, Lauren is one of the more stoic players on our team. Interact with any of the Australian team and it takes about .2284 of a second to realise they're determined to have as much fun as humanly possible in nearly every situation.

PostPosted: 09/23/06 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/23/06 7:15 pm    ::: Re: Okay... THAT was Outrageous!!! Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
The floor party with half nekked GORGEOUS samba dancers.

Half? Looks more like 83/87ths.

Always bad at numbers. Cool

PostPosted: 09/23/06 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsdrivefor5 wrote:
I'm American through and through also but, I'm HAPPY that Australia FINALLY won the GOLD...

My sentiments too, ESPECIALLY since the alternative was Russia taking it home. Boo on THAT thought.

sketchbook88

PostPosted: 09/23/06 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

waterloosunset wrote:
cometsdrivefor5 wrote:
I'm American through and through also but, I'm HAPPY that Australia FINALLY won the GOLD...

My sentiments too, ESPECIALLY since the alternative was Russia taking it home. Boo on THAT thought.

I agree with you as well. I would have liked to have seen the Americans take it, but I would rather have Australia win than Russia. I know I'm being a sore loser, but I REALLY wanted Russia to lose.

By the way, I love your avatar. Marissa Coleman is awesome!

wnbafans10

PostPosted: 09/23/06 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sketchbook88 wrote:
waterloosunset wrote:
cometsdrivefor5 wrote:

I agree with you as well. I would have liked to have seen the Americans take it, but I would rather have Australia win than Russia. I know I'm being a sore loser, but I REALLY wanted Russia to lose.

By the way, I love your avatar. Marissa Coleman is awesome!

ditto

Atlanta: Please don't take Jamie Carey in the expansion draft!!!!
Slovydal

PostPosted: 09/23/06 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sketchbook88 wrote:
...I would rather have Australia win than Russia. I know I'm being a sore loser, but I REALLY wanted Russia to lose.

That's not being a sore loser.

It's being an American.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: