RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Death Penalty for Peterson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/13/04 5:03 pm    ::: Death Penalty for Peterson Reply Reply with quote

Jury recommended the Death Penalty this afternoon.
I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing. I hate seeing murderers get away with it, but killing people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong, seems to fail to get it's point across.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/13/04 5:22 pm    ::: Re: Death Penalty for Peterson Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Jury recommended the Death Penalty this afternoon.
I always have mixed feelings about this sort of thing. I hate seeing murderers get away with it, but killing people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong, seems to fail to get it's point across.

It seems it's getting harder to find an effective deterrent doesn't it? The only plus to execution is at least the tax payers don't foot the bill for the lowlife to stay in jail for another 40 years.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/13/04 6:50 pm    ::: Re: Death Penalty for Peterson Reply Reply with quote

Exactly. And then on the rare occasions the death penalty is carried out, the murderer becomes the "victim" - candlelight vigils and protests...
I understand it's meant as both punishment and deterrant, but I don't think it's working. A life of hard labor seems better to me.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/13/04 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there is a case for killing someone that don't deserve to live, they made a good one for this guy. What he did and why, reminded me of the time I saw this guy throw a puppy off a roof? I asked him why he did it, he said "because it was in his way." I was tiny and only 8 years old, but that wasn't a good enough reason to kill a puppy. If I was big and strong, I would have thrown him off the roof, right behind that puppy.

Funny how karma works, years later that same guy was shot and killed in a carjacking. He did something senseless and later died senselessly. Not saying that it's right, but when I heard he got killed, the first thing that came to my mind was, "ain't that the guy that threw the puppy off the roof?" "Oh, whatever!!!"

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/13/04 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't help but wonder if he was thinking about that puppy as he was dying.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 12/13/04 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know. But, you know how people say they saw their life flash past them, when it's in danger.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: