RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alison Bales: Underrated?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 08/25/06 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
to answer the post ques- no, bales is not underrated.

both players are, generally speaking, stiffs. both will be serviceable in the W.

i don't think JD will be able to post up 4 feet from the hoop as easily at the pro level and bales will be more limited there by her immobility.

that said, both will be AAs this year and i'd like to have either one in a UCONN uni.

Rolling Eyes Typical... Anyways I'll take Tina Charles thanks.

typical? what's typical? that i compliment 2 players by saying i wouldn't mind either one in a uconn uniform?

your reference to TC is germane to what? oh, i get it. in your uconn mind i dissed TC? is that it? typical.

and you are, who? i don't believe i've had the pleasure.

No, both players are not stiffs. How can you call Bales stiff when she ate UConn for lunch in the Elite 8? Her presence in the paint is what basically carried Duke to a victory. Why would call them stiffs then say you'd take them in a UConn uni? I said I'll take who we HAVE, Tina Charles. And I'm Ryan, btw. Okay thanks.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/25/06 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
to answer the post ques- no, bales is not underrated.

both players are, generally speaking, stiffs. both will be serviceable in the W.

i don't think JD will be able to post up 4 feet from the hoop as easily at the pro level and bales will be more limited there by her immobility.

that said, both will be AAs this year and i'd like to have either one in a UCONN uni.

Rolling Eyes Typical... Anyways I'll take Tina Charles thanks.

typical? what's typical? that i compliment 2 players by saying i wouldn't mind either one in a uconn uniform?

your reference to TC is germane to what? oh, i get it. in your uconn mind i dissed TC? is that it? typical.

and you are, who? i don't believe i've had the pleasure.

No, both players are not stiffs. How can you call Bales stiff when she ate UConn for lunch in the Elite 8? Her presence in the paint is what basically carried Duke to a victory. Why would call them stiffs then say you'd take them in a UConn uni? I said I'll take who we HAVE, Tina Charles. And I'm Ryan, btw. Okay thanks.

i have a few definitions of stiff. you can be an effective stiff in college. effective stiffs in college generally have a harder time of it in the pro ranks.

as for bales eating uconn's lunch- use that college brain of yours and do some critical analysis. if bales ate us for lunch, what does it tell you about our inside game last year?

tina charles is no stiff. Smile

shmace83002

PostPosted: 08/27/06 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

theyre both not that great.
if i was liberty tho id take davenport because foster is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better coach than gail

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/27/06 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
if i was liberty tho id take davenport because foster is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better coach than gail

Huh??

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 08/27/06 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Quote:

Huh??

yeah, um, sure. by the way, what relevance does that have again?

PostPosted: 08/27/06 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
Quote:

Huh??

yeah, um, sure. by the way, what relevance does that have again?

Neither has a great track record of turning out WNBA stars, especially post players.

PostPosted: 08/27/06 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bales will be a solid back-up in the W. And hopefully she'll be on a team that can teach her a little aggresiveness like Seattle, Connecticut or Sacramento.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 08/31/06 1:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Neither has a great track record of turning out WNBA stars, especially post players.

Duke only started getting top-flight recruits in 2000. Duke's highest ranked incoming post player was Mistie Williams, who just finished her first season in the W (I am not counting Tillis as a post player). Van Gorp had a relatively good career for someone who wasn't that highly touted and who improved tremendously between her junior and senior seasons at Duke.

tennis2

PostPosted: 09/03/06 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
boilerjay wrote:
OU#1 wrote:
And to be bluntly honest, the Big10 is very weak as compared to 4-5 yrs. ago.

And yet the Big 10 dominated the Big 12, last season. Rolling Eyes

And that includes dominating Oklahoma ...
bold added for this post

you are right illinois and michigan state beat oklahoma before january.........that was not the same oklahoma team that won the big 12 and that lost by four to ohio state...............

my point is that by your remark "includes dominating Oklahoma" means something more than just dominating the big 12...........and to me it doesn't.............because Oklahoma was not a good team in the first two losses............they BECAME A darned good team later in the season.........and if illinois and michigan state had beaten them then, it would mean they beat the oklahoma team that won the big 12 and went to the ncaa tournament

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/19/06 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of Alison Bales...new photos/bio pages are up:

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/19/06 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ali is smokin'! Get em, girl! Razz

toad455

PostPosted: 09/19/06 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like she's lost some weight. That should make even more dangerous. Maybe she's finally decided to take basketball seriously and realize the potential she has.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/19/06 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Several of the Devil women look...well, devilishly fine.

http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&KEY=&SPID=1846&SPSID=22763

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/20/06 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Looks like she's lost some weight. That should make even more dangerous. Maybe she's finally decided to take basketball seriously and realize the potential she has.

It has nothing to do with taking basketball seriously...she always has. It has to do with being more comfortable with her size and understanding it is okay to be dominant on the court. She has Lindsey Davenport syndrome sometimes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: