RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Coach Versyp and Purdue get 4 big games on ESPN.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 09/15/06 8:45 am    ::: Coach Versyp and Purdue get 4 big games on ESPN. Reply Reply with quote

Purdue Women's Basketball Team is use to big time TV, but this will be a first for Coach Versyp.

ESPN2

Nov. 20th at UConn
Jan. 7th Big Ten/Big XII Challenge game at Texas
Jan.29th Ohio State at PU
and finally Feb. 11th Michigan State at PU

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/15/06 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, guess they didn't want to go to West Lafayette for a game...all of those are on the road! Tough schedule...

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Wow, guess they didn't want to go to West Lafayette for a game...all of those are on the road! Tough schedule...

It looks like two of the four will actually be in West Lafayette, cam.

But you're right, Purdue's schedule this year is much much tougher than last year. Of course, we were anticipating Amber Harris and Dee Dee Jernigan and I'm guessing Kristy Curry initially thought she would be the coach and Cherelle George didn't get 'help' on her paper, but what are you gonna do. You wanna be one of the big dogs, you gotta play with the big dogs.

I can't wait for the season to get here.

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is why I never come into the office at 5:00 am...even after a few hours, I am still not with it!

Damn appellate briefs...

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
This is why I never come into the office at 5:00 am...even after a few hours, I am still not with it!

Damn appellate briefs...

5am. You go boy!!!!!!!!!

You know, it's weird. I love the mornings. I like being up early on the weekends....call me crazy. I like driving when no one else is out.

But I can't get up early for work. I sit in rush hour wiht the rest of Indianapolis and if I have to get up early for work, it's like someone asking me to chop off a limb.

I can still see your point though, cam......there are a lot of folks that don't ever really want to go to West Lafayette. haha (it's actually a nice little college town though an hour from INdy and two from Chicago with easy interstate access)

I'm moving to Charlotte this weekend so I'm definitely gonna miss it but thank Al Gore for the internet, the caveman for inventing the wheel, Henry Ford for making the rest of the car, and the Wright Brothers for figuring out how to fly!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/15/06 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:

I can still see your point though, cam......there are a lot of folks that don't ever really want to go to West Lafayette. haha (it's actually a nice little college town though an hour from INdy and two from Chicago with easy interstate access)

Actually, that wasn't my point. I was just joking about ESPN, since I mistakenly read all four as road games.

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 09/15/06 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Damn appellate briefs...

5am. You go boy!!!!!!!!!

You know, it's weird. I love the mornings. I like being up early on the weekends....call me crazy. I like driving when no one else is out.

But I can't get up early for work. I sit in rush hour wiht the rest of Indianapolis and if I have to get up early for work, it's like someone asking me to chop off a limb.

I'm moving to Charlotte this weekend so I'm definitely gonna miss it but thank Al Gore for the internet, the caveman for inventing the wheel, Henry Ford for making the rest of the car, and the Wright Brothers for figuring out how to fly!!!!!

I've lived in Lafayette myself.......not a bad town and I've been to Charlotte several times when my sister lived there. SMALL WORLD

Good luck and I think you will enjoy the much bigger city and I'm sure the climate will be to your enjoyment as well. Smile

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 09/15/06 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One word, Cam: Academics. The only reason I'm ever awake at 5am any more is to ride my bike. Cool

PostPosted: 09/15/06 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:

Actually, that wasn't my point. I was just joking about ESPN, since I mistakenly read all four as road games.

Oh I know it wasn't your point. It's just funny because people think that WLaf is in the middle of nowhere, and for some reason I just decided to hop up on a soapbox!!!!!!!

But I knew what you meant. Wink

PostPosted: 09/15/06 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

00NDROCKS wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Damn appellate briefs...

5am. You go boy!!!!!!!!!

I've lived in Lafayette myself.......not a bad town and I've been to Charlotte several times when my sister lived there. SMALL WORLD

Good luck and I think you will enjoy the much bigger city and I'm sure the climate will be to your enjoyment as well. Smile

thanks oon!!!! I live in Indy now and this is a fantastic city. It is tough to leave here, it really is. It's convenient to a lot of other great cities, not to mention Purdue, and it's extremely affordable to live here and has everything I want.

But I have an opportunity in front of me that at this point in my life I can't pass up. Life's too short they say, so I might as well see what comes of it.

Charlotte seems beautiful.........it will take some time but I think I'll be okay!! Thanks again!

PostPosted: 09/15/06 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
00NDROCKS wrote:
IndyPurduefan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Damn appellate briefs...

5am. You go boy!!!!!!!!!

thanks oon!!!! I live in Indy now and this is a fantastic city. It is tough to leave here, it really is. It's convenient to a lot of other great cities, not to mention Purdue, and it's extremely affordable to live here and has everything I want.

But I have an opportunity in front of me that at this point in my life I can't pass up. Life's too short they say, so I might as well see what comes of it.

Charlotte seems beautiful.........it will take some time but I think I'll be okay!! Thanks again!

Per maps on MSN.COM

2hrs. 18 mins. UNC-CHAPEL HLL (Tar Heels)
2hrs. 19 mins. DUKE- (Blue Devils)
2hrs. 50 mins. NC STATE (Wolfpack)

Your Basketball life still looks GOOD!

BallState1984

PostPosted: 09/15/06 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If one hears anyone dissing WL, advise them to visit Muncie. For that alone is why I busted my butt to graduate on time!

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 09/18/06 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IndyPurduefan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Damn appellate briefs...

5am. You go boy!!!!!!!!!

IPF, good luck with the move! It's been almost a year since I moved to Portland, Oregon from Indy and yes...thank g-d for the internet! I sure miss being able to go to the games......

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 09/18/06 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BallState1984 wrote:
If one hears anyone dissing WL, advise them to visit Muncie. For that alone is why I busted my butt to graduate on time!

Agreed. Muncie is the PITS. That and Terre Haute (shudder).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: