RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sue Bird a Liberty fan?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/08/04 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, I can't really hear the Christ the King connection anymore.
If NY doesn't trade for Mique, I predict that 2005 will be the worst year in the franchise's history. I don't recall the 1998 record, but I'm pretty sure that without Tari, possibly Nova and VJ, this team won't get over 0.500.
Not even close...
Since we're not sure about Nova and VJ, I will hold that prediction.
And it's too damn early to start making stupid predictions anyway lol

PostPosted: 12/08/04 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Nova and VJ are back they should be OK. They were pretty much without Tari last season and reached the conference finals.

PostPosted: 12/08/04 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you sure Libs fans and Red Sox fans aren't the same? You always predict gloom!!!!

BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/08/04 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, true, but I don't expect Nova to be in the Top 5 in several statistic categories like she was this year. Her numbers and VJ's will be probably heading south too at some point. They will hit the downside soon. Actually, I think that's already happening to VJ...and she's not doing the right thing by playing injured.
But who knows why she needs to do that...All I know is that she's having a terrible season over in Italy...

PostPosted: 12/08/04 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Are you sure Libs fans and Red Sox fans aren't the same? You always predict gloom!!!!

Ok, that means I only have to keep doing it for another 78 years to get a championship ring!
I'll be 103!

PostPosted: 12/08/04 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's not even funny DTS!!! Bite your tongue!!! Liberty fans are NY'ers (and surrounding states and Brazil & Israel)...NOT Boston or New England?? Eeeeeewwww!! LOL!!!

Too funny!!!

I just hope we don't have to wait 86 years to win a damn championship.

dtsnms wrote:

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/09/04 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Is This the Future Of The Liberty???? Shocked

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/09/04 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or maybe the Future of the Comets????

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 12/09/04 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm...I have seen this little girl somewhere...oh where, oh where have I seen her?? Hmmm!! I KNOW!! Mohegan Sun!!

Is this your 'imaginary' daughter DTS??? LOL!!

dtsnms wrote:
So Is This the Future Of The Liberty???? Shocked

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/09/04 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A younger version for sure! I was browsing my hard drive and found these from the Pro Cup of the NWBL two years ago. Very Happy

pilight

PostPosted: 12/10/04 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Yes, true, but I don't expect Nova to be in the Top 5 in several statistic categories like she was this year. Her numbers and VJ's will be probably heading south too at some point.

Nova is more likely to repeat last season than Tari is to repeat her season of two or three years ago. Yes, Nova was in the top 5 in the league in rebounds and blocks but she's had better years in both stats in the past.

PostPosted: 12/10/04 7:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:
Yes, true, but I don't expect Nova to be in the Top 5 in several statistic categories like she was this year. Her numbers and VJ's will be probably heading south too at some point.

Nova is more likely to repeat last season than Tari is to repeat her season of two or three years ago. Yes, Nova was in the top 5 in the league in rebounds and blocks but she's had better years in both stats in the past.

Maybe her most impressive stat was #2 in 3P%. Also, she was #4 in double-doubles.
I predict many double-doubles for her if Donaphin is the starting center, but unfortunately she's going to get only defensive rebounds.
Nova doesn't stay inside, she doesn't box out. She usually outjumps people. That's why players like White and Tari are much more effective, even if all they do is box out.
White gets more offensive boards than anyone on the team, that means more second-chance points, more ball possession. I believe almost half of White's rebounds were offensive.
That's huge, especially for a team as trigger-happy from the perimeter as the Liberty.
More importantly, if Baranova is shooting 3-pointers, who the hell is rebounding the missed shots???
Well, the whole Donaphin thing is just mind boggling.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: