RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA head coach sighting at WNBL game (no, not Carrie Graf)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 12/10/04 6:51 am    ::: WNBA head coach sighting at WNBL game (no, not Carrie Graf) Reply Reply with quote

I believe I spotted Sacramento Monarchs head coach John Whisenant at tonight's Flames/Lynx game (oh of all the games he could have picked). Maybe that's why Belinda Snell got trigger happy and went 7/23 from the field - she was eager to impress. I have never seen Snelly brick so many open threes. Belinda don't worry, you *will* get into the WNBA and please go back to normal next week! Thank the deities this was Perth and not Bulleen or Dandenong. Whiz might have also been scouting Shelley Hammonds, who is a rose on an otherwise dismal Perth team.

Apparently Whiz will be at the top of the table clash in Melbourne tomorrow. Not sure who he would be scouting there though - the WNBA prospects on Dandenong and Bulleen are both 4s (Jacinta Hamilton and Hollie Grima respectively), a position Sacramento definitely does not need. Or maybe he's looking at Katrina Hibbert or Carly Wilson (both of them 3s) but I don't think either of them are WNBA-calibre.
sambista

PostPosted: 12/10/04 7:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

are you sure that wasn't charlton heston?

PostPosted: 12/10/04 7:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
are you sure that wasn't charlton heston?

No, I'm sure I could detect his unholy aura.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/10/04 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't underestimate the Wiz taking another 4...he did it with Brunson. Rolling Eyes

mb

PostPosted: 12/10/04 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegs, Shelley (in addition to Snelly) is a favorite of mine. What is her honest hieght? What spot is she now playing, and what spot is she suited for in the WNBA? Is she ready for the WNBA?

caune

PostPosted: 12/10/04 10:55 am    ::: Re: WNBA head coach sighting at WNBL game (no, not Carrie Gr Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
I believe I spotted Sacramento Monarchs head coach John Whisenant at tonight's Flames/Lynx game (oh of all the games he could have picked). Maybe that's why Belinda Snell got trigger happy and went 7/23 from the field - she was eager to impress. I have never seen Snelly brick so many open threes. Belinda don't worry, you *will* get into the WNBA and please go back to normal next week! Thank the deities this was Perth and not Bulleen or Dandenong. Whiz might have also been scouting Shelley Hammonds, who is a rose on an otherwise dismal Perth team.

Apparently Whiz will be at the top of the table clash in Melbourne tomorrow. Not sure who he would be scouting there though - the WNBA prospects on Dandenong and Bulleen are both 4s (Jacinta Hamilton and Hollie Grima respectively), a position Sacramento definitely does not need. Or maybe he's looking at Katrina Hibbert or Carly Wilson (both of them 3s) but I don't think either of them are WNBA-calibre.

Are you sure he wasn't scouting Rebecca Brinact Wink ?
I've heard she plays real well after ingesting american candy Cool

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/10/04 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb wrote:
Keegs, Shelley (in addition to Snelly) is a favorite of mine. What is her honest hieght? What spot is she now playing, and what spot is she suited for in the WNBA? Is she ready for the WNBA?

Shelley's 6'2" and she's currently playing post for Perth. She's definitely an internatiional 3 though.

I don't think she's quite ready for the WNBA yet and playing post in the WNBL isn't going to help her. A patient WNBA coach might snap her up as a 10th/11th player and let her develop. She's got the potential to be very good.
mb

PostPosted: 12/12/04 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alicia Keys could be an obsession of mine w/o the great music!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/12/04 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Alicia Keys could be an obsession of mine w/o the great music!

I saw the video yesterday for "My Boo" with Usher. Man, can you imagine how unbelievably good looking their offspring would be!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: