RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix vs Sacramento
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 05/22/05 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From what I saw tonight, I believe Lisa Harrison is as good or better than Kayte. LOL Shocked

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 05/22/05 4:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reb, you are right. Lisa had a very good game...on both ends of the court. Other than a missed layup, she was right on. Both Lisa and Kayte are playing on sore knees.

The Mercury definitely missed their other players, but I thought the others stepped up well.

As for Wright and preseason...she spent a lot of the preseason injured. She did strengthen her upper torso and seems to be a lot more confident to take the ball inside. That is where Freakie Reek is most effective and it will improve her game.

A few fans talked to Plenette briefly after the game. She said she is day to day, but right now she is very sore. She hopes to be available for Tuesday. She didn't like watching this game from the bench.

As for Tom and Dan, the commentators. Yes, they are local and were teamed for several of the Suns games. Dan has been a welcome addition to the Suns commentatary team. He is a well loved former Sun and a huge Mercury supporter. His last name, in case you missed it, should be familiar to those who regularly read Brigade posts, Majerle....as in Majerles.

I know what you mean by the off topic discussions, but you need to keep in mind that the TV provided was a local station and broadcast in Phoenix on an independant, noncable station. Having the Suns broadcasting team was a good thing for the Mercury. If they increase their TV viewership, they may increase attendance. Our best play by play guy is Kevin Ray, the radio man. He has even won radio's equivilant to the Emmy for his Mercury coverage. But people complained about him last year too. I guess it is what you get used to.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/22/05 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no way that Majerle can be worse than Shumate. That guy was the worst commentator ever, but I guess Merc fans can thank him for getting Taurasi and PT.

PostPosted: 05/22/05 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We lost by 5 points...without Penny Taylor, Plenette Pierson, and Kamila Vodichkova. Not a bad effort.

Caune had her "Snelly is a Ledge" sign.

Post-game: NOT Majerle's! We were at Hard Rock. We got hugs from Lily and Mario Taurasi. Angelina Williams was super friendly. Ashely looked like a supermodel. We consoled Diana about how she wasn't getting calls from the officials.

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/22/05 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Post-game: NOT Majerle's! We were at Hard Rock. We got hugs from Lily and Mario Taurasi. Angelina Williams was super friendly. Ashely looked like a supermodel. We consoled Diana about how she wasn't getting calls from the officials.

Is this a one-off or the new thing?
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 05/22/05 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

The Taurasi's are great. Ashley always looks nice, and that's nice to know about Angelina. She struck me as a friendly person just watching her last night. I think she is going to be a "surprise" player in this league.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 05/22/05 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently, MB can no longer get a reserved table at Majerle's. There aren't any servers for him to ask out...he has asked out all of them!

Seriously, there was some event last night...they weren't doing reserved tables, not even for the Brigade. Heck, the Taurasi family had to come to Hard Rock, so I guess they really weren't playing faves.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/22/05 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Really, you'd think Diana would be used to not getting calls by now...

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno has said that Diana thinks that she never commits a foul. So maybe she never got used to it. Idea

caune

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Geno has said that Diana thinks that she never commits a foul. So maybe she never got used to it. Idea

No player ever thinks they commit fouls, Diana is no exception.

And on the topic of Kayte, I think the girl is much maligned!
She gives her all and uses her fouls as instructed. Other players have said how they hate to play against Kayte because she's so physical. Every team should have a Kayte on the bench to send into the game to "send a message" Twisted Evil

pilight

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Every team should have a Kayte on the bench to send into the game to "send a message" Twisted Evil

Didn't John Chaney get in trouble for that?

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
caune wrote:
Every team should have a Kayte on the bench to send into the game to "send a message" Twisted Evil

Come on pilight, not even close to the same thing. Kaytes never injured anyone, but she is certainly physical, that's her role on the team.

Now about Snelly, I gave her the last bag of the Violet crumbles, which she did share with Diana, so I'm surprised they didn't shoot better Confused

And Snelly, she has a great arm cause after the game, she threw me a t-shirt and was spot on, 11 rows off the court, right to me...maybe she should be the one making those cross court passes Shocked

Keegan

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

My theory is that Snelly saw the sign in the last 6 minutes and started channelling her ledgeness.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
caune wrote:

Laughing

caune

PostPosted: 05/22/05 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

My theory is that Snelly saw the sign in the last 6 minutes and started channelling her ledgeness.

OH yeah, I'll take credit Cool

I was going to get the sign signed for you Keegan because I told her it was the idea of her biggest fan, but I left it at Hardrock last night (I had some adorable guy buying me drinks, and his BF didn't even seem to mind Razz ) But when you come in August we'll make a new sign!!!

But really, I think she's getting adjusted to things and it's all starting to click for her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: