RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Five Pacers Charged in Basketball Brawl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 12/08/04 1:45 pm    ::: Five Pacers Charged in Basketball Brawl Reply Reply with quote

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20041208/ap_on_sp_bk_ne/bkn_brawl_investigation

PostPosted: 12/08/04 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the press conference on ESPN news. I thought the prosecutor did a great job breaking down, who was charged, and why they were charged. He had a slide show and video presentation. I'm glad he didn't let the fans slide. O'Neal seem to have gotten hit the hardest, as far as the players were concern. He felt his assault on the one fan, was non-provoked. The way they presented the video, Artest actually got the worst of the beatdown.
At one point he was being held by two and being attacked by two more. They really didn't come down as hard as I thought the would on Artest, but the guy explained why.

He also felt and stated, had that one fan not thrown the cup, he wouldn't be standing there today. That very important piece, is going to come into play, when all the lawsuits are charged against the NBA and it's players.

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 12/08/04 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can catch the nearly hour-long breakdown here: Shocked

http://www.nba.com/news/pacers_pistons_index.html

One point I noticed is that Ben Wallace's brother seemed to hit Fred Jones in order to get him to stop hitting the cup-thrower John Green. From the camera's perspective, it's obvious that Jones is trying to grab Green's right shoulder and pull his punching arm away which he was using against Artest. However, I think David Wallace will get off since he could easily make the case that from his viewpoint, it looked like Jones threw out his arm to punch Green in the head. Adding to that case is how Jones grabbed Green's hat off in the process of trying to get Green's arm.

I haven't been able to see the entire hour yet... the RealPlayer keeps on timing out after 10 minutes or so with only the audio working. Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: