RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Duke beats Tennessee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/02/04 9:34 pm    ::: Duke beats Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

Monique Currie is a stud!

PostPosted: 12/02/04 9:57 pm    ::: Re: Duke beats Tennessee Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Monique Currie is a stud!

Yes she is. The way she took over down the stretch for the Blue Devils was great.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/02/04 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pilight was one of the posters who predicted (about 1.5 years ago) that Currie would have a better pro career than Beard.

Given Beard's second half performance this year, Currie is going to tear it up! Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 12/02/04 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Pilight was one of the posters who predicted (about 1.5 years ago) that Currie would have a better pro career than Beard.

Given Beard's second half performance this year, Currie is going to tear it up! Smile

Yeah, and I haven't changed my mind one bit. She's still the only player I've seen that's really reminded me of Cynthia Cooper.

PostPosted: 12/02/04 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Currie needs to improve her three-point percentage (25 pecent now), but she is 50 percent over the last 4 games.

Monique came into Duke RIPPED, muscles bulging. She has a no-fear attitude and is incredibly strong, athletic, and mobile. She came out like gangbusters in her first game as a frosh.

Now, Currie is in a unique situation. She was a very good player surrounded by Beard, the POY. Now, she is going from being the 2nd or 3rd option to the first option and the team leader. Many players (Mazzante) never are able to experience both and learn to be great players in both scenarios.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/03/04 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations Cam, great game! I was flipping between two awesome games, I had ND-Mich. St on CSTV as well.

Mich St looked excellent, Batteast didn't show well.

Currie, as I said on the other board to the Prof, will go no lower than top 3 I think. She is going to be a superstar.

And I'm still waiting for Ely to show up in a big game (that I've seen)

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/03/04 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The sad part about Houston's pick is that the Comets likely have zero chance for Currie. I think she would have solved a lot of problems for that team (though not all of them). And I think Pilight and the Jammer would have loved having her on their team.

Batteast will go high as well. This draft should be fine for about 7 picks.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/03/04 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The sad part about Houston's pick is that the This draft should be fine for about 7 picks.

Super, the Sun pick 8th!

pilight

PostPosted: 12/03/04 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The sad part about Houston's pick is that the Comets likely have zero chance for Currie. I think she would have solved a lot of problems for that team (though not all of them). And I think Pilight and the Jammer would have loved having her on their team.

Batteast will go high as well. This draft should be fine for about 7 picks.

Well, we've got the Fever drafting ahead of us, that can only be a good thing. They'll almost certainly go weird, like drafting Katie Feenstra or Kara Braxton or something. The Merc don't really need Currie. The Sting probably won't go #1 on her. It's unlike Trudi Lacey to go against the conventional wisdom, which right now says McCarville. The SASS might take her, but they have alot of needs and could go several directions. The Cindy Dallas pick from last year also raises the possibility that they don't know what they're doing. The Comets' chances of landing Currie if she comes out this year are not as bad as you make it sound.

PostPosted: 12/03/04 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pilight, I can tell you Phoenix is seriously looking at Currie.

And don't underestimate Trudi taking Currie, especially to replace Stinson (or move Feaster to the 2 and put Currie at the 3).

pilight

PostPosted: 12/03/04 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

And don't underestimate Trudi taking Currie, especially to replace Stinson (or move Feaster to the 2 and put Currie at the 3).

The Sting are actually the team ahead of us that I would pick as most likely to draft Currie.

If the Merc take her, does that mean they're seriously looking at dealing DeForge? PHX is pretty set at 2 & 3 otherwise.

PostPosted: 12/03/04 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

The Sting are actually the team ahead of us that I would pick as most likely to draft Currie.

If the Merc take her, does that mean they're seriously looking at dealing DeForge? PHX is pretty set at 2 & 3 otherwise.

You mean Penny Taylor isn't a 4?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/03/04 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Well, we've got the Fever drafting ahead of us, that can only be a good thing. They'll almost certainly go weird..."

LMAO! As a concerned Indiana Fever season ticket holder, I nominate this as the quote of the day!

pilight

PostPosted: 12/03/04 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
"Well, we've got the Fever drafting ahead of us, that can only be a good thing. They'll almost certainly go weird..."

LMAO! As a concerned Indiana Fever season ticket holder, I nominate this as the quote of the day!

The Fever have never failed to do something unusual in the draft, ranging from the risky (Tamika Catchings coming off an ACL, doing the draft & trade of Gwen Jackson) to the questionable (Kelly Schumacher as a first rounder, the Nikki McCray trade) to the ridiculous (Tawana McDonald, Ebony Hoffman). Kelly Krausfopf is the anti-Trudi Lacey in that regard, she doesn't do the safe, obvious thing.

PostPosted: 12/03/04 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

Don't worry Slovy, I'm sure Brian Winters will have a lot of input into the selection! Laughing

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/03/04 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

The only untradeable players on the Mercury are Diana, Penny, and Kayte.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/03/04 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

Don't worry Slovy, I'm sure Brian Winters will have a lot of input into the selection! :lol:

LOL!
That's what worries me. I saw him @ Stanford just days after he was hired to coach the Fever. Nicole's coach never gave her a break and frnkly, made her look bad. Sure enough - they pass on Nicole!

Keegan

PostPosted: 12/04/04 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

You mean Penny Taylor isn't a 4?

No matter how many times they put her on LJ or Yo, that doesn't make her a 4... (yes, I know you weren't saying she *is* a 4)

Mo on the Merc - would be a good fit provided we dealt Anna for a post. I love Mo's body control and strength.
Alepp03

PostPosted: 12/07/04 2:39 pm    ::: oh anna Reply Reply with quote

So does this mean that the Comets can trade Michelle Snow to the Merc for Anna DeForge and draft a post with their 5 pick? Just a thought...

So what is a bigger concern, the guard position or the post?

PostPosted: 12/07/04 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#3 for Snow would work.

If Anna is involved, Phoenix would have to consider trading Anna for Snow and the #5 pick, which I am not sure Van Chancellor would do.

Alepp03

PostPosted: 12/07/04 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose that wouldn't work cus Houston would have to have a way to get another post out of this. I'd say Plennette, but she's not a center, and that's what we need, not a 4. Too high of a risk factor, especially for Houston, this deal just won't get done in all likelihood.

PostPosted: 12/07/04 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alepp03 wrote:
I suppose that wouldn't work cus Houston would have to have a way to get another post out of this. I'd say Plennette, but she's not a center, and that's what we need, not a 4. Too high of a risk factor, especially for Houston, this deal just won't get done in all likelihood.

I think with the veterans on Houston, it's going to be tough to do something like that. I don't see the Comets wanting to wait around for two rookies to develop. Unless they saw something on the free agent market for a stop gap.

The way it does work is Snow for the #3 and then pick up Wendy Palmer or the like to go with the young post they take (McCarville or Irvin should be available at 3).

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/07/04 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina at the 3, similar to what Sacto does...Hmm...

Alepp03

PostPosted: 12/08/04 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina at the 3 has been mentioned many times on this board/ESPN board by myself and others... will it ever happen? NO! Boo on Van.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: