RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Toughest day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/25/06 11:28 am    ::: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

Today is really tough. Since Reb's inflating the salaries at a record pace, I can't change the lineup I had previously set. Now here's an idea, oh Great One, how about you let us renegotiate values for each player? I mean, I don't wanna change the entire lineup, only one player whose salary has gone down, but in order to do that, I have to assume everyone's current salary and then I'm over the cap. Come on, Reb, think about that for next year's game, k? Wink

PostPosted: 07/25/06 11:52 am    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

I love days like this, when everyone has different line-ups. Makes things interesting.

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/25/06 11:57 am    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

I'm gonna take my hit in the #5 spot today...Ebony Hoffmann

PostPosted: 07/25/06 8:42 pm    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

Looks like my gamble on Phillips payed off!

LSUTigerFan

PostPosted: 07/25/06 8:51 pm    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

I took that gamble yesterday... Didn't pay off for me

PostPosted: 07/25/06 8:58 pm    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

LSUTigerFan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I took that gamble yesterday... Didn't pay off for me

My gambles usually don't.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 07/25/06 9:00 pm    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Today is really tough. Since Reb's inflating the salaries at a record pace, I can't change the lineup I had previously set. Now here's an idea, oh Great One, how about you let us renegotiate values for each player? I mean, I don't wanna change the entire lineup, only one player whose salary has gone down, but in order to do that, I have to assume everyone's current salary and then I'm over the cap. Come on, Reb, think about that for next year's game, k? Wink

What oceanic flight are you on? Laughing You can lock in a team but you can't lock in a player ... that's been the basic axiom from day one. I ain't inflating prices at a record pace, if anything they are more stable this year than they were last year, since I'm using a lot more games for determining their salaries

I might take a look at the salary cap, but it wouldn't change much, a point or two at the most.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/25/06 9:07 pm    ::: Re: Toughest day Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
BCBG25 wrote:

What oceanic flight are you on? Laughing You can lock in a team but you can't lock in a player ... that's been the basic axiom from day one. I ain't inflating prices at a record pace, if anything they are more stable this year than they were last year, since I'm using a lot more games for determining their salaries

I might take a look at the salary cap, but it wouldn't change much, a point or two at the most.

I like it like it is. If you could just take the top players in each position, what fun would that be? And if everyone had the same team, what fun would that be?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/25/06 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, no, no, you DID NOT understand me, which is pretty understandable. Laughing
In the ole ESPN VGM, you could negotiate players' salaries individually. Say I locked in Augustus for 15 and all of a sudden she's worth 13. If I want the new salary for Augustus, I'd have to absorb everyone's elses current salaries. Say the rest of my lineup was like this, uh, let's see, Bird for 10, Taurasi for 12, LJ for 18 and LL for 20. I don't want their new salaries, I just want to change Augustus', I don't want to change the entire thing. In WVGM, you could renegotiate only that player's salary, INDIVIDUALLY. Which makes more sense to me. Early bird rewards, you know...

PostPosted: 07/25/06 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I like Reb's system better.

PostPosted: 07/25/06 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
In the ole ESPN VGM, you could negotiate players' salaries individually. Say I locked in Augustus for 15 and all of a sudden she's worth 13. If I want the new salary for Augustus, I'd have to absorb everyone's elses current salaries. Say the rest of my lineup was like this, uh, let's see, Bird for 10, Taurasi for 12, LJ for 18 and LL for 20. I don't want their new salaries, I just want to change Augustus', I don't want to change the entire thing. In WVGM, you could renegotiate only that player's salary, INDIVIDUALLY. Which makes more sense to me. Early bird rewards, you know...

Oh, I understood you perfectly.

Grumps

PostPosted: 07/25/06 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:

Well why don't you play their game???

Oh I forgot...They don't do it anymore...

Be thankfull for what you got and quit bugging Reb to change it...

Grumps

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/25/06 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumpy, I was making a suggestion, I'm pretty sure Reb understood it for what it was. Don't let yourself be hit by a low-flying sarcasm plane the next time.

PostPosted: 07/26/06 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never listen to a Mets fan ... Laughing

Grumps

PostPosted: 07/26/06 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Grumpy, I was making a suggestion, I'm pretty sure Reb understood it for what it was. Don't let yourself be hit by a low-flying sarcasm plane the next time.

Sorry but my disdain for anything ESPN popped out...Their game was so bogus I hate when people compare Rebs game with it...At least you can keep track of who is doing what here...ESPN's scoreboard never seemed to work late in the season...I think they actually had a winner one year that didn't really win the thing, or at least there was some controversy about it...

Grumps

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/26/06 7:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The ESPN game was full of bugs and it took them hours to update the scores, leaderboard, etc. Also, you could only set the lineup for the next day and the coaches were too expensive, they never adjusted their values. The suggestion I made could only work on a Monday for people who had locked in their l/u on a Sunday before they readjusted their salaries. It certainly is an advantage in Reb's game for all of those who set their lineups in advance, but you know, injuries happen. I know in the upcoming games I have people that won't play and when I try to switch them, I'll be over the cap and then I'll probably have to drop a stud or two. That's what I meant, but it certainly levels the playing field.
Point taken, tho. Never again will I praise ESPN instead or Reb. Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/26/06 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel your pain, but all of us have had to make those kinds of choices all season long. Yeah it's tough realizing that to replace Sales I might have to also replace LJ or Lisa, but that's what makes this game so interesting. How do you adjust the lineup and not take a serious hit? Depending on the other options at the injured player's spot, you might even have to evaluate and say a zero here might be offset by keeping the other "studs" in my lineup. Or maybe you take a much lesser light as your replacement to keep the rest of your dream lineup. And every once in a while that lesser light goes off for a career night. Never when I pick her, of course, but that's another thing altogether.

If I was the only one having to face these decisions, I would say it's unfair. But I take comfort in knowing that everybody else has to make these same adjustments. It is interesting to see how it plays out and is most responsible for the point spread amongst those of us who actively work the game.

PostPosted: 07/26/06 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the best things about Rebs game is that you can set lineups all the way out if you want...No real excuse for missing a day...Having a healthy lineup is another story.... Wink

Grumps

mmcornelius23

PostPosted: 07/27/06 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amen Grumps. Very Happy

But some folks have to complain, even about a free game for fun. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks rebkell!! Razz

toad455

PostPosted: 07/28/06 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sunday's going to be impossible, all 14 teams in action. Good Luck everyone!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Fantasy Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: