RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Loree Moore to have surgery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/07/04 3:10 pm    ::: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

LADY VOL HOOPSTER MOORE SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY

Moore is expected to be out for up to a month

Dec. 7, 2004

KNOXVILLE, TENN. -- Jenny Moshak, University of Tennessee Assistant Athletics Director for Sports Medicine, announced this afternoon that Lady Vol basketball senior guard Loree Moore will undergo surgery this coming Friday.

"Loree has been experiencing ongoing and reoccurring throat and sinus problems," said Moshak. "The prescribed course of action is to have her tonsils removed. She is going to have a tonsillectomy performed by Dr. Leslie Baker at St. Mary's Medical Center on Fri., Dec. 10," related Moshak.

http://utladyvols.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/120704aaa.html

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/07/04 3:53 pm    ::: Re: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

Is it too late for her to redshirt? I think this season is alrady done for the Lady Vols.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/07/04 4:05 pm    ::: Re: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Is it too late for her to redshirt? I think this season is alrady done for the Lady Vols.

I don't think she's going to be out that long, and I don't think this season is already done, not in the least.

You're serious, you think the season is done? I do my fair share of grumbling, but I just don't think the season is done, don't be surprised to see Candace at anytime, then again she might not be back this year, but it won't surprise me to see her at anytime.

As far as Moore being out, I think it will be good for us in the long run, I'm figuring it will put Hornbuckle at the point, and I feel pretty good with that, she's been a bit shakey this year, on the offensive end, but I've seen her in action, she appears to be the real deal.

You'll excuse me, if I don't give up on the year yet.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/07/04 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Season is done already? Slovy when did you start posting on the Boneyard?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/07/04 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Pat, must be really cracking the whip, Loree practiced today, according to the Summitt, that or Loree is doing some serious teaching and tutoring, I guess all this talk about being more vocal and talking to each other more on the court, was taken too serious by Loree, she didn't holler her lungs out, but looks like she may have blown out a tonsil Smile

Slovydal

PostPosted: 12/07/04 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

LMAO!

OK, I'm exaggerating, but those kids have to get it together - quick!
Candace playing this season? I LIKE IT!

pilight

PostPosted: 12/07/04 5:00 pm    ::: Re: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

I think it's a good thing for the LVs. Moore has demonstrated an inability to run an offense and they've tried a different style every year in the search for a system she can run.

PostPosted: 12/07/04 5:03 pm    ::: Re: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

I think it's a good thing for the LVs. Moore has demonstrated an inability to run an offense and they've tried a different style every year in the search for a system she can run.

It's too bad you don't say what you really think pilight!

pilight

PostPosted: 12/07/04 5:09 pm    ::: Re: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

It's too bad you don't say what you really think pilight!

I am not a Loree Moore fan at all. Sadly, Van will probably take her with our first round pick.

PostPosted: 12/07/04 5:09 pm    ::: Re: Loree Moore to have surgery Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

They have never had an offense that any point guard could run up there, so I ain't gonna put the blame on Loree, I look more at the mentor, getting the message across, the message is always play harder and make the D the offense.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/07/04 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hornbuckle is not a point guard. She is a two guard who can pass.

Hasn't Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood been practicing?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/07/04 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Hornbuckle is not a point guard. She is a two guard who can pass.

Hasn't Sa'de Wiley-Gatewood been practicing?

Yes, a little bit, but she's nowhere near being in shape from what I'm gathering, and I do believe Hornbuckle will make a fine point guard.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 12/07/04 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, a little bit, but she's nowhere near being in shape from what I'm gathering, and I do believe Hornbuckle will make a fine point guard.

I disagree. I think of Hornbuckle as Beard. Great shooting guard, very good passer, but not a point gurad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: