RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transactions 5/12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 05/12/05 8:50 am    ::: Transactions 5/12 Reply Reply with quote

The Washington Mystics waived Cathy Joens.
The Houston Comets waived Gordana Grubin.

PostPosted: 05/12/05 8:55 am    ::: Re: Transactions 5/12 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Was she in camp, or are they just waiving their rights to her?

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 05/12/05 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Re Grubin: waiving since she "waved" at them long ago!!

Surprised to hear about Joens, though. I liked Koehn when they played here in Houston, but Joens had plenty of opportunity to show what she could do.

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 05/12/05 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:

Surprised to hear about Joens, though. I liked Koehn when they played here in Houston, but Joens had plenty of opportunity to show what she could do.

not shocked,nothing this F/O does shocks me any more,but i'm very disaponted.the one thing that most people (at least in my circle)took away from the game vs LA was that joens was a keeper.. what a joke...move after move just have you shaking your head.just add this to the list...

wnbafan

PostPosted: 05/12/05 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticwiz wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

not shocked,nothing this F/O does shocks me any more,but i'm very disaponted.the one thing that most people (at least in my circle)took away from the game vs LA was that joens was a keeper.. what a joke...move after move just have you shaking your head.just add this to the list...

I agree. I am very shocked, though. I thought she earned her spot on Tuesday. I'd rather have her than Kiesha Brown, and even Coco who did not prove she deserves a spot.

PostPosted: 05/12/05 1:12 pm    ::: Re: Transactions 5/12 Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I hope Grubin comes over this year... I know Seattle could use an offensive backup PG... The Storm has the same backup problem as last year... they're all defensive Shocked

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 05/12/05 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Richie hadn't been the head coach, then I think Joens would be a keeper. He didn't like her in NY (as in he cut her) and he did it again. She has the shot of Erin Thorn & the almost ability to create like C-Rob. She's a good player! I hope she gets picked up somewhere!

Mysticwiz wrote:
4ever_bball_fan wrote:

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 05/12/05 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
If Richie hadn't been the head coach, then I think Joens would be a keeper. He didn't like her in NY (as in he cut her) and he did it again. She has the shot of Erin Thorn & the almost ability to create like C-Rob. She's a good player! I hope she gets picked up somewhere!

I was thinking the same thing. Cathy is actually better at creating her own shot than C-Rob. Cathy needs to be in the W, she's so much better than some of the guards in the league.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/12/05 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Seattle Storm waived Catrina Frierson.
The Seattle Storm waived Dionee Brown.
The Minnesota Lynx waived Tamia Williams.

PostPosted: 05/12/05 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta33 wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Cathy is actually better at creating her own shot than C-Rob. Cathy needs to be in the W, she's so much better than some of the guards in the league.

I'll third that...Last year when she was with NY she looked good and it got down to, like, the last cut and she was cut...none of us could believe that they cut her rather than Thorn...who is STILL not as good as Joens. Is Helen Luz still around? I think Joens is better than she is as well and she is taller and younger. Maybe someone will pick Joens up; a team who needs an outside shooter.

styxfan22

PostPosted: 05/12/05 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe LA will sign Joens. She's from Irvine, I think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: