RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2 lopsided wins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/08/05 10:13 pm    ::: 2 lopsided wins Reply Reply with quote

Boy, will Miami and SA cruise in the semis or what...especially if Ray Allen is injured.
Nothing comes close to the plots and storylines in the other semis tho.
We'll get to hear about Mark Cuban being cheap and not giving Nash an extension and how it came back to bite him in the ass, how Nash and Dirk are now having better seasons since they went their separate ways, how Amare might the better pick-and-roll partner, how the Mavs are now playing D, etc...
In the other East semi, that goes without saying. Detroit and Indy. Last year's conference finals rematch, not to mention what's happened with these two teams this year. I must say that I was surprised that Indy made it this far. They had some depth after all and you can't say enough about Rick Carlisle's coaching in this case. I'd like to see Reggie accomplish something, even if I'm not a big fan of his, but it'd be cool since his career was spent in Indy and he always showed the W some love.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching those two series, SA is just too flat and not really a team that interesting to watch. Not fun either. Miami I like, but Dallas and Phoenix should be the best, definitely. A real role reversal in the Mavs' case...and I hope Dirk remembers to set his alarm clock this time!

PostPosted: 05/09/05 8:28 am    ::: Re: 2 lopsided wins Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Boy, will Miami and SA cruise in the semis or what...especially if Ray Allen is injured.
Nothing comes close to the plots and storylines in the other semis tho.
We'll get to hear about Mark Cuban being cheap and not giving Nash an extension and how it came back to bite him in the ass, how Nash and Dirk are now having better seasons since they went their separate ways, how Amare might the better pick-and-roll partner, how the Mavs are now playing D, etc...
In the other East semi, that goes without saying. Detroit and Indy. Last year's conference finals rematch, not to mention what's happened with these two teams this year. I must say that I was surprised that Indy made it this far. They had some depth after all and you can't say enough about Rick Carlisle's coaching in this case. I'd like to see Reggie accomplish something, even if I'm not a big fan of his, but it'd be cool since his career was spent in Indy and he always showed the W some love.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching those two series, SA is just too flat and not really a team that interesting to watch. Not fun either. Miami I like, but Dallas and Phoenix should be the best, definitely. A real role reversal in the Mavs' case...and I hope Dirk remembers to set his alarm clock this time!

Saw an interview with the Matrix and he said all he's focusing on is stopping Dirk and letting the others score. Should be a lot of fun.

peaceplease

PostPosted: 05/09/05 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm getting nervous! Shocked
I LOVE my Mavs, but I see Phoenix and Miami in the finals. I just hope we make it a good series and if we win, I think I can live with that! Wink

PEACE
BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/09/05 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Poor Dirk, didn't know he was that sick. Couldn't even talk after the game...
I too think Phoenix is looking tough to beat, but I stand by my prediction that it's going to be a Mavs/Pistons finals. Who wins is anyone's guess...

PostPosted: 05/10/05 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dirk really went after Dampier in the post-game interviews... Shocked

peaceplease

PostPosted: 05/10/05 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

what was said?

PEACE
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/10/05 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cheryleggleston wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

what was said?

Finally found Dirk's quotes from the TNT postgame show:

Quote:
"He was a step slow on everything," Nowitzki said. "He never really got involved in the game.

"He has always been in foul trouble. The first series was the same thing. He gets a quick two fouls in the first two or three minutes, and we can’t be aggressive any more. Then he gets his third one and has to sit.

"He’s got to find a way to stay out there a little longer and find his rhythm. We’ve got to have him out there and be a presence."

"The bottom line is we’ve got to get something out of our center position," Nowitzki said. "We really haven’t gotten anything out of it in the first round.

"We found a way to win with a small lineup in the first round, but it’s not going to go on like that for the rest of the playoffs."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/dmoore/stories/051005dnsponbamoorecol.92103c15.html

Shocked

Quote:
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has argued he didn’t let Steve Nash walk in free agency and receive nothing in return. The money he didn’t pay Nash went to acquire Dampier.

Well, actually Cuban could have had both Nash and Dampier.... Not to mention Jamison... Maybe then they wouldn't have struggled against HOU, or have to depend on Josh Howard playing like an all-star to make up for the loss of scoring...

peaceplease

PostPosted: 05/10/05 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
cheryleggleston wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:

what was said?

Finally found Dirk's quotes from the TNT postgame show:

Quote:
"He was a step slow on everything," Nowitzki said. "He never really got involved in the game.

"He has always been in foul trouble. The first series was the same thing. He gets a quick two fouls in the first two or three minutes, and we can’t be aggressive any more. Then he gets his third one and has to sit.

"He’s got to find a way to stay out there a little longer and find his rhythm. We’ve got to have him out there and be a presence."

"The bottom line is we’ve got to get something out of our center position," Nowitzki said. "We really haven’t gotten anything out of it in the first round.

"We found a way to win with a small lineup in the first round, but it’s not going to go on like that for the rest of the playoffs."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/dmoore/stories/051005dnsponbamoorecol.92103c15.html

Shocked

Quote:
Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has argued he didn’t let Steve Nash walk in free agency and receive nothing in return. The money he didn’t pay Nash went to acquire Dampier.

Well, actually Cuban could have had both Nash and Dampier.... Not to mention Jamison... Maybe then they wouldn't have struggled against HOU, or have to depend on Josh Howard playing like an all-star to make up for the loss of scoring...

The truth hurt, huh Mark? I hated to see Jamison go!
Dirk on Dampier..........he is so right and it is exactly what I ahve been thinking/observing. There was an article in the Dallas Morning News a couple of weeks ago about how Dallas could use Bradley to frustrate Yao. Bradley didn't even get to play except a few minutes in the entire series. I don't know how much exaclty, but he has given Yao trouble and Johnson didn't even use him. The center position is lacking, that is for sure. Stoudemire is going to kill us every time. Damnit! Rolling Eyes

PEACE
BCBG25

PostPosted: 05/10/05 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, that has to be a first for Dirk. I guess everybody has their "Mique" moment once in their careers lol

"He can say what he wants,'' Dampier said. "We really didn't get a lot from anyone. This is not a one individual game. It's a team concept. We didn't play the way we are capable of playing, so for him to say something like that is totally stupid.''

Told of Dampier's remarks, Johnson said, "You know what's stupid? The way the Mavericks played the last game, that was stupid.''

Nowitzki, meanwhile, stood by his post-game comments.

"I'm not going to change what I said, and I don't think I need to talk to him,'' he said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-mavericks-suns&prov=ap&type=lgns

PostPosted: 05/10/05 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Wow, that has to be a first for Dirk. I guess everybody has their "Mique" moment once in their careers lol

Yeah, exactly... talk about showing his MVP-ness Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: