RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The ridiculously early but reasonable All Freshman Team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/07/23 9:35 pm    ::: The ridiculously early but reasonable All Freshman Team Reply Reply with quote

Only one spot left after two days into the season.

Milaysia Fulwiley - S.Car. (Magic Johnson on X: "I just saw the best move in all of basketball including the pros like LeBron, Steph, KD, Victor, and Jokic. Everyone must see the coast-to-coast, behind-the-back move by freshman guard MiLaysia Fulwiley from South Carolina. WOW!!")

JuJu Watkins - USC

Hannah Hidalgo - Notre Dame

Mikayla Williams - LSU
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 11/07/23 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s me hoping it’s Courtney Ogden.

PostPosted: 11/07/23 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A more athletic Caitlin Clark:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uWHoK2dHT8Q" title="How Malaysia Fulwiley will HUMBLE the SEC!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/08/23 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My money's on Ciera Toomey. We'll see how she does tomorrow. We haven't seen Madison Booker yet, either.

PostPosted: 11/08/23 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taliah Scott (Arkansas)

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/08/23 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
My money's on Ciera Toomey. We'll see how she does tomorrow. We haven't seen Madison Booker yet, either.

Toomey is redshirting.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/08/23 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Toomey is redshirting.

I didn't know this. HERE's an article from the Daily Tar Heel.

Quote:
Hull and Toomey will continue rehabilitating high school injuries, with both players having undergone surgery over the summer. By taking a redshirt year, each will retain four full years of playing time.

Quote:
Toomey was ranked as high as No. 3 among the players in the 2023 class but missed most of her senior year after tearing her ACL in March 2022.
PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/08/23 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
ucbart wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Toomey is redshirting.

Quote:
Hull and Toomey will continue rehabilitating high school injuries, with both players having undergone surgery over the summer. By taking a redshirt year, each will retain four full years of playing time.

Quote:
Toomey was ranked as high as No. 3 among the players in the 2023 class but missed most of her senior year after tearing her ACL in March 2022.

Shoot...I was really looking forward to seeing her play. Guess she'll just make next year's class all the betetr.

PostPosted: 11/08/23 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
ucbart wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Toomey is redshirting.

Quote:

Quote:

Shoot...I was really looking forward to seeing her play. Guess she'll just make next year's class all the better.

PostPosted: 11/14/23 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU's Mikaylah Williams dropped 42 points today (15-20, 5-8, 7-7) on Kent State, along with 7R, 3A, 3S and 2TO.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/15/23 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dawn's "Generational Player" label is legit, imo - she certainly has experienced High Talent at all levels. It'll be interesting to compare her freshman stats to Caitlyn's at the end of the season....they certainly are cut from the same cloth. Let's hope nothing gets in the way of her growth [see: Bueckers]

PostPosted: 11/17/23 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Taliah Scott is a pretty good candidate for that fifth spot. Now averaging 26.5 ppg after a 34 point outing tonight.

PostPosted: 11/30/23 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fulwiley only got 3 minutes of PT against North Carolina today. She's not getting any awards if she ain't in the rotation. Kind of puzzling considering she was 2nd in both scoring and assists coming in to this game. Maybe Dawn doesn't trust her defense?

PostPosted: 12/01/23 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Fulwiley only got 3 minutes of PT against North Carolina today. She's not getting any awards if she ain't in the rotation. Kind of puzzling considering she was 2nd in both scoring and assists coming in to this game. Maybe Dawn doesn't trust her defense?

One SC fan suggested it was her defense (or lack thereof) that caused the benching. I didn't see the game, so I cannot comment on her 3 minutes though.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/05/24 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone posted this link on McGraw's Bench and I figured it was relevant to this thread:

"In last 25 yrs, only one NBA, WNBA or D-I men's or women's player has had, in their entire career (same span or not),

a 12-gm span w/ 280 pts
a 12-gm span w/ 70 reb
a 12-gm span w/ 70 ast
a 12-gm span w/ 70 stl

That player is @ndwbb's Hannah Hidalgo. Her career is 12 games old."

https://twitter.com/OptaSTATS/status/1743120064541274432

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/28/24 7:20 pm    ::: Re: The ridiculously early but reasonable All Freshman Team Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Only one spot left after two days into the season.

Milaysia Fulwiley - S.Car. (Magic Johnson on X: "I just saw the best move in all of basketball including the pros like LeBron, Steph, KD, Victor, and Jokic. Everyone must see the coast-to-coast, behind-the-back move by freshman guard MiLaysia Fulwiley from South Carolina. WOW!!")

JuJu Watkins - USC

Hannah Hidalgo - Notre Dame

Mikayla Williams - LSU

For my final answer, I'll stick with my four immediate choices and add Madison Booker of Texas.
boogiezen

PostPosted: 03/28/24 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Audi Crooks. That's the name. And she's going to be a fan favorite. Also came from Iowa. Watch.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: