RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Media Brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/18/24 8:54 am    ::: Media Brackets Reply Reply with quote

Feel free to post brackets you find.

This is Charlie Creme's.

What the hell does he have against Indiana teams?? Has IU and ND both losing their second games on their home courts. Obviously home courts can be lost on, but come on Charlie!!!!

He has #5 Oklahoma just getting by #12 FGCU 82-80. Then he has No. 5 Oklahoma beating No. 4 Indiana 88-84.

Could this set up to be a repeat of the 2000 tourney?? Oklahoma went to Purdue as a #5 seed. First, they beat #12 BYU 86-81. Then they beat #4 Purdue 76-74. Let's hope that history does not repeat!!!!!!!!

This does require an ESPN+ account to read the complete article.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/39753909/2024-ncaa-tournament-instant-bracket-espn-predicts-how-men-march-madness

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/20/24 6:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/18/24 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USAToday brackets.

Does Nancy Armour realize that she chose USCal for the final game and not USCar?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/03/18/march-madness-womens-bracket-predictions-picks-2024/73021682007/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Phil

PostPosted: 03/19/24 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
USAToday brackets.

Does Nancy Armour realize that she chose USCal for the final game and not USCar?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/03/18/march-madness-womens-bracket-predictions-picks-2024/73021682007/

I wondered if that could be the case but I'm now thinking she did need to pick Southern California.

My belief is based on a shaky premise, that USA Today has editors.

Note that Horrow's final four and final include both South Carolina and Southern California. This is also true for Schnell as well. In the case of the latter two they use the convention of spelling out South Carolina and using USC for Southern California.

If there is an editor they wouldn't permit two contributors to use one convention for abbreviation and one contributor to use a different abbreviation.

Last edited by Phil on 03/19/24 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/24 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
USAToday brackets.

I wondered if that could be the case but I'm now thinking she did need to pick Southern California.

Note that Horrow's final four and final include both South Carolina and Southern California. This is also true for Schnell as well. In the case of the latter two they use the convention of spelling out South Carolina and using USC for Southern California.

If there is an editor they wouldn't permit to contribute is to use one convention for abbreviation and one contributor to use a different abbreviation.

You're probably right. I just couldn't believe that she took someone else over South Carolina.

I tried to look at her bracket to see who she has SCal losing to, but it wants me to disable my adblocker. I have a subscription and I don't think that I should have to do that, so I have a message out to support.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 03/19/24 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Phil wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
USAToday brackets.

If there is an editor they wouldn't permit to contribute is to use one convention for abbreviation and one contributor to use a different abbreviation.

You're probably right. I just couldn't believe that she took someone else over South Carolina.

I tried to look at her bracket to see who she has SCal losing to, but it wants me to disable my adblocker. I have a subscription and I don't think that I should have to do that, so I have a message out to support.

She has South Carolina losing to Notre Dame; and USC beating Texas in the title game. Oh history would be so proud to see Texas and USC in the title game.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/24 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Phil wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
USAToday brackets.

She has South Carolina losing to Notre Dame; and USC beating Texas in the title game. Oh history would be so proud to see Texas and USC in the title game.

You were able to get in? Do you have a subscription or did you disable your adblocker? Or were you just lucky?

Thanks for the info. Does she realize that South Carolina beat ND by ~30 the first game? I know that ND is way better now, but, WOW!

Phil

PostPosted: 03/19/24 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Phil wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
USAToday brackets.

You were able to get in? Do you have a subscription or did you disable your adblocker? Or were you just lucky?

Thanks for the info. Does she realize that South Carolina beat ND by ~30 the first game? I know that ND is way better now, but, WOW!

I was able to see it, but I see others have answered. I don't believe I have a subscription or an adblocker

linkster

PostPosted: 03/19/24 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been seeing a lot of those AD blocker boxes and if you look closely, in tiny script, there is often somethings like "proceed to the site without ... Click it and the box goes away.

If SCar wins then the line of people who can congratulate them selves would fill every arena in the country. The madia type who picks a dark horse team and ends up being correct has something fairly unique to brag about.

The only possible dark cloud I see over SCar is the pressure of an un-defeated season. The fact that they needed a miracle to win a recent game hints of pressure. Winning streaks can become very distracting at a time when you need focus.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/19/24 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DP

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/19/24 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of those AD blocker boxes and if you look closely, in tiny script, there is often somethings like "proceed to the site without ... Click it and the box goes away.

Yeah, I've seen those too. There's one that I come across regularly that I'm sometimes able to disable and sometimes it doesn't give me that option. I just refresh my browser a few time and it goes away. Wink

USA Today doesn't give me that option. t only let's me login or contact them.
The page shows that I'm already logged in. I haven't received a reply to contacting them this morning.

They'd better get it fixed or at least tell me why I should keep paying for a subscription!!!! Very Happy

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/20/24 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obama's picks.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2024/03/19/barack-obama-bracket-march-madness/73022209007/

ciel

PostPosted: 03/20/24 8:44 pm    ::: POTUS and VPOTUS 2024 Brackets Reply Reply with quote

President Biden's bracket
https://www.instagram.com/p/C4vtk6ZOGJO/?img_index=1

Vice-President Harris's bracket
https://twitter.com/VP/status/1770472463018709080/photo/2

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/21/24 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crazy folks literally think UCONN will get far enough to defeat USC Lol ...USC is head and shoulders better than the huskies im sorry , Paige is great JuJu is Great but USC as a team is 10 times better than UCONN as a team sorry. UCONN has edwards and shes a dog but USC has forbes , Marshall , Padilla and even some bench players who can fill it up. I hope this matchup happens but ill wait til after UCONN vs Syracuse before i start Salivating Lol

PostPosted: 03/23/24 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody take a look at the celebrity brackets on ESPN???

Some of these people really suck at bracket picking. People that I wouldn't have expected to be this bad, are bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: