RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#2 Louisiana St vs #1 South Carolina - 3/10/24
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 03/13/24 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

MULKEY: "It's ugly, it's not good, no one wants to be a part of that, no one wants to see that ugliness" she said. "But I'll tell you this, I wish she would've pushed Angel Reese. If you're 6-8 [6-7], don't push somebody that little. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls who were jawing, let them go at it."

This pisses me off. Flaujae committed a dirty foul, then pushed Kamilla's teammate in front of her. Kamilla pushed her back - defending her teammate. Not saying what Kamilla did was right, just that she didn't "choose" which player to push - it was the player who'd just pushed her teammate. Kimmie needs to shut her trap and control her own players. Her team got outplayed.

There was nothing dirty about the foul that Flaujae committed. She grabbed the back of Fulwiley's jersey in order to prevent a break away layup. She didn't spin her around or anything. She released her grip after the foul was called. It was a dumb foul because South Carolina would have gotten two shots and the ball, so it would have been better if she had had allowed her to get the breakaway layup.

Then she made the situation worse by pushing Watkins. That probably would have resulted in 2 more fouls for the Gamecocks. But Watkins got in her face and was taunting her, so she's not exactly innocent here. Then Cardoso reacted to the push on Watkins by knocking Flaujae on her ass. Clear foul and ejection. It also made it so not only did South Carolina get the ball after the Fulwiley's FT's, but LSU was awarded 2 foul shots. Pretty stupid play by Cardoso.

But the initial foul by Flaujae wasn't dirty.

jap

PostPosted: 03/13/24 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Good article.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2024/03/kim-mulkey-lsu-south-carolina-scuffle

Well, clearly this writer has chosen a side. Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/13/24 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

MULKEY: "It's ugly, it's not good, no one wants to be a part of that, no one wants to see that ugliness" she said. "But I'll tell you this, I wish she would've pushed Angel Reese. If you're 6-8 [6-7], don't push somebody that little. That was uncalled for in my opinion. Let those two girls who were jawing, let them go at it."

This pisses me off. Flaujae committed a dirty foul, then pushed Kamilla's teammate in front of her. Kamilla pushed her back - defending her teammate. Not saying what Kamilla did was right, just that she didn't "choose" which player to push - it was the player who'd just pushed her teammate. Kimmie needs to shut her trap and control her own players. Her team got outplayed.

There was nothing dirty about the foul that Flaujae committed. She grabbed the back of Fulwiley's jersey in order to prevent a break away layup. She didn't spin her around or anything. She released her grip after the foul was called. It was a dumb foul because South Carolina would have gotten two shots and the ball, so it would have been better if she had had allowed her to get the breakaway layup.

Then she made the situation worse by pushing Watkins. That probably would have resulted in 2 more fouls for the Gamecocks. But Watkins got in her face and was taunting her, so she's not exactly innocent here. Then Cardoso reacted to the push on Watkins by knocking Flaujae on her ass. Clear foul and ejection. It also made it so not only did South Carolina get the ball after the Fulwiley's FT's, but LSU was awarded 2 foul shots. Pretty stupid play by Cardoso.

Grabbing the back of someone's jersey isn't dirty? I beg to disagree with you. "Holding" is considered relatively dirty in the NFL even.

PostPosted: 03/13/24 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

Grabbing the back of someone's jersey isn't dirty? I beg to disagree with you. "Holding" is considered relatively dirty in the NFL even.

Holding in the NFL is dirty? I never thought that. Sure, it's against the rules and is a penalty, but I never thought of it as dirty. Grabbing someone's hair or facemask is dirty. Hitting someone with the crown of the helmet is dirty. But not holding.

I could be wrong, but I thought that grabbed the jersey to prevent the fast break layup and she held on to it because she wanted to make sure they called a foul. I think dirty plays are either more furtive and/or something that could injure a player. So by my definition her play wasn't dirty. What do you think made the play dirty? (And I realize that your definition of a dirty play may be quite different than mine.)

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/13/24 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

Holding in the NFL is dirty? I never thought that. Sure, it's against the rules and is a penalty, but I never thought of it as dirty. Grabbing someone's hair or facemask is dirty. Hitting someone with the crown of the helmet is dirty. But not holding.

I could be wrong, but I thought that grabbed the jersey to prevent the fast break layup and she held on to it because she wanted to make sure they called a foul. I think dirty plays are either more furtive and/or something that could injure a player. So by my definition her play wasn't dirty. What do you think made the play dirty? (And I realize that your definition of a dirty play may be quite different than mine.)

Grabbing onto a jersey could cause another player to fall, so yeah, it's durty play. The fact that it didn't, in this particular case, doesn't make it any less dirty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: