RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

TCU forfieting games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/17/24 3:20 pm    ::: TCU forfieting games Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39329337/tcu-women-basketball-cancels-2-games-due-player-shortage

Quote:
TCU's next two games have been canceled because the team does not have enough available players, the Big 12 announced Wednesday.

The Horned Frogs (14-4, 1-4 Big 12) were scheduled to play at No. 7 Kansas State on Wednesday night and at No. 24 Iowa State on Saturday.

The conference did not disclose the reason for TCU's player shortage. Under conference rules, a school unable to field a team will forfeit the contest if no extraordinary circumstances exist.

Shocked

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/18/24 2:06 pm    ::: Re: TCU forfieting games Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39329337/tcu-women-basketball-cancels-2-games-due-player-shortage

Quote:
TCU's next two games have been canceled because the team does not have enough available players, the Big 12 announced Wednesday.

The Horned Frogs (14-4, 1-4 Big 12) were scheduled to play at No. 7 Kansas State on Wednesday night and at No. 24 Iowa State on Saturday.

The conference did not disclose the reason for TCU's player shortage. Under conference rules, a school unable to field a team will forfeit the contest if no extraordinary circumstances exist.

Shocked

According to a post on Threads, they were holding tryouts for walk-ons. The reason for the player shortage was cited as "illness and injury". Gotta feel sorry for them, they seemed to be starting to emerge. Sad

PostPosted: 01/18/24 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TCU lists 14 players on their roster. I’d think you could still field a team even if you were down to 8 players. Arizona did against Oregon State and Oregon last weekend. So they must have 7 or more players unavailable. Tough times in Ft Worth.

PostPosted: 01/18/24 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://fwtx.com/news/bad-luck-puts-full-court-press-on-tcu-women-s-basketball-tea/

more deets; the relevant math that brought them from 14 to 6 is included in the article

PostPosted: 01/18/24 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oy. As the saying goes, when it rains, it pours. Sounds like Noah's flood down there!

PostPosted: 01/18/24 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm all for emulating UConn's success, but I'm not sure they're taking the proper lesson from Storrs

PostPosted: 01/20/24 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New coach Mark Campbell is certainly feeling a bit hexed, no doubt. Is he running into shit, or bringing it with him?? Shocked Sacto State is in a nosedive since he left. I believe he held a ton of credit for bringing in the Sabrina/Satou/Ruthie class to Oregon - great recruiting chops. And now, Oregon's struggling, having lost beaucoup players to the portal.

(...and they keep popping up - I forgot Bigby, who's starting for USC, had been a Duck. Added to the long list of former Ducks/current starters for TCU, Indiana, Kentucky, UCLA, Notre Dame, Nebraska, and South Carolina - Kelly's lost a shit-ton o' talent)

Mark will pull it together ulitmately. I do hope Sedona can get back into it this year - she's missed so many seasons to injury, and this season is her very last to be had.

PostPosted: 01/21/24 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
New coach Mark Campbell is certainly feeling a bit hexed, no doubt. Is he running into shit, or bringing it with him?? Shocked Sacto State is in a nosedive since he left. I believe he held a ton of credit for bringing in the Sabrina/Satou/Ruthie class to Oregon - great recruiting chops. And now, Oregon's struggling, having lost beaucoup players to the portal.

(...and they keep popping up - I forgot Bigby, who's starting for USC, had been a Duck. Added to the long list of former Ducks/current starters for TCU, Indiana, Kentucky, UCLA, Notre Dame, Nebraska, and South Carolina - Kelly's lost a shit-ton o' talent)

Mark will pull it together ulitmately. I do hope Sedona can get back into it this year - she's missed so many seasons to injury, and this season is her very last to be had.

Sedona is only supposed to be out for 4 weeks, so she should be back by the end of the season. It's the rest of the team he puts together that you need to worry about!

PostPosted: 01/24/24 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TCU got their 7th player, a preferred walk-on, Sarah Sylvester, who also plays volleyball and played basketball in HS. So I guess, barriing further injury, they are good to go again,

PostPosted: 01/25/24 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Correction: they have four walk-ons, but only Sarah Sylvester has played, and she has seen limited minutes.

PostPosted: 02/02/24 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next up, Western Michigan.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39444515/central-michigan-forfeits-vs-kent-state-lack-players

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: