RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#20 Creighton @ #19 Marquette - 12/13/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/13/23 6:14 am    ::: #20 Creighton @ #19 Marquette - 12/13/23 Reply Reply with quote

Milwaukee, WI - 8:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://flosports.link/3QcZ3TY (sub)

Live stats:
https://gomarquette.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/13/23 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An unusual mid final weeks game for Marquette - at least it’s a home game I guess. This is a big game as they open league play. I highly suggest MU not fall behind 11-0 like they did last game out đŸ˜€.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/13/23 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you going to the game, M-fan? Either way, good luck. Cool

PostPosted: 12/13/23 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Are you going to the game, M-fan? Either way, good luck. Cool

Yes I’m able to make this game and will be up near the last row pacing if it ends up a close game đŸ˜€. And thanks.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/13/23 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same old Marquette - they were up 30-19 at one point but now it’s tied at 36 at halftime.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/13/23 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
be up near the last row pacing if it ends up a close game đŸ˜€. And thanks.

Don't pace TOO hard....deep breaths! Laughing

Ronsiek and Karlen are both lighting it up! Cool

PostPosted: 12/13/23 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
be up near the last row pacing if it ends up a close game đŸ˜€. And thanks.

Don't pace TOO hard....deep breaths! Laughing

Ronsiek and Karlen are both lighting it up! Cool

Oh yeah this was most definitely a pacing game Smile. I guess that's one advantage of the small crowds at the games - plenty of room to pace in the upper part of the second deck and can still see well from there.

So MU got blown out twice by Creighton last season and nice to see them take care of business 76-70 tonight to move to a program best 10-0 on the season. And they get to stay alone in first place in the BE until Saturday when the next BE game is played Smile .

A couple cool stats from the MU recap:

It was a 66-66 game with 3:31 to go in the fourth quarter before MU went on a 10-4 run the rest of the way to get the victory. Seniors Liza Karlen, Jordan King, and Rose Nkumu combined for 18 of MU's 22 points in the final ten minutes.

The Golden Eagles shot 72.7 percent from the field in the fourth quarter, a season-best percentage in the final ten minutes.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/14/23 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats - glad it went well for ya. I haven't seen Marquette play yet, but I've seen Creighton, and I know they're pretty awesome this season, so it's clearly a nice win for the resume!

PostPosted: 12/14/23 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Congrats - glad it went well for ya. I haven't seen Marquette play yet, but I've seen Creighton, and I know they're pretty awesome this season, so it's clearly a nice win for the resume!

Thanks. I'm generally pessimistic and still not totally sold on the strength of their scheduel this season so not sure what to think now Smile. But I am sure happy after tonight's win and I won't complain about a 10-0 start Smile.

A friend tonight pointed out after the game that Creighton is undefeated against all teams not from Wisconsin Smile as their two losses have come to teams from WI - at home to UW-Green Bay and on the road at Marquette tonight.

And speaking of that, Marquette isn't playing any of the state schools this season which is a bit unusual. I think Wisconsin doesn't want to play MU - they haven't played since Dec 2017 but almost ended up playing in a tournament this season. But MU has played off and on with UW-Green Bay on a two year series basis and usually play UW-Milwaukee most seasons so it's odd to see no state schools on the schedule.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 12/14/23 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liza Karlen has been really impressive so far this season. Her numbers are way up across the board, including her shooting percentages.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: