RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Draft Lottery - December 10
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 4006



Back to top
PostPosted: 10/31/23 2:33 pm    ::: Draft Lottery - December 10 Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/38787795/wnba-draft-lottery-set-dec-10

Imagine all the heads that are gonna explode when my Sparks get the number one pick...

We're coming for you Aces.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 12443
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/31/23 4:25 pm    ::: Re: Draft Lottery Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/38787795/wnba-draft-lottery-set-dec-10

Imagine all the heads that are gonna explode when my Sparks get the number one pick...

We're coming for you Aces.


Sub sparks for Merc and the heads explode still Laughing Laughing

The real tea is Imagine BBC not declaring....#PlotTwist Razz Razz



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 66700
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/31/23 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect the Sparks to win every time they're in the lottery



_________________
Let us not deceive ourselves. Our educational institutions have proven to be no bastions of democracy.
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 4006



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/01/23 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I expect the Sparks to win every time they're in the lottery


As they should.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 16333
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/01/23 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All lottery teams but one have received not just multiple No. 1 picks, but multiple sure-fire Olympic player guarantee a championship No. 1 picks.

Which team should get No. 1 this year is pretty obvious.


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 4006



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/01/23 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
All lottery teams but one have received not just multiple No. 1 picks, but multiple sure-fire Olympic player guarantee a championship No. 1 picks.

Which team should get No. 1 this year is pretty obvious.


LA should get the pick. The league needs a real threat to the evil Aces. We killed one evil dynasty over 20 years ago, time to do it again. Laughing Razz


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 12443
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/01/23 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
All lottery teams but one have received not just multiple No. 1 picks, but multiple sure-fire Olympic player guarantee a championship No. 1 picks.

Which team should get No. 1 this year is pretty obvious.


LA should get the pick. The league needs a real threat to the evil Aces. We killed one evil dynasty over 20 years ago, time to do it again. Laughing Razz

After they won 4 titles and lost the 4 Time Finals MVP.....If we are speaking of the same thing factually it was Utah who ended them....



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 4006



Back to top
PostPosted: 11/01/23 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Spark4Life wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
All lottery teams but one have received not just multiple No. 1 picks, but multiple sure-fire Olympic player guarantee a championship No. 1 picks.

Which team should get No. 1 this year is pretty obvious.


LA should get the pick. The league needs a real threat to the evil Aces. We killed one evil dynasty over 20 years ago, time to do it again. Laughing Razz

After they won 4 titles and lost the 4 Time Finals MVP.....If we are speaking of the same thing factually it was Utah who ended them....


No, Sparks did. First time Houston was ever eliminated was by LA on Lisa Leslie court. August 20th 2001, one of the best days ever. I was there, Staples was rocking and rolling! Swept and eliminated at Staples Center in the first round. Utah ended their season in 2002.


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 6847
Location: Home


Back to top
PostPosted: 11/03/23 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I expect the Sparks to win every time they're in the lottery


+1


Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 21873



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/05/23 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FWIW, WNBA.com's lottery page:
https://www.wnba.com/news/draft-lottery-2024-announcement




_________________
Thanks for calling. I wait all night for calls like these.
Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 4006



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/23 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My gut is telling me that my Sparks are gonna win the lottery..

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17994
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/23 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"In the drawing, 14 balls numbered 1-14 will be placed in a lottery machine and mixed. Four balls will be drawn to determine a four-digit combination."

How do you guarantee a 4-digit combination with 4 balls if some of the balls have 2-digit numbers?



_________________
When I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails.
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 21873



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/23 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
"In the drawing, 14 balls numbered 1-14 will be placed in a lottery machine and mixed. Four balls will be drawn to determine a four-digit combination."

How do you guarantee a 4-digit combination with 4 balls if some of the balls have 2-digit numbers?

Yeah, that is very poorly worded.

4 balls will be drawn and then, like a regular lottery, whichever team has those 4 numbers on their ticket will be the winner.
Using the formula for nCr, there are actually 1,001 possible combinations when you draw 4 balls from a pool of 14, when the order does not matter.

I'm not sure what they do with the 1,001st combination, since they always refer to it as 1,000 combinations. Do they re-draw if the result is 11,12,13,14, or are there really 1,001 combinations but they want to "keep it simple" for us?
Or is the combination designated as the 1,001st one kept a secret and assigned to Los Angeles?



_________________
Thanks for calling. I wait all night for calls like these.
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 24315
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/23 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, 1,000 assigned and one is just a re-draw, I believe. I think I've read that or been told it at some point over the years (and I think the odd one out is 11/12/13/14 but not certain on that either). They often have to re-draw anyway because there's a pretty good chance of getting the same team twice.

I have no idea why these are the numbers they've decided to go with, or why someone decided on those 442/276/178/104 splits for the teams. There are various stories floating around from Zach Lowe about being in the room for the NBA draws if anyone wants more info on that.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Luuuc
#NATC


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 21873



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/23 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They should hold a lottery for who gets the 1,001st combination instead of just discarding it.
Give everyone a chance in that lottery - even the reigning champs. Vegas can have combination No. 1,001 in the lottery balls lottery, so they still have a 1 / 1,002,001 shot at getting the #1 pick.



_________________
Thanks for calling. I wait all night for calls like these.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 66700
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/06/23 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 1000 combinations allows them to change the percentages without having to create a whole new set of balls or doing more complicated math. Balls numbered 1-14 get you extremely close to that, just one extra combo, which is why they use that number of balls.



_________________
Let us not deceive ourselves. Our educational institutions have proven to be no bastions of democracy.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17994
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/07/23 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Combination 1001 lets Englebert decide who should be the #1 overall pick and what team that player should play for by imperial fiat. Razz



_________________
When I want your opinion, I'll read it in your entrails.
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 10454
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't know who to root for in this one... Getting or not getting the #1 Pick could cause some trades, retirements, early/late draft entries... Go Seattle? Razz Cool







_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 12443
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Idc what the top 4 do im all in for Jacey Sheldon at #5 crazy pick or not she gives our team more than what we’re missing and yes I think she will be a better pro than Marina mabrey periodt.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 12443
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Don't know who to root for in this one... Getting or not getting the #1 Pick could cause some trades, retirements, early/late draft entries... Go Seattle? Razz Cool






If Seattle gets #1 and nobody declares that speaks a lot same for Indiana. Most folks believe that LA or PHX getting number.1 would be better for the future of the league let’s find out .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 12443
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

M.A.’s mock is going to blow up they’re face so bad come April I can’t wait. Sorry not sorry they favor certain players as well as write stories only about certain players won’t say the race thought . Just know we know they.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 12443
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh damn Indiana and LA both with a chance at #1 this has to make Paige’s eyes shimmer at #2



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
johnjohnW



Joined: 11 Aug 2020
Posts: 1820



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love how Voepel’s mock draft uses old school logos for PHX and NYL.


Spark4Life



Joined: 05 Mar 2009
Posts: 4006



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#2 pick. Love it. 💜💛


Hoops9092



Joined: 04 Nov 2008
Posts: 1625



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting.

So it looks like Clark to Indiana.

Bueckers to LA? Or do we think LA takes Brink.

Brink to Phoenix if not.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin