someone else
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 37

BamaEd

PostPosted: 10/16/23 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Becky Hammon blames herself for A'ja Wilson not receiving MVP

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2023/10/13/aces-becky-hammon-blames-herself-for-aja-wilson-not-receiving-mvp/

Code:
“If I would have played her as many minutes, she would’ve averaged 28 and 13. And that’s all anybody in here would’ve been talking about, but she got screwed because her coach didn’t play her in fourth quarters.”

Wow, I totally missed that she gave this quote. That is quite a bit of shade there.

But in the end, while MVP is a very coveted and prestigious award, this year it wasn't clear cut who should have won. All 3 players were very deserving to win it, so I don't like how some may think it's disrespect or stat padding (which you did some during the season Becky, come on) that their player didn't win. It was close in voting and they were close in overall criteria.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/16/23 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
What kind of Monday Morning Quarterback-assed comment is this? Did you even bother to check the date on the link? You do understand that Hammon made those comments coming off a game where A'ja put up 26 and 15 in the Finals, right?

Yeah, and a game where the 2nd/3rd options put up 24/23 points respectively and the best pg in the league added 14p/11a/6r in a 28-point blowout....It's not as if Aja had to carry the Aces to a victory........... Gray's performance is what stood out to me in game 2.

The point is that you weren't talking this noise after Game 2, which is when Hammon made the comment. You waited until A'ja had a subpar game to give your li'l hot take. That's a sucker move.

All I said is that "Aja did not look like the MVP"...I was a taking shot at Hammon for her post-game comments, not Aja...I didn't see/hear Hammon's comments until the game 3 pregame... That is why I made no mention of them after game 2...I've said many times before that any one of the big 3 could've won MVP.....I also said Aja is arguably the best player in the world.

While the timing might have been better, I agree with zune. After games 1 & 2, it was ALL about the Aces three guards on offense and defense stomping the Liberty guards. All three Aces guards in the running for Finals MVP. Liberty will have just JJ representing them on the Finals team. After game 3, the story is still about the Aces guards - only now it's about reduced chance of Aces winning due to absence of 2022 Finals MVP guard Chelsea Gray.

I agree that right now Aja is the best player in the world, but MVP is the most valuable player to a team and this season, Aja had three teammates as strong contenders.

It is hard/impossible for a PG to win MVP since it's so numbers oriented, while the PG's job is to set up her teammates. Number of assists somewhat captures, but not close to completely. A PG like Chelsea makes sure every player on the floor is exactly placed to run a play and if anyone isn't cutting right or setting a pick right, she lets them know. Plus there's the fact she can execute passes that nobody else even sees, which almost all the time leads to an easy bucket.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/16/23 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
What kind of Monday Morning Quarterback-assed comment is this? Did you even bother to check the date on the link? You do understand that Hammon made those comments coming off a game where A'ja put up 26 and 15 in the Finals, right?

Yeah, and a game where the 2nd/3rd options put up 24/23 points respectively and the best pg in the league added 14p/11a/6r in a 28-point blowout....It's not as if Aja had to carry the Aces to a victory........... Gray's performance is what stood out to me in game 2.

The point is that you weren't talking this noise after Game 2, which is when Hammon made the comment. You waited until A'ja had a subpar game to give your li'l hot take. That's a sucker move.

All I said is that "Aja did not look like the MVP"...I was a taking shot at Hammon for her post-game comments, not Aja...I didn't see/hear Hammon's comments until the game 3 pregame... That is why I made no mention of them after game 2...I've said many times before that any one of the big 3 could've won MVP.....I also said Aja is arguably the best player in the world.

While the timing might have been better, I agree with zune. After games 1 & 2, it was ALL about the Aces three guards on offense and defense stomping the Liberty guards. All three Aces guards in the running for Finals MVP. Liberty will have just JJ representing them on the Finals team. After game 3, the story is still about the Aces guards - only now it's about reduced chance of Aces winning due to absence of 2022 Finals MVP guard Chelsea Gray.

I agree that right now Aja is the best player in the world, but MVP is the most valuable player to a team and this season, Aja had three teammates as strong contenders.

It is hard/impossible for a PG to win MVP since it's so numbers oriented, while the PG's job is to set up her teammates. Number of assists somewhat captures, but not close to completely. A PG like Chelsea makes sure every player on the floor is exactly placed to run a play and if anyone isn't cutting right or setting a pick right, she lets them know. Plus there's the fact she can execute passes that nobody else even sees, which almost all the time leads to an easy bucket.

I disagree , the Aces 3 guards were who they normally are. Everyone knows the primary scout is to stop Aja and she's still dominating against 2 former MVP's down there . If anything its the lack of NY's Guard play and Stewie's strange shooting % that was the main topic and focused on that fired this ammuniation towards aja after game 3's loss.

PostPosted: 10/16/23 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

I disagree , the Aces 3 guards were who they normally are. Everyone knows the primary scout is to stop Aja and she's still dominating against 2 former MVP's down there . If anything its the lack of NY's Guard play and Stewie's strange shooting % that was the main topic and focused on that fired this ammunition towards aja after game 3's loss.

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Please tell me more about how Wilson can't be the MVP because Chelsea Gray is too good and important

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Please tell me more about how Wilson can't be the MVP because Chelsea Gray is too good and important

__________XXXX!!!!

Yesssssss you been waiting on that one and so have I Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/18/23 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
👏🏿

PostPosted: 10/18/23 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Ummmmmmm. 😂

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/20/23 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't have been the only one imagining the Sun pulling a movie-style heist to get that trophy to the person who actually got the most first place votes instead of the person it was given to.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: