RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Storm @ Sparks - 6/03/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scullyfu

PostPosted: 06/04/23 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go to this site https://www.ionwnba.com

they identify the status of all the games on ION…National, regional, local.

PostPosted: 06/04/23 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Go to this site https://www.ionwnba.com

they identify the status of all the games on ION…National, regional, local.

Great find!

They (presumably ION) made a new domain name just for ION WNBA games!?

Last edited by tfan on 06/04/23 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/04/23 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
The Prime games are not considered "national" games, but they are exclusive to Prime Video, nonetheless.

Ugh...so confusing!!!!

So how many national/exclusive* services are showing games?

ESPN/ABC
ION
CBSSN
NBA Network
Prime*

More?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 06/04/23 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that Twitter and Facebook may have some exclusivity deal, as well.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/04/23 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I think that Twitter and Facebook may have some exclusivity deal, as well.

So basically LP is just a DVR service.

SMH.

Thanks for all of the info. It's helped me understand a lot.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 06/04/23 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LP always has been a DVR service. Since you pay for the subscription (or get a code from your team), you don't have to program it. It's cheap in comparison to other streaming services - you're just limited to WNBA programming.

Previously, you could only watch the current year. But during the pandemic, they added the ability to watch games dating back to the 2015 season. Then they also increased the price. The video quality has improved. I think they had the fast forward/rewind option before, but it's gone. And you can only slow down a video - not speed it up as you can with YTTV.

It's unfortunate that fewer games are now live with the multitude of local and national contracts. But you have the option of going back to watch whenever. For the current year, you find games under "Run It Back". There are also 10-minute recaps of game highlights and other features.

YTTV you can just program it to record all WNBA games; you don't know which feed you are going to get until you watch! Other league shows have to be programmed separately (e.g., pre-game shows and All Star Weekend contests). The DVR stores all your (unlimited) items for 9 months; no download option.

PostPosted: 06/04/23 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
So basically LP is just a DVR service.

SMH.

If you only care about your local team, League Pass is probably a waste of money. LP is for the benefit of people who like to watch multiple games a night and/or follow a team that is outside of their local market. For as many games that are classified as "national" games for the purposes of availability, there are still a significant number of WNBA games that would otherwise only be available on an RSN.

That being said, if you're a fan of one of the two "superteams," you probably wasted your money on League Pass, because those games are going to be all over the national schedule. Like, you know who LP is really worth the money for? Fever fans who don't live in Indiana, Wings fans who don't live in Texas, Dream fans who don't live in Georgia, Sparks fans who don't live in Southern California. If you're, say, an Aces fan, and you paid for League Pass, but you don't care about any other team, you might as well have lit your 25 bucks on fire, because LP is only going to let you see, like, five games the rest of the year, that you wouldn't have been able to see otherwise.

Ironically, LP is of the greatest benefit to someone who doesn't have a team, but rather just likes to watch as many games as they can. Like, say, your favorite Hater.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: