RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fever @ Dream - 5/28/23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/28/23 9:15 am    ::: Fever @ Dream - 5/28/23 Reply Reply with quote

Gateway Center Arena @ College Park Atlanta, GA - 3PM ET
TV: NBA TV, Bally Sports Southeast, Facebook

Game Page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/1022300018/IND-vs-ATL

Last edited by Luuuc on 05/29/23 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/28/23 2:23 pm    ::: Re: Fever @ Dream - 5/28/23 Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

Game Page:

Oh, with the stupid TV contracts. 8 hrs from Atlanta and can't watch this game on NBATV. These wide blackouts are the opposite of growing the game.

~rAf
DTP

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wallace has been their best guard on the floor today and Sides goes away from her in crunch time for VV....

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude on the baseline is the one that called the foul.

It can't be that he saw the hand brush against her back.

I'd say no foul.

Good. I would like to see the W (and other leagues and rest of NCAA) go to independent, off-site, review officials. They are doing it in the Women's College World Series.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am surprised they overturned that foul call on Indiana. Mitchell did touch Gray on the back as LaChina pointed out. And she noted the officials can't tell how hard it was so they have to call any contact. I assume they reversed it because the video showed the contact was light and brief and allpwed them to overrule the "no touch" rule or policy. But still no reason for the hand to have been on Gray's back.

Indiana needed that reversal to win and save themselves from setting a new WNBA consecutive loss streak.

tfan

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Game Page:

Oh, with the stupid TV contracts. 8 hrs from Atlanta and can't watch this game on NBATV. These wide blackouts are the opposite of growing the game.

There were rumors that Tina Charles was going to be at the game so it became an issue for the Biden administration's online hate speech committee and they requested the league and the network act with an abundance of caution.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I am surprised they overturned that foul call on Indiana. Mitchell did touch Gray on the back as LaChina pointed out. And she noted the officials can't tell how hard it was so they have to call any contact. I assume they reversed it because the video showed the contact was light and brief and allpwed them to overrule the "no touch" rule or policy. But still no reason for the hand to have been on Gray's back.

Indiana needed that reversal to win and save themselves from setting a new WNBA consecutive loss streak.

I'm not surprised. That isn't the contact that he thought he saw. He can't call a foul and if there is a coach's challenge, hope that there is something on some angle, that he couldn't even see, that supports his call.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Game Page:

There were rumors that Tina Charles was going to be at the game so it became an issue for the Biden administration's online hate speech committee and they requested the league and the network act with an abundance of caution.

Huh?

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fever gotta stop fouling shooters. ATL shot 34 free throws to IND 12.

ATL had a TWENTY point advantage from the line. Shocked And lost. Laughing

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/28/23 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The overturned foul was a soft call, but it was a foul and I don't think it should have been overturned.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/28/23 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
The overturned foul was a soft call, but it was a foul and I don't think it should have been overturned.

What part of it was a foul?

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/28/23 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
NYSports56 wrote:

What part of it was a foul?

I thought the body was enough for a foul. I don't think she had established enough position for it to be a clear no-foul.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/28/23 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll take the W. Cool

PostPosted: 05/29/23 4:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-B55pItll7s" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: