Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/17/23 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Anybody else not see Lou on the bench Versus Indiana right now ? I know she’s hurt but cuts haven’t been announced yet . Maybe a post birthday celebration? The team gave an update only on Diamond DeShields did not travel with the team to Indianapolis out of precautionary reasons (knee soreness).

Are you sure it wasn't someone else because they said she didn't make the trip to Indy, she stayed in tha Dub🤔

Someone else ?

Because she wasn't there.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 05/17/23 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="WNBA 09"]
DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Not a very impressive start for the Wings 5 first round picks to play a combined 16 minutes and shoot 20% from 3. Was Hoping for a lot more this season, but today’s game was a letdown. For wanting shooters to open the spread the floor, that is not at all what it looks like they are capable of.

Three players did well. I was impressed by McCowan. She looks like she’s in great shape and very much ready to be a centerpiece of the team. Sabally looked to me to be a bigger presence too- Maybe by design. Burton looked better and more confident. The rest need to kick it into gear.

My cuts: very first- Collier
Dickey
Abbey
Dangerfield (
Quote:
rather have Arike play point
)

Any of those 4 can go.
Siegrist was a gamble. Didn’t see much today.[/quote

Cuts:

Collier
Dickey
Meyers
Robinson

Arike as starting PG....HELL TO THA NAW!!!

Siegrist hasn't even played enough minutes to know anything so I'm holding off on my impression until she actually gets to play meaningful minutes!

It's time for me to begin my hibernation see you in the offseason. Very Happy Laughing Shocked

😆😆😆

pilight

PostPosted: 05/17/23 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings waive Charli Collier and Kalani Brown

PostPosted: 05/17/23 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

The Gojira era has officially ended.

PostPosted: 05/17/23 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

At quick glance, it looks like we are down to two first-rounders (give or take Iliana Rupert showing up at some point) from 2021 still on rosters at the start of their third year.

I know their are a handful of second- and third-rounders bouncing around, but this has to be the worst draft class in league history, right?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/17/23 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

At quick glance, it looks like we are down to two first-rounders (give or take Iliana Rupert showing up at some point) from 2021 still on rosters at the start of their third year.

I know their are a handful of second- and third-rounders bouncing around, but this has to be the worst draft class in league history, right?

There are only seven players from that draft still on rosters, eight if you count Rupert. Three are still with the team that drafted them.

PostPosted: 05/19/23 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any fans plan on coming tomorrow afternoon for the home opener feel free to come see me in Section 103 Row B Seat 1 Cool Cool

PostPosted: 06/07/23 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings sign Odyssey Sims to a Hardship Contract

PostPosted: 06/07/23 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Wings sign Odyssey Sims to a Hardship Contract

A"rest of the season" Hardship contract? Can someone explain. I am probably naive on this but I thought Hardship contracts were only good for as long as the player being replaced is out. Does that mean Dangerfield has been diagnosed and is done for the season?

PostPosted: 06/08/23 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Hardship exceptions and rest-of-season contracts explained here and here:
https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1659664269468655616?s=20
https://twitter.com/RichardCohen1/status/1660754934080368640?s=20

PostPosted: 06/11/23 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just a random opinion , But Oddyssey Sims < Veronica Burton .

If and when our full team is healthy (Deshields, Dangerfield , McCowan , LLS)
I’d keep Both brown and sims although they cost more they clearly make our team better than Burton or Kuier. Lopez-Senechal better be as good as advertised at this level because cutting someone who’s proven while she sits hurt collecting a check due to having to play injured for a certain program just does not sit right with me.

PostPosted: 06/11/23 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In this game, Sims was better offensively at key moments, but Burton was better defensively. Also, I have no idea who fucked up, but there was one sequence that ended with Sims and Ogunbowale having a very intense conversation into the timeout. Each of them looked like DT talking to a ref.

PostPosted: 06/11/23 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
In this game, Sims was better offensively at key moments, but Burton was better defensively. Also, I have no idea who fucked up, but there was one sequence that ended with Sims and Ogunbowale having a very intense conversation into the timeout. Each of them looked like DT talking to a ref.

As a vet, Odyssey clearly sees that Arike shoots them out of games as much as she shoots them into games. Until Arike improves efficiency, she will always hold this team back from competing with the best teams.

~rAf
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 06/11/23 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

As a vet, Odyssey clearly sees that Arike shoots them out of games as much as she shoots them into games. Until Arike improves efficiency, she will always hold this team back from competing with the best teams.

Arike takes way too many bad shots. Anytime a short guard has to shoot a contested three point shot over a tall post player, that is a terrible shot. She does this all the time. She has the quickness and ball handling skills to drive closer to the basket for a better quality open middle range shot. She does not do this enough. She loves taking those bad quality long distance shots. That's why her field goal percentage is always very low. Bad shots.

PostPosted: 06/12/23 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Arike takes way too many bad shots. Anytime a short guard has to shoot a contested three point shot over a tall post player, that is a terrible shot. She does this all the time. She has the quickness and ball handling skills to drive closer to the basket for a better quality open middle range shot. She does not do this enough. She loves taking those bad quality long distance shots. That's why her field goal percentage is always very low. Bad shots.

Arike makes more of those bad shots than most players do - and that's what brought her fame. You make one or two of those at the right time and that's your identity. Dallas FO hasn't helped her develop by naming her the franchise player when she shot less than 30%. By the way, she makes more of those shots than anybody else because she shoots a helluva lot more of them. Any way to combine Arike and Courtney Williams - who never saw a mid range shot she didn't like?

Anyway, as a vet, I'm betting that's what is driving Odyssey crazy - that Arike outright refuses to improve her game and the entire team suffers for it. I am FAR from being an Odyssey fan, which goes way back to college. Odyssey and Skylar were crowned the two best PG's in wcbb, while Chelsea was better than either one of them and going underrecognized. To be honest Chelsea's injuries ended up being her limiting factor in college and there was the ever present coach from hell who made a team less than the sum of the parts.

~rAf
tfan

PostPosted: 06/12/23 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I’d keep Both brown and sims although they cost more they clearly make our team better than Burton or Kuier. Lopez-Senechal better be as good as advertised at this level because cutting someone who’s proven while she sits hurt collecting a check due to having to play injured for a certain program just does not sit right with me.

Is Burton better than Sims or worse? It seems like you "say" both. At least I think " Sims < Burton" means Sims is less than Burton.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/13/23 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Is Burton better than Sims or worse? It seems like you "say" both. At least I think " Sims < Burton" means Sims is less than Burton.

I said it backwards lol i hated the alligator eating lesson as kid < vs > but yes Sims is a better fit for out teams starting PG then Dangerfield , Burton is sliding down to 3rd string very quickly . Sims can defend just as better and scores better as well as assists than burton . Turnovers are where burton is prime as she never seems to turn it over much but that's the only positive ive seen in her game this season so far.

PostPosted: 06/13/23 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd start Sims over Burton

Its a crying Sad shame that coach after coach are toooo scared to reign jackshot in. Or at least teach her properly. They can bring whomever they want to this team as long as she is there it will same bs. They're record is the same as last year.

At least Satou is healthy for now and balling.

PostPosted: 06/14/23 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

Its a crying Sad shame that coach after coach are toooo scared to reign jackshot in. Or at least teach her properly. They can bring whomever they want to this team as long as she is there it will same bs. They're record is the same as last year.

Sorry i disagree , and i strongly believe we beat Conn in the playoffs last season with a fully healthy arike . Yes she takes a lot of shots , but there's no player like her on the court you learn to live and die with her shots but one thing we all know that when its winning time she's going to go get a bucket more so than any other player in the league not named Stewie. We are practically missing 3 starters right now with Deshields , McCowan and Dangerfield hurt that’s a lot of points and rebounds on the bench and yet we still lead the league on boards per game .

PostPosted: 06/14/23 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Sorry i disagree , and i strongly believe we beat Conn in the playoffs last season with a fully healthy arike . Yes she takes a lot of shots , but there's no player like her on the court you learn to live and die with her shots but one thing we all know that when its winning time she's going to go get a bucket more so than any other player in the league not named Stewie. We are practically missing 3 starters right now with Deshields , McCowan and Dangerfield hurt that’s a lot of points and rebounds on the bench and yet we still lead the league on boards per game .

Ok. We'll wait and see

PostPosted: 06/15/23 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Ok. We'll wait and see

Yes agreed , i honestly get tired of people not specifically you but everyone of those "You know who fans" coming in here slamming Arike only when we lose , but when we win they are silent . Make it make sense , i get she does not have the best personality to some but the girl is human and she can ball. Yeah she takes questionable shots but when they go in everything is fine and the haters stay silent. As soon as dallas loses regardless if shes scores 40 or 5 she's going to take the blame everytime i guess that's the price you pay when your the franchise player on a max contract.

PostPosted: 06/15/23 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dangerfield cleared to play; Sims released from hardship

PostPosted: 06/19/23 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

So stupid. Release Joens.

Unless they couldn’t. Is the rule that they had to release the hardship player, then the Wings could release Joens, but would run into salary cap issues with Odyssey and the vet min? I am Hoping that the Wings/Bibb are not so stupid that they don’t see what she can bring to the team, but I am not convinced and would like to know that they were handcuffed in the decision they made.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 06/19/23 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Unless they couldn’t. Is the rule that they had to release the hardship player, then the Wings could release Joens, but would run into salary cap issues with Odyssey and the vet min? I am Hoping that the Wings/Bibb are not so stupid that they don’t see what she can bring to the team, but I am not convinced and would like to know that they were handcuffed in the decision they made.

Yes. You have to release the player you signed on a hardship. Sims doesn't go on waivers, she became a UFA immediately. Sims could re-sign with Dallas if they want, but I think she has to wait a certain amount of time (10 days? I think) before allowed.

PostPosted: 06/19/23 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

With they're personal (players and management) this team will be stuck forever it seems

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: