RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Needs it’s own thread - Charlie’s 2023-2024 Way To Early
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridor

PostPosted: 05/05/23 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed. Duke, UNC and Wake Forest are losing many players and Charlie kept Virginia out despite knowing that Virginia added 6 players and lost only 1 to transfer portal and 1 to graduation.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/05/23 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
Agreed. Duke, UNC and Wake Forest are losing many players and Charlie kept Virginia out despite knowing that Virginia added 6 players and lost only 1 to transfer portal and 1 to graduation.

Why would a team that didn't even make the NCAA Tournament be consider one of the top 25 teams in the country going into next season.

njjosh

PostPosted: 05/05/23 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think #3 is too high for Iowa. I think Czinano will be a bigger loss than many realize; will Clark have the same chemistry with the others? But a bigger problem is that Iowa hasn't made nearly the improvements through the transfer portal that the other top teams have made. Is Clark's stardom scaring off other top players who don't want to play in her shadow? Is Iowa that unappealing a place for top players who don't have some other ties there (like Clark does as an Iowa native)? Is Iowa that non-competitive on the NIL front?

Clark is a magnificent player, to be sure. But there is only so much she can do herself.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/05/23 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:
I think #3 is too high for Iowa. I think Czinano will be a bigger loss than many realize; will Clark have the same chemistry with the others? But a bigger problem is that Iowa hasn't made nearly the improvements through the transfer portal that the other top teams have made. Is Clark's stardom scaring off other top players who don't want to play in her shadow? Is Iowa that unappealing a place for top players who don't have some other ties there (like Clark does as an Iowa native)? Is Iowa that non-competitive on the NIL front?

Clark is a magnificent player, to be sure. But there is only so much she can do herself.

I dunno....though there seems to be a shower of meteorites currently landing in places not named Iowa, there IS a lot of time. And as talented as Czinano is/was, she wasn't a spectacular player on her own, either: Clark *made* her
a better/best player, imo. Now, are there any REAL talented, "UndersizedPosts" out there that might just want to be on Clark's team, hoping to be in that same spotlight that Clark currently inhabits?

PostPosted: 05/06/23 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

njjosh wrote:

My question is whether Bluder will learn to coach defense. She hasn't in her 20 or so years at Iowa, and without that their is a ceiling to what Iowa can do. We saw last year that the ceiling can be high, but it is no accident that they gave up more than 100 points in the title game.

linkster

PostPosted: 07/01/23 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
njjosh wrote:

My question is whether Bluder will learn to coach defense. She hasn't in her 20 or so years at Iowa, and without that their is a ceiling to what Iowa can do. We saw last year that the ceiling can be high, but it is no accident that they gave up more than 100 points in the title game.

Iowa burned a lot of adrenaline beating SCar and celebrating the win. And Clark could outscore SCar but not LSU. Good offensive teams score fairly easily against Iowa.

Iowa isn't a FF team but Clark and a flock of shooters and role players will still win a lot of games. And I will be entertained. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: