RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#4 Tennessee vs #1 Virginia Tech - 3/25/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 03/26/23 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I think there must be a divide among age groups with regard to Rebecca/Ryan and how they are perceived. I think they have pretty good chemistry, and I find them to be fine. I’ve gotten a lot of casual fans to tune in during the tournament this year, and they also like the dynamic the two have. I’m not a casual viewer, so I don’t really watch for the play by play or color. It’s also hard to judge because the biases people accuse others of really jump off here. Plus, I’m pretty sure most posters hate every commentator, sideline reporter, studio analyst, etc. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Your last statement is the absolute truth. So many rebkell posters complain about women's sports media so much that I tune them out. If they are not commenting on the game itself I move along and read the next post.

PostPosted: 03/26/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Plus, I’m pretty sure most posters hate every commentator, sideline reporter, studio analyst, etc. 🤷🏼‍♂️

There are numerous complaints about everyone, with the exception of Lobo (and I think Lawson when she did it). She's one of the few, if not the only one, I don't want calling a game and I don't recall seeing anyone else complain about her. I have a theory that the pitch and modulation of the announcer's voice effects Rebkell perception. They seem to want a lower tone with less modulation. I lean the other way. Although there is also a dislike of an announcer talking about anything other than what is being shown on the screen, that I don't share.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/23 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Tally24 wrote:
Plus, I’m pretty sure most posters hate every commentator, sideline reporter, studio analyst, etc. 🤷🏼‍♂️

There are numerous complaints about everyone, with the exception of Lobo (and I think Lawson when she did it). She's one of the few, if not the only one, I don't want calling a game and I don't recall seeing anyone else complain about her. I have a theory that the pitch and modulation of the announcer's voice effects Rebkell perception. They seem to want a lower tone with less modulation. I lean the other way. Although there is also a dislike of an announcer talking about anything other than what is being shown on the screen, that I don't share.

I dislike Lobo primarily because of her homerism, although to be fair, she’s toned that down some in the last couple of years, and her tendency to go off topic. Same with Ryan. With Beth Mowins, it’s her voice, which makes my eardrums positively bleed. I find Antonelli and Peck a lot less offensive than a lot of people seem to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: