RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Louisiana St vs #2 Utah - 3/24/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 03/24/23 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Kim’s assistant coach looked hideous as well. She looks like a Cher wannabe, plus she was wearing some crazy ass pink top with poofy sleeves along with matching pink bell bottom pants with what looked like ruffles & some sort of something’s on the top half of the pants. Bad fashion sense must be a prerequisite to coach at LSU.A Egads! Wish I could find a picture.

Oh, COME ON now, Rebkell Ladeez - Jealousy is NOT becoming you at all! Razz Laughing (I believe there are more posts about fashion than fouls here)

I know. "Over The Top" but....flamingly flamboyant is Kim's thing. Now, her assistant? That's just peculiar. (That gal always reminds me of *Elvira*!)

As for the game: I was personally rooting for the Tigers. I have long held a soft spot in my heart for Kim, weirdness 'n all. And this season, despite all the guff she took for her cupcake slate, The Lady CAN COACH. Cool

Utah: Gotta give 'em credit for a lotta ❤️ I never got to see much of them in action this season, and they were fairly impressive tonight. I hope their vastly improved profile helps them step up to being an elite program on a consistent basis. The Pili kid? I notice the announcers didn't constantly repeat the fact that she's the latest PAC POY, and I can see why. She's just not THAT, in reality. She makes the most of what she's got, physically, but she's limited.

The Tigers are hardly invincible, but they DO have game. Kudos to them, and good luck going forward.

Oh, and one other thing: that pony-tailed ref REALLY blew so many of those foul calls, both ways. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 03/24/23 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like the seeds here should have been reversed. In the post season the intensity goes up which gives a higher value to athleticism than it has in the regular season.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/24/23 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, Howee, I don’t like Kim and never have, going all the way back to her playing days at LA Tech. Her garish outfits and drama queen antics have only gotten worse over the years she’s been a coach. Whether she can coach or not, I think she is a poor example for young women on the way up in coaching.

And now I know exactly who Haley Van Lith reminds me of—-Kim as a player at LA Tech.

PostPosted: 03/24/23 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haters gonna HATE. Kim mixes Gay Pride and KARNIVAL. It’s a spectacle but a welcom relief from the post COVID wear-my-sweats-to-work ensemble (geno?, Nikki C. ).

Tally24

PostPosted: 03/24/23 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For better or worse re Milkey, she has breathed life into the LSU program. In 2019, I bought tickets to a Sunday game against FSU the day of the game. Right behind LSU bench for $25. Now, I am lucky to get a student ticket; if I don't, it's $20 for GA in the 300s and the PMAC is rocking.

It feels really odd to be here bashing the clothes these women are wearing tbh. Kim wears a brand called Queen of Sparkles, made and owned by a local, former LSU grad who started as an engineer. She was one of the first to make flame-resistant clothing specifically designed for women's bodies. Rolling Eyes
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Kim mixes Gay Pride and KARNIVAL

speaking of which: sometimes i wonder, like... if she herself might be... well, idk. i just feel like it could explain some things... is all. but it certainly could just be me.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 03/25/23 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was too good of a game for more than half the posts here to be about fashion.

Utah really messed things up at the end with those free throws. Even if Jenna Johnson had just made one, LSU would have been virtually forced to score on the next possession without the help of their top three offensive options (because prevailing in overtime without those players was extremely unlikely).

I watched teams overplay Aliyah Boston all year long, but that was nothing compared to the way Utah overplayed Angel Reese.

I was rooting for LSU for most of the game because I thought they were on the other side of the bracket. Right at the end they put up the brackets, and I realized I was mistaken! I'd rather UConn didn't have to deal with Angel Reese (should they get by Ohio State), so I started pulling for Utah right before the missed free throws. Sorry about the Midas Touch, Utah fans.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/25/23 4:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jenna and Kim both made USAToday's winners and losers article.

Guess which category they're under.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2023/03/24/miami-kim-mulkey-outfit-sweet-16-winners-losers-march-madness/11539098002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/25/23 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry, and I know I’ll be accused of favoritism, but I much prefer the brand of sparkles worn by coaches like Kyra Elzy and Kellie Harper. They both wear sparkly stuff, but it’s classy, not cartoonish. I always keep an eye out for the jewelry because I am a jewelry designer and their necklaces are amazing, classy and beautiful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: