RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 Notre Dame @ Louisville - 2/26/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 02/26/23 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hated to see that injury for Miles....as they showed the replay, it seemed to be such a practically unnoticeable move that precipitated the injury. Too weird.

I hafta declare myself as an outlier here: I LIKE Jeff, for several reason of varying qualification. 1. He's hot/cute Razz 2. I really like how his coaching mind works - he thinks outside the box. He seems to get the most out of his players, though this year isn't his finest example of it all. I say he's earned his stripes.

PostPosted: 02/27/23 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I LIKE Jeff, for several reason of varying qualification. 1. He's hot/cute Razz

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/27/23 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:
I LIKE Jeff, for several reason of varying qualification. 1. He's hot/cute Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’m with you Stormeo, however I’ll let Howee continue to bask Laughing

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/27/23 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both teams has 15 turnovers.

Amazing.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 02/27/23 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
It's "obvious to my lay eyes" that Miles needs to sit out now and next season. Only a coaching staff that completely disregards their players' futures by bringing them back to win a conference title or even a national title has no business coaching. Miles' future is bigger than NDame's trophy case. Rolling Eyes

See you in the 2025 season Olivia.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy Very Happy

Considering that we don't know the extent of Miles' injury (could be an ACL or some other season ending injury), I'd say this post isn't exactly in the best of taste.

If she was to play in the ACC Tournament, then it would possibly be okay to joke about, but until we know, joking about it is definitely not at a level of class that many UConn fans profess that their fan base has.

And it also falls flat because most ND fans I know would prefer to be safe in making sure Miles gets healthy rather than risk a greater injury to her just for this postseason.

Maybe check out the UConn game thread yesterday where several posters were unnecessarily indicating UConn forces their players to play hurt…and still are in this game thread

From completely classless to ridiculous.

You may recall that I acknowledge that many players want to risk their own future health, i.e. nobody is "forcing" them to play. It's up to the adults, who have more perspective, to insist on not playing players who have no business being on a basketball court. Big difference. Players with knee/foot injuries risk not even being able to walk without pain when playing injured. And do we really need to talk about the dangers of playing with concussive injuries? When a 20 yr old already has a neck injury, then a concussion, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say "this young person is risking having a working brain as an adult by continuing to play before fully healed."

The original post joking about putting Miles back on the floor was completely classless. Completely. Attempting to justify that post because people are criticizing your coach for allowing injured players to play is ridiculous.

I hope everyone is hoping for the best with Olivia Miles and no other UConn fans attempt to grind an axe over it.

Again not justifying, pointing out why it was brought up. Agreed Miles injury was horrible and hoping she is okay. Not okay to joke about that. She is electric. I was very impressed that ND won that game and think Citron is phenomenal.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/27/23 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:
It's "obvious to my lay eyes" that Miles needs to sit out now and next season. Only a coaching staff that completely disregards their players' futures by bringing them back to win a conference title or even a national title has no business coaching. Miles' future is bigger than NDame's trophy case. Rolling Eyes

Considering that we don't know the extent of Miles' injury (could be an ACL or some other season ending injury), I'd say this post isn't exactly in the best of taste.

If she was to play in the ACC Tournament, then it would possibly be okay to joke about, but until we know, joking about it is definitely not at a level of class that many UConn fans profess that their fan base has.

And it also falls flat because most ND fans I know would prefer to be safe in making sure Miles gets healthy rather than risk a greater injury to her just for this postseason.

Maybe check out the UConn game thread yesterday where several posters were unnecessarily indicating UConn forces their players to play hurt…and still are in this game thread

From completely classless to ridiculous.

You may recall that I acknowledge that many players want to risk their own future health, i.e. nobody is "forcing" them to play. It's up to the adults, who have more perspective, to insist on not playing players who have no business being on a basketball court. Big difference. Players with knee/foot injuries risk not even being able to walk without pain when playing injured. And do we really need to talk about the dangers of playing with concussive injuries? When a 20 yr old already has a neck injury, then a concussion, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say "this young person is risking having a working brain as an adult by continuing to play before fully healed."

The original post joking about putting Miles back on the floor was completely classless. Completely. Attempting to justify that post because people are criticizing your coach for allowing injured players to play is ridiculous.

I hope everyone is hoping for the best with Olivia Miles and no other UConn fans attempt to grind an axe over it.

Again not justifying, pointing out why it was brought up. Agreed Miles injury was horrible and hoping she is okay. Not okay to joke about that. She is electric. I was very impressed that ND won that game and think Citron is phenomenal.

Excellent response. Thank you. So glad some classy UConn fans are posting to balance out the ones who have no class and just love to whine.

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/27/23 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heck of a comeback, especially without Miles. Hope the knee's not serious and she's OK for the Conference and National Championship games. I really like Miles game, like most of you, she has a great future. So does Citron.

As an aside, I couldn't believe how much she resembles her father and mother. I realize its a natural thing but put a wig and those goggles on him and you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart. Laughing

Come on children, get off this Notre Dame, UConn nonsense and get a life!

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/27/23 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, who is ND MVP/POY?

Citron or Miles?

Co-MVP/POY?

Did you change your mind after the injury to Miles?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
GEF34

PostPosted: 02/27/23 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
mikeyc22 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:
linkster wrote:

IF ND had put Miles back in, then that would be justified. Calling out a coach for playing a player when they seem injured, especially when that coach has a history of not playing deep into his bench could be seen as actually caring for those players (granted, in certain cases it could also be just attacking the coach as well, and in certain cases in that thread, it was probably what was intended).

However, the kind of post that Linkster made only really applies if there is hypocrisy, with ND playing an injured player and ND fans not speaking up, and in this case there was none. keep in mind that I am someone who earlier in this season was literally saying not to play Nat Marshall too much because I wanted them to ease her back into the game so that she doesn't risk another injury.

Linkster is making fun of a potentially season ending injury. Defending that with "but they said mean things about our coach in another thread" ignores just how bad that type of post is. I mean, making light of a possible season ending injury? Seriously? You're going to try to justify that?

So the medical opinions of people who are just watching games on tv should be far more trusted than the medical opinions of people that actually evaluate the players. And as much as people want to claim he doesn't care about his players, if that were truly the case you wouldn't have former players from previous years including many decades before continuously coming around and supporting him and the program. It is also interesting how people create these public perceptions of people and will live and die by that instead of the reality of what things are.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/27/23 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not one person here knows the actual "medical opinions of people that actually evaluate the players".

So I don't know what your point of comparison actually is.

What we all do see though is a young woman who by all acounts has had a history and recent occurrence of concussions sitting on the bench slumped over with ice on her head then getting up and going in to play when called by her coach which seems to at least raise a question for discussion. A discussion which, like most here, can't actually be resolved with any certainty one way or the other because everyone participating lacks the necessary information.

I don't really see anyone offering "medical opinions" in this thread.

linkster

PostPosted: 02/28/23 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Not one person here knows the actual "medical opinions of people that actually evaluate the players".

What we all do see though is a young woman who by all acounts has had a history and recent occurrence of concussions sitting on the bench slumped over with ice on her head then getting up and going in to play when called by her coach which seems to at least raise a question for discussion. A discussion which, like most here, can't actually be resolved with any certainty one way or the other because everyone participating lacks the necessary information.

Art "the highjacker" Best. My first post here was about Miles and my hopes that she isn't isn't rushed back. That is something that has been posted about other players by you yourself. Suddenly I am being tasteless? And yet, once again, you stray off topic to twist the discussion around to a critique of Geno. Rolling Eyes

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/28/23 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Art "the highjacker" Best. My first post here was about Miles and my hopes that she isn't isn't rushed back. That is something that has been posted about other players by you yourself. Suddenly I am being tasteless? And yet, once again, you stray off topic to twist the discussion around to a critique of Geno. Rolling Eyes

Art and I don't agree on much but I'm with them on this. Linkster, you are being thick headed and entirely too defensive of your idol Geno. You don't seem to even realize when you're being insulting (which is most of the time). It is painfully obvious to most who aren't UConn fans that Ducharme is not well, which has absolutely nothing to do with Olivia Miles' injury (which YOU are the one who made the comparison). Tasteless would be the kindest way I could describe your posts on this subject.

~rAf
RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/01/23 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lou has been playing with a bad ankle and is bruised up.
Ducharme's injuries obviously speak for themselves.
Dorka has been playing on a bad ankle and now re-injured it.
Nika has been wearing a brace on her bad ankle and is banged up.
Edwards has a bad ankle and now a banged up tibia to go along with her bruises.
I, for one, hope Aziz does not come back the rest of the year so she can fully heal.
Paige is the hardest one to control and hopefully she gives the knee time.
These players are burned out.

I like watching UConn play, as well as Notre Dame, Stanford, Indiana, Iowa, Texas, Duke etc.,etc., but I would like to see UConn simply not play in the Big East Tournament and let the players rest and heal. Those girls will play until they cannot walk if permitted. It's just the way they are.

Is winning more important than these players health and maybe careers?
I don't see UConn winning the Big East Tournament or the National Championship.

JMO

linkster

PostPosted: 03/01/23 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
linkster wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Art and I don't agree on much but I'm with them on this. Linkster, you are being thick headed and entirely too defensive of your idol Geno. You don't seem to even realize when you're being insulting (which is most of the time). It is painfully obvious to most who aren't UConn fans that Ducharme is not well, which has absolutely nothing to do with Olivia Miles' injury (which YOU are the one who made the comparison). Tasteless would be the kindest way I could describe your posts on this subject.

You list youself as a mental health professional. How can you possibly support an armchair diagnosis? What professional association do you belong to so I can report you for malpractice?

Geno has stated repeatedly that whether or when an injured player is available is up to the training staff, her doctor(s) and herself. He does not get involved with that decision. That is the reality of this but you want to paint UConn as some sort of abusive program that has built itself into a power while stepping over the corpses of abused players who have been so brainwashed that still love the program.

Go F yourself Mr mental health professional.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: