Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Stewart Tweeted and Instagrammed this morning, scroll up for a link.

What happens to Johannes if Sloot goes to NY?

Johannes becomes the first guard off the bench and still gets a good number of minutes. In 2022 Ionescu averaged 32.3 minutes and Vandersloot 26.5. Right there would be 21 minutes per game for Johannes. But if I were Sandy Brondello I'd reduce Vandersloot's minutes a bit to keep her fresh for the playoffs. Might want to slightly reduce Sabrina's minutes as well.

I am skeptical that Vandersloot is coming to New York, but that's just a guess.

It's Official now . Shes with NYL.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN reporting that Stewart is indeed expected to take less money, leaving room for Sloot.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/35577438/new-york-liberty-sign-star-guard-courtney-vandersloot

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well wow ok

If Seattle doesn’t want to lean into a rebuild I agree they should resign Charles and probably throw a max offer sheet at Mabrey

craigmont

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Well wow ok

If Seattle doesn’t want to lean into a rebuild I agree they should resign Charles and probably throw a max offer sheet at Mabrey

So far we have absolutely no idea what Seattle wants to do.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tough to go into rebuild mode when you have an Olympian in her prime. There's no real way you will get value for Loyd in a trade, but you also run risk of her walking next year for nothing if the team is totally starting over.

I'm a big Loyd fan, but it is hard for me to think you can build a championship contender around her as your top player.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So much for hoping to trade Stewie and get literally anything back. Thanks a lot, ESPN talking heads, for teasing absolutely nothing in the end.

We need to trade Loyd for whatever we can get and just start tf over. Put ourselves in the running for a Caitlin Clark & whoever else. There’s nothing else left to do, and not a whole lot of difference-makers left to sign anyway.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My fear is Seattle waited to late to try and make a trade for Lloyd.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We could’ve handled this whole thing a bit better. We’re gonna have lots of cap space to work with in case anyone wants to dump someone on us between now and the trade deadline though.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
So much for hoping to trade Stewie and get literally anything back. Thanks a lot, ESPN talking heads, for teasing absolutely nothing in the end.

We need to trade Loyd for whatever we can get and just start tf over. Put ourselves in the running for a Caitlin Clark & whoever else. There’s nothing else left to do, and not a whole lot of difference-makers left to sign anyway.

Chicago but beside future picks they don’t have a lot to offer? Picks and Hebard and/or Evans

LA is looking to stay relevant would Carter and future pick work?

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/02/23 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
Well wow ok

So far we have absolutely no idea what Seattle wants to do.

lean into 3x3, which appears to be Force 10's strength? You only need a couple of more signings for that!

PostPosted: 02/02/23 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You'd want to see who ends up declaring for the draft, but Loyd straight up to Minnesota for the No. 2?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/02/23 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
You'd want to see who ends up declaring for the draft, but Loyd straight up to Minnesota for the No. 2?

I’d accept. Though the Lynx have McBride, Powers, and apparently now TMitchell, so they’re probably good on the “scoring wing player” variety and will continue sticking to going for posts & PGs.

canadaball

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Next year, the #2 pick could be an All Star and potential future Olympian....This year not so much. The problem for that genius Seattle front office (u know the ones that wasted $ on Dupree and Lavender) is that getting a 2024 lottery pick for Jewel would be great (assuming the Storm also are in the lottery), Loyd's presence might elevate her new team out of this year's bottom 4, Somehow, based upon current operations (the Storm are in some weird game of reverse musical chairs, where other teams scoop up desirable players, and Seattle will take whoever is left), playing this kind of three dimensional chess might be beyond them.

Last edited by canadaball on 02/02/23 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
craigmont

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I’d accept. Though the Lynx have McBride, Powers, and apparently now TMitchell, so they’re probably good on the “scoring wing player” variety and will continue sticking to going for posts & PGs.

I was thinking something similar- Loyd is special but her "type" - a 2 guard that shoots a lot - is not exactly a rare commodity and not the type of thing a team will trade away their future for.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any 2025 1RP, 2024 1RP, or 2023 Top 8 pick (above what we have now with the #9) – along with anything else anyone would like to throw in – I’d accept. It’s Doom & Gloom SZN.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/02/23 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I guess. But Loyd is a lot better than any of those. A lot better. And in this league you have to have stars. The spare parts don't mean a lot unless you have the stars.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/23 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I guess. But Loyd is a lot better than any of those. A lot better. And in this league you have to have stars. The spare parts don't mean a lot unless you have the stars.

Minny also would probably have to send back one of Powers or McBride to have enough cap space so Loyd for Powers and #2 (I would still do it if I was either team).

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/02/23 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Any 2025 1RP, 2024 1RP, or 2023 Top 8 pick (above what we have now with the #9) – along with anything else anyone would like to throw in – I’d accept. It’s Doom & Gloom SZN.

Well, not for everyone I guess. Jewell Loyd broke her Twitter silence regarding literally anything related to free agency in general, and it was this. Embarassed lmfaooooo

She’s just chillin', cuz she knows she’ll be on her way out soon enough, too. LaughingSad

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/03/23 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hellooooo Nurse! Razz

craigmont

PostPosted: 02/03/23 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're lucky that NYL was a badly run mess for most of Bird's time here. She had multiple chances to go home (with plenty of speculation that she would) but she chose to stay in Seattle.

That's not the case any more.

I, for one, welcome the new superteam overlords of the WNBA. One probable benefit will be a much better TV deal for the league.

canadaball

PostPosted: 02/03/23 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Hellooooo Nurse! Razz

Given what is left in free agent market, seems that Storm are likely to bring on at least one of the quartet of Jordin Canada, Clarenden (if healthy), Maybry and Tiff Hayes.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/03/23 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia Nurse, Arella Guirantes, now it sounds like Sami Whitcomb is in the process of coming back – look at all the Jewell Loyd replacement players we’re collecting lmfao

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 02/03/23 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From a New York Liberty fan: I've never recovered from that game in Seattle years ago which looked like a certain Liberty win until Sami Whitcomb came off the bench for the Storm and hit about 30 three-pointers!

I was delighted when Sami came to New York, loved her play on the court, and from print interviews and videos seems like a great person. I'm sorry we're losing her but wish her great success back in Seattle.

PostPosted: 02/04/23 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ezi is coming back.

https://twitter.com/seattlestorm/status/1621939142887182343?cxt=HHwWjsC8sdPDpIItAAAA

PostPosted: 02/04/23 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

t-god there was no suspense with re-signing our official new foundation piece of the franchise (she used to be our future of the franchise of sorts, but the future is now here…)

i’ll be interested to see if we gave her extra money as a show of good faith in hopes of re-signing her in the future – or even just to tell her she’s gonna be the first option this year if we trade Loyd lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: