2023 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BamaEd

PostPosted: 01/30/23 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Several Instagram posts have said that Clark is going to Vegas.

Oh come the fuck on.

Gotta hand it to Vegas GM for seizing the moment but this is NBA territory. The parity of the W was always one of the things I liked about it but now it's just heading the "jump on the bandwagon" vibe that we see in the NBA. Clark is a role player, so good for her but watching elite stars ring chase is disappointing.

The WNBA never had parity. With a small number of elite players, they have always had a problem with talent pooling on a small number of teams. It just did it by the No. 1 draft pick before instead of by this type of free agency.

I agree with you on that PUmatty. It hasn't been that long since that VAST majority of #1 picks were out west among just a couple of teams. Now, it's just the majority. Heck, it may still be vast. Then people wonder why one conference was much better and much more successful than the other that they had to combine things come playoff time. WNBA has not had parity, but have had to depend on unexpected superstars, team chemistry, and lightning in a bottle to win. Otherwise, it's teams winning with 3 #1 picks in the starting lineup. That ain't parity.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/23 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1620102439952351232?s=20&t=F2wg5p4VWifuq6DUf5KGLA

Quote:
RFA Sophie Cunningham has been in discussions with the Dallas Wings, Connecticut Sun, Los Angeles Sparks, Phoenix Mercury, and a couple of other teams during this free agency period sources tell
@winsidr

PostPosted: 01/30/23 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see which free agents get paid their maximum value and which ones accept a low value compensation for their market worth.🧐

PostPosted: 01/30/23 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Several Instagram posts have said that Clark is going to Vegas.

Oh come the fuck on.

Gotta hand it to Vegas GM for seizing the moment but this is NBA territory. The parity of the W was always one of the things I liked about it but now it's just heading the "jump on the bandwagon" vibe that we see in the NBA. Clark is a role player, so good for her but watching elite stars ring chase is disappointing.

I love Clark, but it remains to be seen if signing her is the big deal it used to be.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/30/23 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://twitter.com/RachGall/status/1620102439952351232?s=20&t=F2wg5p4VWifuq6DUf5KGLA

Quote:
RFA Sophie Cunningham has been in discussions with the Dallas Wings, Connecticut Sun, Los Angeles Sparks, Phoenix Mercury, and a couple of other teams during this free agency period sources tell
@winsidr

With as much as Phoenix's social media has leaned into "Spicy Sophie" as one of the core faces of the team this past year and offseason, I for one think it would be hilarious to see her sign elsewhere.

PostPosted: 01/30/23 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:
@winsidr

With as much as Phoenix's social media has leaned into "Spicy Sophie" as one of the core faces of the team this past year and offseason, I for one think it would be hilarious to see her sign elsewhere.

I would not , Vegas did the same thing with Hamby or her daughter last season and now.......

PostPosted: 01/30/23 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan Resigned on a 3 year deal #Amen ....1 down 1 to go Bibb come on lock in Mabrey please ! Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: 01/31/23 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
McCowan Resigned on a 3 year deal #Amen ....1 down 1 to go Bibb come on lock in Mabrey please ! Embarassed Embarassed

Have you heard anything on Bella?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/31/23 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Any indication of what McCowan signed for?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/23 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

No i do not have the details other than an agreement was reached , and DFdub i have yet to hear any new about Bella as of yet .

PostPosted: 01/31/23 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

No i do not have the details other than an agreement was reached , and DFdub i have yet to hear any new about Bella as of yet .

Damn....wonder what the deal is with her😒

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/31/23 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot has said goodbye to Chicago

It is Feb 1st on the east coast in about an hour

do we get a Sloot/Stewie announcement or leak tonight?

mercfan

PostPosted: 01/31/23 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hearing Stewie, Sloot, Stevens, Hayes and Nneka to Phoenix. Don’t shoot the messenger.

craigmont

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Hearing Stewie, Sloot, Stevens, Hayes and Nneka to Phoenix. Don’t shoot the messenger.

No need to shoot you, just wake you up from your fever dream.

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 02/01/23 1:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Quote:
@winsidr

Your first and only needed clue in that post were the first 3 letters, RFA. I do believe Phoenix intends to pick up any contract Sophie may sign regardless of where it is.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/01/23 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

This Stewie decision has kind of reminded me of when LJ was considering going to PX instead of re-signing with Seattle.

If PX could pull off Sloot and Stewie it would be a great team

Sloot/SDS/DT/Stewie and BG

or maybe PX can pull a Vegas and trade SDS and free up cap space.

SDS to LA for Carter and pick 10? And Stewie can take vet minimum problem solved

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/01/23 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I still want to know who decided to leave first, and whether or how much the first decision factored into the second?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/01/23 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I still want to know who decided to leave first, and whether or how much the first decision factored into the second?

Who decided to leave first between Sloot and Parker? or Sloot and Stewie?

(I still there is a chance Sloot and Stewie team up but in Seattle. Joining Loyd still gives them a big 3 and The Storm have enough to bring in some more talent to surround them).

If it is between Sloot and Parker my guess would be Sloot? only because the Vegas move seems like one of those,"hay Candace we all know Sloot is leaving why don't you come to Vegas and win another Championship before you retire? you know you ain't going to win one in Chicago now, PS you make plenty on TNT would you be willing to take vet minimum if we secretly fly you to LA anytime you want?"

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/01/23 4:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dolson is hinting at the return of a friend on instagram.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going into last year, there were 5 Superteams: LV, SEA, CHI, PHO, and CON Exclamation

This year, there’s only 1: LV… unless another super team is formed with free agents Idea

I don’t want my prediction of who goes where to be right (again), but it is what it is… Shocked

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/01/23 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I was right, Stewart to NY just announced:P

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/02/23 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will wait until Richyyy posts the contract numbers for this current free agency class before I make any comments. If the contract numbers are low I might have some unkind words to say about this current free agents class.🧐

PostPosted: 02/02/23 10:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Nneka even consider going anywhere else?

Seems to me she just likes being in LA, regardless of the state of the franchise.

Maybe someday she will head to Dallas as it seems everyone is now "heading home".

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Azure chooses LA , that is somewhat out of left field to me . Where does she fit with their roster currently ? Let me see that depth chart update lol

https://theathletic.com/4150263/2023/02/02/azura-stevens-free-agency-contract-sparks-wnba/

PostPosted: 02/02/23 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what are we still waiting on

Sloot
(After thinking about it I am now wording if Stewart will be a sign and trade to free up the cap to also sign Sloot, could also see her going to Seattle anyway or Minny being an outside third option)

Mabrey
(I wonder if what Sloot does has any impact on this. IMO Dallas should just re-sign her, if not maybe we see another possible sign and trade)

Griner and DT
(assuming the are both going back to PX Griner for super max DT maybe takes a big discount to open up some cap for additional help)

less exciting but still of interest UFA
T. Mitchell
Hayes
Billings
Harrison
E. Will
C. Will
Jefferson
Does Meesseman return?
Stokes
L. Allen

RFA
Carelton
Heideman (wondering if she just re-signs or if there is a PG domino waiting period)

Did I miss anyone major?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: