RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Connecticut @ Tennessee - 1/26/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 01/26/23 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
These homer announcers are beyond annoying. I just watched a game before this one where the announcers really were homers (for the other team) and they weren’t anywhere near this obviously partial.

LOLOL!!!! Did you watch the Tennessee slobberfest by Duncan, Peck, and Carter for an hour before the game?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/26/23 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
These homer announcers are beyond annoying. I just watched a game before this one where the announcers really were homers (for the other team) and they weren’t anywhere near this obviously partial.

LOLOL!!!! Did you watch the Tennessee slobberfest by Duncan, Peck, and Carter for an hour before the game?

I know UConn fans think women's basketball started with their first Championship in '95, but Pat Summitt and Tennessee are the ones who put women's basketball on the map. It is right to give Pat and Tennessee their due for being the ones who helped build wcbb across the country and on TV.

So Tennessee slipped as Summitt slipped and haven't yet recovered their mojo. UConn fans have not been very gracious when going through a few years in a row with no national championship. What will it be like for UConn fans post Geno? We're getting a taste of just how ugly that will get.

Of course I didn't watch the game or the pre-game due to being on the way to the Duke/VTech game so can't really speak to the announcers during this game.

~rAf
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/26/23 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Well, at least they don’t have any homer ties to Tennessee! Oh wait, Peck was an assistant there, and Cater a player.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 01/26/23 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LLS is sooooo poised.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 01/27/23 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Juhasz was allergic to defensive rebounding. Relatedly, we are going to get walloped on the glass, and therefore the game, against South Carolina.

Lou said who needs Azzi when you've got me!!! A really great performance by her.

Some (really many) of those offensive fouls, on both teams, were Mad Rolling Eyes Confused

Horston played really well, but needed Jackson to have a big game when UConn had both Lou and Edwards on.

Overall, a better result than I was expecting.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/27/23 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm. You can hype it as a must-see rivalry game, but after a while, nobody's gonna believe you anymore. There were a few parts of really decent basketball, it really didn't live up to the hype of olden days.

Ailyah Edwards seems to get better every game, imo, just by the eye test alone - greatly improved. I'm interested to see that matchup with Boston.

I really hope Kelly can keep on the long incline to greatness for the Vols once again, and I also hope Geno's DE-cline to future teams below his usual standards is a slow one, too. BOTH programs have done so much for the game we love. ❤️

PostPosted: 01/27/23 12:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the post game interviews Horston said that UConn was the most physical team they have played.

Stat-wise UConn's pts off turnovers vs Tenn's 2nd chance pts cancelled each other. UConn simply shot better. Edwards/Senechal were 20/33 (4-6) for 51 while Horston/Jackson were 16/36 (2-3) for 40 pts..

ucbart

PostPosted: 01/27/23 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've said this for 3 years, but I really think Horston should be a top 5 pick. What she can do at her height will translate very well to the WNBA and she will finally get to play with guards who are at her same level of talent.

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/27/23 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I've said this for 3 years, but I really think Horston should be a top 5 pick. What she can do at her height will translate very well to the WNBA and she will finally get to play with guards who are at her same level of talent.

I’ve seen a lot of Horston over the years and I’m finally coming into this belief. A lot of W GMs and coaches are salivating over her skill set and hustle. 6’2 guard who can block shots and rebound - incredibly impressive. If this continues, I can see her going top 3…or even second?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: