RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

DePaul @ #5 Connecticut - 1/23/23

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 61211



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/22/23 10:32 pm    ::: DePaul @ #5 Connecticut - 1/23/23 Reply Reply with quote

Storrs, CT - 7:00 PM ET
TV: SNY

Video stream:
http://stream.nbcsports.com/rsn/sny (tvpli)

Audio:
https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink/source/oas-1502/content/uconn:allaccess-Live-5954

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=conn



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 01/24/23 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 61211



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

63-31 UConn mid-third

How long until Morrow decides to transfer to a team like say…. UConn?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 14376



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
63-31 UConn mid-third

How long until Morrow decides to transfer to a team like say…. UConn?


I'd say Louisville would be a better fit. Jeff has regularly manifested a willingness to turn the ball over to one player to shoot at will. She'd think she was in heaven but surrounded by a better supporting cast and a defense, and Louisville could use a real scorer.


NYSports56



Joined: 03 Jul 2018
Posts: 915
Location: New Jersey, USA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The score is lopsided, but I've enjoyed watching Edwards and Morrow going head to head.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 5137



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
63-31 UConn mid-third

How long until Morrow decides to transfer to a team like say…. UConn?


DePaul lost 2 starters to ACL's a week before their first game. They were also their 2 best 3pt shooters. It's tough to overcome that.


linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 5137



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

91-54 final

In the Edwards-Morrow matchup:

Morrow 20pts on 8-26 (1-Cool 12rb

Edwards 23pts 10-13, 10rbs

The two were allowed to be physical with each other and it was very entertaining. Morrow has a national reputation and Edwards showed she is that level.

Patterson retuned to get 6 pts and 6 rbs in 13 minutes.

UConn misses Ducharme and Fudd's 3pt shooting.


NYSports56



Joined: 03 Jul 2018
Posts: 915
Location: New Jersey, USA


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
UConn misses Ducharme and Fudd's 3pt shooting.

They sure do. No way DePaul keeps it that close if those two are playing. Smile


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 5038
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
linkster wrote:
UConn misses Ducharme and Fudd's 3pt shooting.

They sure do. No way DePaul keeps it that close if those two are playing. Smile

UCONN can defeat all the teams in the BE without having Ducharme and Fudd available. They just need these two available come NCAA tournament time if they want to return to the Final Four again.



_________________
The 2021 NBA Champions Milwaukee Bucks. For the Culture! The Chicago Sky are the 2021 WNBA Champions!🏆🏆
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 7646
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/23/23 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Easy game. UConn has been playing tomato cans for a few games now. Good to see Patterson back and making a contribution along with DeBerry.

This is Edwards' year to be an AA. She deserves it, and may not get a shot next season if Bueckers and Fudd are back and putting up the big numbers.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fudd and Ducharme stay out the rest of the season. Fudd is clearly injury prone on her right knee, and needs to maximize her health in that joint for a pro career or she'll lose millions of lifetime dollars. Even if Ducharme returns, I'm not sure how much of a contributor she can be with her history of head and neck problems, to say nothing of her hip, shoulder and knee injuries/surgeries.

Still, UConn has chance to make the FF with a some luck. The South Carolina game will tell us how much luck they'll need.
linkster



Joined: 27 Jul 2012
Posts: 5137



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the last couple of weeks most of the top 10 played tomato can teams and won. I've watched several of those along with UConn's and if play at both ends of the court is measured, UConn is playing about the best right now. The starting five are playing the best defense I've seen since Stewart left and they can score many ways by many players at many spots on the court.

The media became so focused on who is sitting injured that they don't look at the team on the court.

Who is playing better?


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
For the last couple of weeks most of the top 10 played tomato can teams and won. I've watched several of those along with UConn's and if play at both ends of the court is measured, UConn is playing about the best right now. The starting five are playing the best defense I've seen since Stewart left and they can score many ways by many players at many spots on the court.

The media became so focused on who is sitting injured that they don't look at the team on the court.

Who is playing better?




.......


Hmmmm.....


Number of Conference Teams with NET outside the Top 100/200:

Pac-12: 1/0
ACC: 1/0
Big-12: 1/0
SEC: 2/0
Big10: 4/0

Big East: 4/1



Record against NET Quad 1 Opponents Thus Far:

Pac-12: 35 - 53
ACC: 37 - 73
Big-12: 25 - 45
SEC: 23 - 59
Big10: 38 - 68

Big East: 24 - 49


NET Q1 Wins Minus Top Conference Winner:


Pac-12 (12 teams):

Leader: UCLA (7 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 28 wins

ACC (15 teams):

Leader: UNC (6 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 31 wins

Big-12 (10 teams):

Leader: Iowa St. (4 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 21 wins

SEC (14 teams):

Leader: South Carolina (7 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 16 wins

Big10 (14 teams):

Leader: Indiana (6 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 32 wins


Big East (11 teams):
Leader: Connecticut (8 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 16 wins


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
For the last couple of weeks most of the top 10 played tomato can teams and won. I've watched several of those along with UConn's and if play at both ends of the court is measured, UConn is playing about the best right now. The starting five are playing the best defense I've seen since Stewart left and they can score many ways by many players at many spots on the court.

The media became so focused on who is sitting injured that they don't look at the team on the court.

Who is playing better?


RealtimeRPI.com ranks the top 6 WCBB conferences in Conference SOS:

1. ACC (0.5889)
2. Pac-12 (0.5812)
3. Big10 (0.5802)
4. Big-12 (0.5761)
5. Big East (0.5758)
6. SEC (0.5745)

It's undeniable that the SEC is down this year in terms of SOS. Several programs have gone the rout of scheduling very soft non-conference slates this season, with new coaching staffs, and major overhauls of rosters. However the bottom 3 conferences are very close to each other in average SOS. There's reason to think that those rankings will change before the regular season is done:

Massey.com ranks the teams in both the SEC and Big East in terms of SOS by this date:

#1: Connecticut (BE)

#8: Tennessee (SEC)
#10: South Carolina (SEC)

#11: Creighton (BE)

#26: Arkansas (SEC)

#34: Marquette (BE)

#36: Missouri (SEC)
#39: Texas A&M (SEC)
#40: Kentucky (SEC)
#41: Georgia (SEC)

#44: Seton Hall (BE)
#49: Villanova (BE)
#50: DePaul (BE)

#54: Alabama (SEC)
#58: Louisiana State (SEC)
#63: Mississippi State (SEC)
#65: Auburn (SEC)
#71: Vanderbilt (SEC)
#72: Florida (SEC)
#75: Mississippi (SEC)

#83: Butler (BE)
#86: Saint John's (BE)
#89: Georgetown (BE)
#105: Providence (BE)
#110: Xavier (BE)


The Big East is what is known as "top heavy". They have Connecticut at overall #1, and Creighton is just outside of the top 10. Both Tennessee and South Carolina are top 10 SOS teams - so basically a tie there.

The top Big East team in Connecticut, say, would have one Big East opponent in or at the top 10 SOS to play in Creighton, while both Tennessee and South Carolina would have 1 opponent in the top 10 as well, in each other. CT would have five BE opponents in the top 50 SOS to play, while TN and USC each would have 6 SEC opponents to play in the top 50. Again, not much separation there.

But where the separation exists, is in the bottom halves of each conference. The entire 14 teams of the SEC reside inside the top 75 SOS, while five (5) BE teams reside OUTSIDE of the top 75. That is essentially HALF of the entire Big East Conference.

So as the regular season concludes, I see CT's SOS taking a hit, while USC's SOS should continue to climb. CT plays on the road vs Tenn. and once at Villanova, while USC plays at CT and at Tenn.....


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/24/23 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
For the last couple of weeks most of the top 10 played tomato can teams and won. I've watched several of those along with UConn's and if play at both ends of the court is measured, UConn is playing about the best right now. The starting five are playing the best defense I've seen since Stewart left and they can score many ways by many players at many spots on the court.

The media became so focused on who is sitting injured that they don't look at the team on the court.

Who is playing better?



Finally, the caliber of competition that Connecticut has been playing also has to be taken into consideration here.

It's true that CT was dealing with substantial injuries and lost game minutes during the early part of the season, during what was a very strong non-conference slate of games. Juhasz in particular missed most of the 9 OOC games. Her return for conference games has helped to solidify the interior for the Huskies.

In the final 5 non-conference games before the conference schedule began, CT beat #10 Iowa 86-79 - after following that up with a rout of Big East conference foe Providence by 45 pts, they then lost to Notre Dame 74-60, edged Princeton 69-64, lost to #10 Maryland 85-78, and survived a tough battle with Florida State 85-77.

Then the Big East Conference schedule began in earnest.

Connecticut has been beating their conference rivals by 30+ MOV. Did CT truly improve to that level, just like that?

They are scoring about the same as they did in non-conf. - they are now allowing 50 ppg to their conf. rivals after allowing 68 ppg to everyone else., are allowing 30% FG % when they were allowing 40%, are averaging 5 more rpg, 1 more bpg, 2 more apg while giving up 2 fewer topg.

Did the team really improve, just like that? What other possible change in their season could have happened?


singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 1552
Location: Missouri


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Record against NET Quad 1 Opponents Thus Far
Pac-12: 35 - 53
ACC: 37 - 73
Big-12: 25 - 45
SEC: 23 - 59
Big10: 38 - 68
Big East: 24 - 49

NET Q1 Wins Minus Top Conference Leader
Pac-12 (12 teams):
Leader: UCLA (7 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 28 wins

ACC (15 teams):
Leader: UNC (6 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 31 wins

Big-12 (10 teams):
Leader: Iowa St. (4 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 21 wins

SEC (14 teams):
Leader: South Carolina (7 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 16 wins

Big10 (14 teams):
Leader: Indiana (6 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 32 wins

Big East (11 teams):
Leader: Connecticut (8 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 16 wins

UConn fan here. The SEC is better than the Big East, and it is pretty shocking how poorly the SEC compares to the other top conferences. The numbers above even favor the Big East over the SEC. The coaching changes at Texas A&M and Georgia plus the graduation of Howard at Kentucky have really hurt those teams.

I wish we knew more about how NET rankings get calculated. I assume Mississippi State gets credit for some close loses, but they only have 3 top 100 wins, all at home, over Colorado St (#65), Auburn (#83), and Kentucky (#89). Feels pretty suspect for such a resume to have a NET ranking of 36 Confused They don't have any bad loses, at least?

(For the record, this isn't an SEC-specific complaint; I feel similarly [and probably even worse] about Michigan State at 41, who has 1 win over a top 100 team [Indiana, #5] and a loss to #114 Wisconsin at home.)


singinerd54



Joined: 18 Feb 2009
Posts: 1552
Location: Missouri


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
Record against NET Quad 1 Opponents Thus Far
SEC: 23 - 59

Just realizing how bad this looks when you remove South Carolina and LSU:
without SC: 16-59
without both: 12-59 Shocked

(12-54 if you take out the losses to LSU and SC)


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Record against NET Quad 1 Opponents Thus Far
Pac-12: 35 - 53
ACC: 37 - 73
Big-12: 25 - 45
SEC: 23 - 59
Big10: 38 - 68
Big East: 24 - 49

NET Q1 Wins Minus Top Conference Leader
Pac-12 (12 teams):
Leader: UCLA (7 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 28 wins

ACC (15 teams):
Leader: UNC (6 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 31 wins

Big-12 (10 teams):
Leader: Iowa St. (4 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 21 wins

SEC (14 teams):
Leader: South Carolina (7 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 16 wins

Big10 (14 teams):
Leader: Indiana (6 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 32 wins

Big East (11 teams):
Leader: Connecticut (8 wins)
Rest of Conf.: 16 wins

UConn fan here. The SEC is better than the Big East, and it is pretty shocking how poorly the SEC compares to the other top conferences. The numbers above even favor the Big East over the SEC. The coaching changes at Texas A&M and Georgia plus the graduation of Howard at Kentucky have really hurt those teams.

I wish we knew more about how NET rankings get calculated. I assume Mississippi State gets credit for some close loses, but they only have 3 top 100 wins, all at home, over Colorado St (#65), Auburn (#83), and Kentucky (#89). Feels pretty suspect for such a resume to have a NET ranking of 36 Confused They don't have any bad loses, at least?

(For the record, this isn't an SEC-specific complaint; I feel similarly [and probably even worse] about Michigan State at 41, who has 1 win over a top 100 team [Indiana, #5] and a loss to #114 Wisconsin at home.)


Miss State is 0-4 against Q1 opponents this season thus far, and is 4-5 versus Q1+2 opponents. All 5 losses they have are against top 50 NET opponents, and that may be the answer there. They have no really "good" wins, but they don't have any "bad" losses in the eyes of the NET formula.

Their NET may rise even as they go, depending on how well they fare: only 2 more opponents left on their schedule with NET rankings outside of the top 50, in Texas A&M and Florida. Nothing but top-50 NET opponents beyond those. If they have a strong W-L in those, they get into the top 30 in NET by the end of the season.

I agree more with Mich. State: they are 1-6 vs Q1 NET opponents, and only 2-7 versus Q1+2 opponents. They are 9-0 versus Q4 opponents, which shouldn't help their overall NET ranking much. Two of their 9 losses were outside of the top 50 NET, so they do have some "bad" losses. They did beat Indiana as you said but it was at home - a road win would've counted for more in the NET formula - but the rest of their wins do not really contain any strong opponents. Finally, that they are 11-9 overall should not be much reason for a top 50 NET ranking. At least Miss State is 15-5 overall, with their schedule.

I too can be confused with how the NET formula often sums up.....


As for the SEC as a conference, they do continue to rack up the king's share of top prep talent, based on the McDonald's AA Tournament selection list just put out recently, and with the near future addition of Texas and Oklahoma, that should continue to be the case. I am looking at this season as sort of a reboot for the conference, and expect them to get stronger soon after......


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:
Record against NET Quad 1 Opponents Thus Far
SEC: 23 - 59

Just realizing how bad this looks when you remove South Carolina and LSU:
without SC: 16-59
without both: 12-59 Shocked

(12-54 if you take out the losses to LSU and SC)



Yes, the SEC is pretty weak this season, despite its top 2 teams. And if you continue on that frame, and include Tennessee's 3-6 Q1 record, then the other 11 SEC teams are a combined 9-53 (0.145)!!! By comparison, taking CT, Villanova, and Creighton out of their equation, it leaves a 7-40 (0.149) NET W-L record. In a comparison of the bottom 6 NET team for each conference, the SEC is 2-33 (0.057), while the BE is 2-31 (0.061). A slight edge favoring the BE, I guess. It's a dubious honor.

But the SEC has 14 member teams, for an annual 16-game conference schedule. The Big East has 11 member teams that play.....19???? conference games?? That looks funny, but they have played 18 each season since the 12-13 season. So more conference games for fewer conference foes. CT will most likely get to play EACH BE rival twice this season, while USC will only play a handful of its SEC rivals twice, and all others just once.

CT plays the above bottom 6 NET Big East members - Seton Hall, DePaul, Georgetown, Providence, Butler, and Xavier - a total of 12 times this season. South Carolina will play its' conference's bottom 6 - Georgia, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, Texas A&M, and Vanderbilt - a total of 9 times. Of course, CT will also play the top NET opponents twice as well, while USC only plays LSU and Tennessee once each....


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 14376



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

As for the SEC as a conference, they do continue to rack up the king's share of top prep talent, based on the McDonald's AA Tournament selection list just put out recently, and with the near future addition of Texas and Oklahoma, that should continue to be the case. I am looking at this season as sort of a reboot for the conference, and expect them to get stronger soon after......


Before you post more of your delusional SEC horse sh**, maybe you should look at more than one year prior to claiming there is some non-existent trend.

If you'd used 2022 instead of 2023, you'd have to, by your statistical illogic, say that the PAC is "continuing to rack up" the "king's share" of talent and "should continue" to do so. Of course that would be just as silly a conclusion as the one you proclaimed.

Looking at 2022 McDonalds data, the conference lineup is:

PAC - 11 (3 are USC or UCLA and thus become Big10 eventually)
B10 - 0 ( will pick up 3 with USC and UCLA eventually)
ACC - 5
SEC - 5 (zero Texas or OK additions)
B12 -1
BE - 2

If you go back to 2019 - theoretically this year's seniors (ignoring injuries, transfers, covid and other "extensions") - you'd find the PAC again with the "king's share":

PAC - 7
ACC - 6
SEC - 5
B10 - 3
B12 - 2
BE - 1

Maybe you should take a remedial stats course before again trying to infer a historical or future trend from a single isolated data point.

It should also be noted that use of McDonalds game selections is both a pretty small sample of recruits and completely ignores non-US players like Cassandre Prosper (ND - from Canada) and other foreign players such as those which UConn is increasingly pursuing.

It also ignores transfers and the currently unpredictable future effect of the portal and new "free agency" unrestricted transfer rules. A LOT of those 2019 McDonalds players are no longer where they started.


Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Conway Gamecock wrote:

As for the SEC as a conference, they do continue to rack up the king's share of top prep talent, based on the McDonald's AA Tournament selection list just put out recently, and with the near future addition of Texas and Oklahoma, that should continue to be the case. I am looking at this season as sort of a reboot for the conference, and expect them to get stronger soon after......


Before you post more of your delusional SEC horse sh**, maybe you should look at more than one year prior to claiming there is some non-existent trend.

If you'd used 2022 instead of 2023, you'd have to, by your statistical illogic, say that the PAC is "continuing to rack up" the "king's share" of talent and "should continue" to do so. Of course that would be just as silly a conclusion as the one you proclaimed.

Looking at 2022 McDonalds data, the conference lineup is:

PAC - 11 (3 are USC or UCLA and thus become Big10 eventually)
B10 - 0 ( will pick up 3 with USC and UCLA eventually)
ACC - 5
SEC - 5 (zero Texas or OK additions)
B12 -1
BE - 2

If you go back to 2019 - theoretically this year's seniors (ignoring injuries, transfers, covid and other "extensions") - you'd find the PAC again with the "king's share":

PAC - 7
ACC - 6
SEC - 5
B10 - 3
B12 - 2
BE - 1

Maybe you should take a remedial stats course before again trying to infer a historical or future trend from a single isolated data point.

It should also be noted that use of McDonalds game selections is both a pretty small sample of recruits and completely ignores non-US players like Cassandre Prosper (ND - from Canada) and other foreign players such as those which UConn is increasingly pursuing.

It also ignores transfers and the currently unpredictable future effect of the portal and new "free agency" unrestricted transfer rules. A LOT of those 2019 McDonalds players are no longer where they started.


Well ain't you just the big ole' internet meanie? First off, I wasn't talking bout any other conference, I was referring to the SEC based on comparisons between the SEC and the Big East. I made no disparaging remarks about ANY conference, really, regarding the number of McD AA selections.

Secondly, post anything that shows what I posted to be untrue. You can't. You CAN however cherry-pick in your response - go from '22 and '23 to '19? What happened to '20, or in particular '21?

Of the "Big Six" of the P5 conferences plus the Big East, the SEC was 3rd in '19, 3rd in '20, 1st in '21, tied for 2nd in '22, and appears to be 1st for '23. That's actually a pretty solid progression upward as the years progress. And the inclusion of Texas and Oklahoma who have been top 25 caliber WCBB programs for years if not decades, will only make the conference stronger in the future. Please explain why you think it wouldn't, besides just opting to attack the poster.....


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 15055
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that the debate is deserving of continuation, but Art has a most valid point in factoring in the New & Improved Transfer Portal: I think of Oregon alone who recruited the top class overall three years ago, and now....5 of them are starters for teams in the BIG, the SEC and the ACC. (Jaz Shelly at Nebraska was a year ahead of Scherr, Watson, and Parrish, I believe. Chaniya Pinto was a transfer into OR, then transferred to Penn St, where she's starting)
This dynamic alone waters down the potential of what a terrific recruiting class might promise to be.

Recruiting top talent was the Big Idea. Now, it's recruiting AND keeping the talent.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1719
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Not that the debate is deserving of continuation, but Art has a most valid point in factoring in the New & Improved Transfer Portal: I think of Oregon alone who recruited the top class overall three years ago, and now....5 of them are starters for teams in the BIG, the SEC and the ACC. (Jaz Shelly at Nebraska was a year ahead of Scherr, Watson, and Parrish, I believe. Chaniya Pinto was a transfer into OR, then transferred to Penn St, where she's starting)
This dynamic alone waters down the potential of what a terrific recruiting class might promise to be.

Recruiting top talent was the Big Idea. Now, it's recruiting AND keeping the talent.


Nobody has stated otherwise, but I fail to find much "validity" in a counter-argument of what might possibly happen with the transfer portal - with zero indication that it may happen - against what is factual numbers of McDonald's All-Americans committing to conferences today. South Carolina recruited two overall #1 ranked recruiting classes for 2019 and 2021, consisting of 9 total prospects, and of those, 8 are still with the program. Until those prospects actually choose to transfer away from their original conferences, we can only base our reasoning on what is fact today, or just not have reasoning in them.


Further, the SEC is not precluded from benefiting from the transfer portal as well as any other conference. Just not much of an argument as justification for him to go fly off the handle at me. He can disagree with me all he wants, I couldn't care less.....


ArtBest23



Joined: 02 Jul 2013
Posts: 14376



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/25/23 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:

Well ain't you just the big ole' internet meanie? First off, I wasn't talking bout any other conference, I was referring to the SEC based on comparisons between the SEC and the Big East. I made no disparaging remarks about ANY conference, really, regarding the number of McD AA selections.



You can't even be honest when characterizing your very own post!

First, just above your "kings share" nonsense, in the same post, you were talking about Michigan St. Unless I missed some new realignment news, the Spartans are still in the Big 10.

Second, you never said the SEC recruited better than the BE; you claimed they recruit better than the entire known universe, claiming ridiculously that "the SEC as a conference, they do continue to rack up the king's share of top prep talent." Well that's a totally false statement. They don't, as your own data demonstrates.

Your beloved Gamecocks are defending champions and ranked number one. We all know it. You don't need to exaggerate. They're not ready to beat the Celtics and Nuggets just yet.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin