RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#5 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 1/17/23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/17/23 7:45 pm    ::: #5 Connecticut @ Seton Hall - 1/17/23 Reply Reply with quote

South Orange, NJ - 7:00 PM ET
TV: SNY (Allen Bestwick, Meg Culmo)

Video:
https://sny.tv/watch-now/ (tvpli)

Audio:
http://www.wsou.net/streams.cfm#.WaWwgb-tZ4c

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=433156

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/17/23 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

50-22 UConn at the half

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/23 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Edwards with 15/10 at the half.

Juhasz with 11/9

Geno played his entire roster in the 1st half. Very Happy

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/23 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Midway through the 3rd period and UConn is scoring 1.38/poss while holding SH to 0.60/poss.

UConn with 4 turnovers to this point.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/17/23 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

any word about Azzi?

linkster

PostPosted: 01/17/23 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

103-58 final.

Another Quadrant I win for CT. I have to question the range included in Quad I. This win is the same as one against say tOSU?

Juhasz and Edwards dominated. A combined 17-27 (63%), 4-5, 22 rbs and 43 points. Looks like they learned something working out with Tina Charles the other day.

Fudd stayed in Storrs. Patterson was in uniform but only in case of an emergency.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/18/23 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have put food in my face, so I can attempt to compose a reply more coherent than “fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck the horse you rode in on, fuck the horse your mother rode in on, and fuck the mother your horse rode in on”.

UConn: good at basketball. Too much size for us to cope with. Even if DeBerry isn’t the polished product some of y’all wish she was, she was very effective at being in the way. Aaliyah Edwards was a wrecking crew- the play where she tipped the ball out so hard she turned it into a one-woman fast break was amazing, as was the moment when she sent Lauren Park-Lane’s soul out into the lobby. It seemed like the bigs, and whatever size grouping one qualifies Lopez Sénéchal as, have had to learn some new and exciting skills with the scoring guards out injured.

Sweet moment before the game: Bueckers went up into an empty section of seats to sign the sign of a young fan in the upper deck (not as much of a stretch as one might think, it’s viable if you’re in the top row of the courtside seats and someone dangles the sign low).

Geno looks like hell. I know he’s been through hell, but yikes. I feel bad for him and I hope things get better for him soon.

I have no idea who or what the fuck that was wearing #3 for Seton Hall, because I refuse to believe that Lauren Park-Lane forgot how to play basketball this hard. I’m not talking about the things that were out of her control, like giving up something like six inches to Mühl and a foot to half the Huskies’ roster. I’m talking about letting a pass glance off her shins. I’m talking about getting out of her defensive stance in the middle of play. This Lauren Pod-Person sucks and I want the real LP back. The early foul trouble for Sidney Cooks pretty much took her out of the game, and Tony threw the chutes on her early. By the fourth quarter, I think he was honestly testing out plays for next season by having Amari Wright run point and running three-point plays for Victoria Keenan until everyone got sick of it. (Which, honestly, letting Victoria run it up is fine by me, she’s spent most of the last two years injured, at least someone can have nice things since any god that happens to be listening knows nothing else went right for the Hall.)

Honestly, Mühl should have smacked LP in the face earlier. I think it actually reset her.

I am once again begging you not to wear opposing gear behind the home bench. I don’t care if your friend is a Seton Hall guy and that’s how you got your tickets. It’s rude. Wear neutral colors if you just have to be a road team fan behind the home bench.

This was definitely a thing that happened, and I am a wee bit put out that I took time off from work to make sure I made it to this game, because that seems to be more of an effort than half the SHU starting lineup put in.

PostPosted: 01/18/23 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I have put food in my face, so I can attempt to compose a reply more coherent than “fuck you, fuck your mother, fuck the horse you rode in on, fuck the horse your mother rode in on, and fuck the mother your horse rode in on”.

UConn: good at basketball. Too much size for us to cope with. Even if DeBerry isn’t the polished product some of y’all wish she was, she was very effective at being in the way. Aaliyah Edwards was a wrecking crew- the play where she tipped the ball out so hard she turned it into a one-woman fast break was amazing, as was the moment when she sent Lauren Park-Lane’s soul out into the lobby. It seemed like the bigs, and whatever size grouping one qualifies Lopez Sénéchal as, have had to learn some new and exciting skills with the scoring guards out injured.

Sweet moment before the game: Bueckers went up into an empty section of seats to sign the sign of a young fan in the upper deck (not as much of a stretch as one might think, it’s viable if you’re in the top row of the courtside seats and someone dangles the sign low).

Geno looks like hell. I know he’s been through hell, but yikes. I feel bad for him and I hope things get better for him soon.

I have no idea who or what the fuck that was wearing #3 for Seton Hall, because I refuse to believe that Lauren Park-Lane forgot how to play basketball this hard. I’m not talking about the things that were out of her control, like giving up something like six inches to Mühl and a foot to half the Huskies’ roster. I’m talking about letting a pass glance off her shins. I’m talking about getting out of her defensive stance in the middle of play. This Lauren Pod-Person sucks and I want the real LP back. The early foul trouble for Sidney Cooks pretty much took her out of the game, and Tony threw the chutes on her early. By the fourth quarter, I think he was honestly testing out plays for next season by having Amari Wright run point and running three-point plays for Victoria Keenan until everyone got sick of it. (Which, honestly, letting Victoria run it up is fine by me, she’s spent most of the last two years injured, at least someone can have nice things since any god that happens to be listening knows nothing else went right for the Hall.)

Honestly, Mühl should have smacked LP in the face earlier. I think it actually reset her.

I am once again begging you not to wear opposing gear behind the home bench. I don’t care if your friend is a Seton Hall guy and that’s how you got your tickets. It’s rude. Wear neutral colors if you just have to be a road team fan behind the home bench.

This was definitely a thing that happened, and I am a wee bit put out that I took time off from work to make sure I made it to this game, because that seems to be more of an effort than half the SHU starting lineup put in.

Queenie-I have one VERY important question.

1. Were those two male referees as hot in person as they appeared on TV?
2. Have you ever seen them before? Are they new? My goodness.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/18/23 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Perhaps what Queenie finds 'hot' is not the same as what you do!?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/18/23 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was the most fun game to watch all season if you like old fashioned "UConn basketball" surgical domination. And it was the best game of DeBerry's career.

However, it's rather improbable that Juhasz, Griffin and DeBerry will ever again go 8-10 from the 3pt arc.
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 01/18/23 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Y'all are missing the lead:

UConn wins by 40+ and Geno plays the entire bench of two. All starters played 30+ minutes, with two playing 37 mins. Maybe risk "only" winning by 30+ and playing Inez more than 10 minutes?

~rAf
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 01/18/23 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rent-free in that noggin of yours. Laughing

linkster

PostPosted: 01/18/23 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

200/7= 29

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/18/23 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

UConn wins by 40+ and Geno plays the entire bench of two. All starters played 30+ minutes, with two playing 37 mins. Maybe risk "only" winning by 30+ and playing Inez more than 10 minutes?

the fuck else were they going to do, play 4-on-5?

PostPosted: 01/18/23 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Business is that good, huh?

1. I was too busy screaming imprecations about their counting skills to determine whether they were hot. I remember one of them being kind of beige, so if anthropomorphized khakis are your jam, sure, I guess.

2. Looking at the box score, I don’t recognize the name of Rod Creech, but Brandon Enterline is definitely not new. Of all the families to make officiating a family business...

PostPosted: 01/18/23 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dup. Sorry. My computer told me it didn't post the first time. It lied.

~rAf

Last edited by readyAIMfire53 on 01/18/23 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie

PostPosted: 01/18/23 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

We heard you the first time. It's still an astonishingly disingenuous remark to make about a team that's rostering seven healthy players. And maybe consider the person arguing with you is a fan of multiple Big East teams that are not UConn, and consider whether this is the hill you really have an urge to die on.

PostPosted: 01/19/23 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ucbart wrote:

1. I was too busy screaming imprecations about their counting skills to determine whether they were hot. I remember one of them being kind of beige, so if anthropomorphized khakis are your jam, sure, I guess.

2. Looking at the box score, I don’t recognize the name of Rod Creech, but Brandon Enterline is definitely not new. Of all the families to make officiating a family business...

That's got to be elder Brian's son, Brian. Has to be.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/19/23 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Queenie wrote:
ucbart wrote:

That's got to be elder Brian's son, Brian. Has to be.

Either his son or his nephew; Bryan's brother Bob is also a ref.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: