View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 11/28/22 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/top-mid-major-wnba-draft-prospects-to-watch/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYSports56

PostPosted: 11/28/22 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
After watching Lou Lopez-Senechal for 4 games and an exhibition game, at this point in time, she looks like a first round draft choice. She does everything well, runs the floor, rebounds, defends, is unselfish, has a good body, is a 6'1" g/f, can shoot and score.

I imagine at least 95% or more of women's basketball fans never heard of her before...to be honest, I didn't either. But I sure do like her! Very Happy

She hasn't impressed me nearly that much. I've been more impressed by everyone else in the Connecticut starting lineup. Having read your post, I watched her more closely in yesterday's game, and I'm still not seeing a first round WNBA choice. Maybe she does everything well, but it seems to me like she's benefitting a lot from who is around her.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 11/29/22 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
After watching Lou Lopez-Senechal for 4 games and an exhibition game, at this point in time, she looks like a first round draft choice. She does everything well, runs the floor, rebounds, defends, is unselfish, has a good body, is a 6'1" g/f, can shoot and score.

I imagine at least 95% or more of women's basketball fans never heard of her before...to be honest, I didn't either. But I sure do like her! Very Happy

She hasn't impressed me nearly that much. I've been more impressed by everyone else in the Connecticut starting lineup. Having read your post, I watched her more closely in yesterday's game, and I'm still not seeing a first round WNBA choice. Maybe she does everything well, but it seems to me like she's benefitting a lot from who is around her.

ill admit i don't see your point, but if that's your point then it bodes well for her - as WNBA players around her will likely be better than UConn players around her

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/29/22 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She can shoot it but i have not seen first round draft talent yet. Stephanie Soares on the other hand should she declare would be an absolute monster pick in the 1st round .

PostPosted: 11/29/22 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Soares too...although at this point in time, I don't think she's ready but by Draft time she might be. Then again , she'd be hard to pass up, even if she's not ready...she's going to play in the WNBA.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/29/22 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
She can shoot it but i have not seen first round draft talent yet. Stephanie Soares on the other hand should she declare would be an absolute monster pick in the 1st round .

Oh wow....she's who I picked at #11 on my Twitter account and no one else even knew who she was!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/29/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Oh wow....she's who I picked at #11 on my Twitter account and no one else even knew who she was!!!

It's understandable because she just arrived on the D1 college scene but she's the real deal and very raw with great touch and size. She reminds me of a longer and maybe even better Satou Sabally vaguely.

PostPosted: 11/29/22 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stephanie Soares on the other hand should she declare would be an absolute monster pick in the 1st round .

Soares is on track to exhaust her remaining college eligibility at the conclusion of this season, per her Iowa State bio. No need to 'early'-declare, per se. ttps://cyclones.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/stephanie-soares/12052

At The Master’s University:
2018-19: 35 Games Played
2019-20: 31 Games Played
2020-21 AKA the Covid-Bonus Season: Sat out due to injury
2021-22: 34 Games Played

Because she happened to sit out the covid-bonus season, she doesn’t get an extra season after this one like most others who have previously played in three full seasons would. That was it. So as long as she doesn’t get injured in the next few games and take a redshirt, she should be available in the 2023 Draft no matter what.

Last edited by Stormeo on 11/29/22 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/29/22 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Stephanie Soares on the other hand should she declare would be an absolute monster pick in the 1st round .

Soares is on track to exhaust her remaining college eligibility at the conclusion of this season, per her Iowa State bio. No need to 'early'-declare, per se. ttps://cyclones.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/stephanie-soares/12052

The Master’s University:
2020-21/The Covid-Bonus Season: Sat out due to injury

Because she happened to sit out the covid-bonus season, she doesn’t get an extra season after this one like most others who have previously played in three full seasons would. That was it. So as long as she doesn’t get injured in the next few games and take a redshirt, she should be available in the 2023 Draft no matter what.

Awesome , i assumed because she redshirted that covid season she would get 1 extra year . This is even better , i hope teams pass her up lol .

PostPosted: 11/29/22 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
I like Soares too...although at this point in time, I don't think she's ready but by Draft time she might be. Then again , she'd be hard to pass up, even if she's not ready...she's going to play in the WNBA.
👍🏿💵

PostPosted: 11/29/22 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

The kid is obviously impressive at this level, especially considering she's new to D1. And I'd be delighted for her to be a first round pick. But. That might be aiming a bit high.

If you just take the 'snapshot' of her game vs. UNC, it looks impressive when you see her 19/12 performance; however, that's on 35% FG shooting - not so hot for a player shooting from 5' or closer. Range? She was 1-6 from deep (17%). Okay, that can improve.

But if you watch her in action, she's a kind of a 'tweener as a center: She's not a sturdy banger like McCowan, Dolson, etc., and she's not the slithery, athletic sort like Austin, with great handles. She's somewhere in between those 2 standards. Can she get there? Absolutely. By next April? Shocked

PostPosted: 11/29/22 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven’t seen Soares play. How close is she to, say, an Azurá Stevens? in which Stevens – who of course is a legit player at this point – seems to play more 5 in the pros than not despite not being bulky.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/29/22 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

It's understandable because she just arrived on the D1 college scene but she's the real deal and very raw with great touch and size. She reminds me of a longer and maybe even better Satou Sabally vaguely.

I tweeted Bibb & Coach T to get her if she's on the board at #11 😆😆😆😆

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/29/22 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

At The Master’s University:
2020-21 AKA the Covid-Bonus Season: Sat out due to injury

Damn....you be on it!!!😁😁😁

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/29/22 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
I haven’t seen Soares play. How close is she to, say, an Azurá Stevens? in which Stevens – who of course is a legit player at this point – seems to play more 5 in the pros than not despite not being bulky.

she totally looks like a five to me. While she's not bulky, she's also not a string bean.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/29/22 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interested in thoughts on Owusu who’s also draft eligible post transfer from Maryland?

PostPosted: 11/29/22 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Interested in thoughts on Owusu who’s also draft eligible post transfer from Maryland?

Need to look her up 🤔

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/29/22 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

she totally looks like a five to me. While she's not bulky, she's also not a string bean.

Her height blocking ability and ability to stretch the floor could boost her stock up to a lottery pick by seasons end . Happy to see More Brazilians impacting the W as they did in the early days with Cintia Dos Santos and Janeth Arcain *sigh* I miss the infant the WNBA Laughing

PostPosted: 11/29/22 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janeth was the best and I loved watching her so much.

(now with spelling variations)
awhom111

PostPosted: 11/29/22 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I wonder what would have happened if she declared for the draft instead of transferring. I may or may not have hinted at her existence as far back as September of 2020.
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 11/30/22 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I wonder what would have happened if she declared for the draft instead of transferring. I may or may not have hinted at her existence as far back as September of 2020.

I guess everything happens in its own time😎

blaase22

PostPosted: 12/01/22 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Clark needs to declare, isn’t she tired of being a one woman show for a barely sweet sixteen type of team?

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/02/22 12:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Was just going to post: Who's draftstock is falling like a rock? Owusu. Don't know if she came up injured, but she only played 5 min, while starting PG Amoore got a triple dub. Bottom line is we're not seeing the frosh/soph sensation Owusu out there. At all.

~rAf
snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 12/02/22 6:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Clark needs to declare, isn’t she tired of being a one woman show for a barely sweet sixteen type of team?

i noticed late last year, and this year, she appears annoyed with her teammates - its giving frustration that caitlin is head and shoulders above all her teammates

Milks26

PostPosted: 12/02/22 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

i noticed late last year, and this year, she appears annoyed with her teammates - its giving frustration that caitlin is head and shoulders above all her teammates

Not appears - she is. She's from the state, still gets the attention and gets to be a one woman show so she won't declare early or transfer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 10 of 26

Jump to: