RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#11 Tennessee vs UCLA - 11/20/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/22 10:47 pm    ::: #11 Tennessee vs UCLA - 11/20/22 Reply Reply with quote

Battle 4 Atlantis
Paradise Island, Bahamas - 12:00 PM ET

TV: None

Video stream:
https://flosports.link/3qBX93a (sub)

Audio:
https://ucla.leanplayer.com/

Live stats:
http://atlantis.statbroadcast.com/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/20/22 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Upset brewing. UCLA up 46-36 at the half. Bruins look much more put together this year, especially with a steady new addition in Kiki Rice. She really has great court vision and knows when and who to get the ball to.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/20/22 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee drops to 2-3 on the season and will have another quality match-up tomorrow with the loser of Marquette and Gonzaga.

UCLA meanwhile, impressive.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 11/20/22 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA shoots 11/32 (34%) from 2 and 16/30 (53%) from 3.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/20/22 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLA pulls it out 80-63 over Tennessee.

UCLA shot 53% from the three and outrebounded the taller Tennessee 41-30.

Quite honestly, I was surprised as the Bruins are a very young team overall and are missing two of their posts from last year. I think that was a big reason the younger posts got in foul trouble.

Conti is starting to show her leadership after sitting out last year. Osborne of course is magnificent. Rice had 15 pts, 6 rebounds and 6 assists.

But Sontag was surprising. The first few games, different freshmen have stepped up in each game.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/22 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked I don't think I can remember a season where the pollsters really goofed up on the rankings so early.

Kudos to UCLA....PAC 12 strong!

PostPosted: 11/20/22 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Shocked I don't think I can remember a season where the pollsters really goofed up on the rankings so early.

Kudos to UCLA....PAC 12 strong!

It's the new free agency transfer reality. They have absolutely no idea how to evaluate teams when there is so little year to year continuity.

They assume players who they think are good individually are going to step right in to new systems with new teammates and chemistry is going to magically be perfect. They assume players who left can be easily replaced by newcomers from other schools. They ignore that players who had gaudy recruiting rankings may be transferring after a year because they didn't get along with teammates and coaches at their first school and won't at their second either. Some transfers looked great as big fish in small ponds at previous schools and now are supporting players on teams with much higher standards and expectations. But the analysts assume they'll be instant stars.

It's all total nonsense. Some of these teams they rated highly have four new starters. How can they claim to know how that's going to work out? It will be February before we really know who's good and who's not.

SPD

PostPosted: 11/21/22 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I concur - team chemistry is key in this Transfer crazy season. Tennessee doesn't have it yet. LSU and Georgia have it.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/21/22 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
I concur - team chemistry is key in this Transfer crazy season. Tennessee doesn't have it yet. LSU and Georgia have it.

"Yet" seems to assume they'll inevitably develop it. Some of these thrown-together teams will NEVER have it. They don't get the luxury of freshmen coming in and learning over time the culture and chemistry of the team from the seniors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: