RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#16 Oklahoma @ #25 Utah - 11/16/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/16/22 2:38 am    ::: #16 Oklahoma @ #25 Utah - 11/16/22 Reply Reply with quote

Salt Lake City, UT - 9:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network

Video stream:
https://pac-12.com/womens-basketball/event/2022/11/16/oklahoma-utah (tvpli)

Audio:
https://listen.streamon.fm/kallam

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=434113

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/16/22 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/16/22 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

***Oklahoma. not colorado

I wonder why Oklahoma is playing back-to-back games without a day of rest in between. They just played BYU last night. It makes sense to schedule two games on one road trip through the state, but why no off day?

PostPosted: 11/16/22 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

I wonder why Oklahoma is playing back-to-back games without a day of rest in between. They just played BYU last night. It makes sense to schedule two games on one road trip through the state, but why no off day?

In a hurry to get the heck out of there!

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/16/22 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

In a hurry to get the heck out of there!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/16/22 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Just taking a quick look at all 3 teams schedules, it doesn't really make sense to schedule either of the games a day earlier or a day later, so this was probably the only times to make both games happen. And just from an Oklahoma perspective not playing in any pre-season tournaments this can be a way for the team to get in a little practice of back to back games which they will potentially have to do in the Big 12 Tournament.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/16/22 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Just taking a quick look at all 3 teams schedules, it doesn't really make sense to schedule either of the games a day earlier or a day later, so this was probably the only times to make both games happen. And just from an Oklahoma perspective not playing in any pre-season tournaments this can be a way for the team to get in a little practice of back to back games which they will potentially have to do in the Big 12 Tournament.

I get your point that there is value in having experienced playing back to back days. Even so, looking at Oklahoma and Utah's schedules, I don't see any reason why the Oklahoma/Utah game couldn't have been played tomorrow.

PostPosted: 11/16/22 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I get your point that there is value in having experienced playing back to back days. Even so, looking at Oklahoma and Utah's schedules, I don't see any reason why the Oklahoma/Utah game couldn't have been played tomorrow.

There is a possibility Utah will be traveling tomorrow or the coaching staff wants to give them a day off before travel. They play in the Bahamas on Monday so it would make sense for them to leave tomorrow or Friday. For example UCLA plays in the Battle for Atlantis on Saturday and they left LA today.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/16/22 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

There is a possibility Utah will be traveling tomorrow or the coaching staff wants to give them a day off before travel. They play in the Bahamas on Monday so it would make sense for them to leave tomorrow or Friday. For example UCLA plays in the Battle for Atlantis on Saturday and they left LA today.

Gotcha!

PostPosted: 11/16/22 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm. Maybe it's the wear 'n tear of back to back games, or whatever....OK is putting up some pretty anemic FG %. Utah, meanwhile, looks pretty efficient with a terrific asst/to ratio.

Down by 15 at the half, can OK pull of a a second, back-to-back, come-from-behind win? Shocked

PostPosted: 11/16/22 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our P12 midrange is starting to look pretty good.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 11/17/22 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just looking at the stats Utah was only 13-40 from 3 but an incredible 32-42 (76%) from inside the arc.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/17/22 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I turned off this game at the half, when there was a 15 point lead. Then Utah scored 41 points in the third quarter for a game total of 124!!! I can't recall such an embarrassing defensive nothingness from such a highly ranked team as Oklahoma. I thought JB was supposed to be a top caliber coach.

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 11/17/22 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 11/17/22 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I turned of this game at the half, when there was a 15 point lead. Then Utah scored 41 points in the third quarter for a game total of 124!!! I can't recall such an embarrassing defensive nothingness from such a high ranked team as Oklahoma. I thought JB was supposed to be a top caliber coach.

Oh, she is. Now, if you'd followed her trajectory over the past year and note how it was remarkably better than the previous year, you'd understand. One bad game doth not make a lesser coach.

PostPosted: 11/17/22 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have followed her trajectory for years when she was very successful at Drake. But any team that allows 124 points either is playing a far, far, far more powerful opponent, or has incompetent, spastic players, or simply has not been taught how to play defense. My money is on #3.

Maybe it's an aberration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: