18%  [ 4 ]
Aces
81%
 81%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 22

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/23/22 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Did someone forget to tell Kiah Stokes she wasn't playing for Walt Hopkins anymore?

She said I'm wide open and I'm chucking it up.😁

PostPosted: 05/23/22 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This broadcast is never-ending. Usually don’t get this much postgame.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 05/23/22 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 05/23/22 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
myrtle wrote:
where is BayBay?

Still dealing with a foot injury

She didn't shoot herself in the foot, did she?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/23/22 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Why in the hell does Samuelson lead the Sparks in field goal attempts? And why did they go away from the only thing that was working (getting Cambage touches with two feet in the paint)?

Fishball babe Laughing (Tm to Raf or Pilight) can't remember who coined that Laughing

Very Happy Fishball Very Happy Wish I'd thought of it.

Fish is in a long line of clueless coaches kept in the position based on their own playing career.

There really is only one reason he's still there - the "decider" wanted the team to stink for some indecipherable reason. Or just doesn't give a damn. What I really don't understand, though, is all the so-called professional prognosticators who thought this team would be halfway decent. And who thought KLS would be any better on her 3rd team than she was for her first two? Or that Liz would dominate because she's "happy?"

I have to admit, though, that I'm surprised we haven't heard of any locker room drama, as bad as this team is. I guess Nneka really is THAT good at squashing any theatrics.

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/23/22 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
I have to admit, though, that I'm surprised we haven't heard of any locker room drama, as bad as this team is. I guess Nneka really is THAT good at squashing any theatrics.

Orrrr, maybe, just maybe, the reputation that some of these players being malcontents is hyperbolic and overblown. But it couldn't be that, right?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/24/22 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Amy Atwell on her first WNBA FG (a three, of course) Smile

PostPosted: 05/24/22 2:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Why in the hell does Samuelson lead the Sparks in field goal attempts? And why did they go away from the only thing that was working (getting Cambage touches with two feet in the paint)?

Fishball babe Laughing (Tm to Raf or Pilight) can't remember who coined that Laughing

Very Happy Fishball Very Happy Wish I'd thought of it.

Fish is in a long line of clueless coaches kept in the position based on their own playing career.

There really is only one reason he's still there - the "decider" wanted the team to stink for some indecipherable reason. Or just doesn't give a damn. What I really don't understand, though, is all the so-called professional prognosticators who thought this team would be halfway decent. And who thought KLS would be any better on her 3rd team than she was for her first two? Or that Liz would dominate because she's "happy?"

The Sparks is KLS fourth team. Chicago, Dallas, and Seattle are the others.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/24/22 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

she must have a good agent.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 05/24/22 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

she must have a good agent.

Not sure you're being serious, but all of the times KLS switched teams were due to trades.

But she DID just sign a contract extension with LA, so there's that. (Go agent!)

Mixolydian

PostPosted: 05/24/22 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well I suppose that was a basketball game.

On a different note, what's with the constant music playing at Aces home games? It must be a selling point for people? For me it gets really old. They've got like four same-sounding basic trap loops on repeat so there's a constant cicada hihat drone. I have to mute the broadcast when it's in LV.

I don't mind bits of music here and there to punctuate moments or build a little hype but at least vary it and take some breaks! OK rant over.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/24/22 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
Well I suppose that was a basketball game.

On a different note, what's with the constant music playing at Aces home games? It must be a selling point for people? For me it gets really old. They've got like four same-sounding basic trap loops on repeat so there's a constant cicada hihat drone. I have to mute the broadcast when it's in LV.

I don't mind bits of music here and there to punctuate moments or build a little hype but at least vary it and take some breaks! OK rant over.

What’s with the rabbit mascot jumping up and down on a trampoline during opponents FT’s? It’s funny the first time you see it, but it’s a little too poor sportish for my taste.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/24/22 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mixolydian wrote:
I have to mute the broadcast when it's in LV.

me too. altho I think the primary reason I mute Vegas is I can't stand the Peck-Krista inanities. I think they are the worst, though Phoenix is close, and theoretically shouldn't be so bad since they're both fairly knowledgeable. I usually listen for a few minutes, then mute, and turn it on occasionally if something weird is going on or an interview I want to hear. It's too bad, since Vegas clearly puts money into the product.

jap

PostPosted: 05/25/22 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I'm impressed with Sykes' hops after two ACL tears

Brittney is the Eighth Wonder of the World athletically.

PostPosted: 05/25/22 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I refuse to accept claims that Krista Blunk and Carolyn Peck are the worst broadcasting duo in the WNBA in a world where Dick Fain is still alive.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 05/25/22 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I refuse to accept claims that Krista Blunk and Carolyn Peck are the worst broadcasting duo in the WNBA in a world where Dick Fain is still alive.

Laughing

I prefer to call he and his announcing partner "Frick and Frack" Laughing They talk non-stop during the Storm games and it's as if the Storm are playing themselves Confused *le sigh* One thing I can say is that they are always excited and engaged.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 05/25/22 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Orrrr, maybe, just maybe, the reputation that some of these players being malcontents is hyperbolic and overblown. But it couldn't be that, right?

Let's see: one player was kicked out of the lockerroom and off the floor despite being one of the highest scorers on the team and the other was kicked off her national team, who would rather miss the medal round than share the court with her. These are simple facts.

And, sorry I got one thing wrong: this is KLS' FOURTH team in FOUR years (I said 3rd team in 3 years). And she still can't guard a chair. (Now THAT is hyperbole as she actually could guard a stationary chair).

~rAf
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 05/25/22 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Let's see: one player was kicked out of the lockerroom and off the floor despite being one of the highest scorers on the team and the other was kicked off her national team, who would rather miss the medal round than share the court with her. These are simple facts.

The "simple facts" are that those are isolated incidents, not patterns of behavior that justify a reputation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: