RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PG4ever



Joined: 14 May 2020
Posts: 219



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/19/22 7:30 pm    ::: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

What are you looking forward to for next season? I'm excited to see how a lot of the new coaches fare, especially Coach Mox at UVA. I'm a TT fan but her tenure there as a coach was a disaster so it won't take a whole lot to do better than they did this year. I'm also especially looking forward to seeing what UNC does. I think they're going to surprise.


NoDakSt



Joined: 26 Oct 2005
Posts: 4832
Location: Attilan


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/19/22 7:57 pm    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
What are you looking forward to for next season? I'm excited to see how a lot of the new coaches fare, especially Coach Mox at UVA. I'm a TT fan but her tenure there as a coach was a disaster so it won't take a whole lot to do better than they did this year. I'm also especially looking forward to seeing what UNC does. I think they're going to surprise.


If there current roster is whole and healthy, I think they could be a FF team.



_________________
Contrary to popular belief, Bizon fans believe Alabama to be the NDSU of the FBS and not the other way around.
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17081
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/19/22 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My own personal free agency, no longer shackled to a single set of season tickets but free to exploit the spreadsheet to my heart's content.

On the court: life after Naz Hillmon at Michigan, the continuing development of Lauren Park-Lane for Seton Hall, what appears to be a "not suck or bust" run for St. John's judging by how many seniors/grad students they have, whether Fordham can develop a third option or the concept of a bench, if St. Francis can build on their OOC success from last season instead of letting the end of the season get them down, and what FDU will do to defend their regular season title.

Off the court: will buses exist? The 31 down South Orange Avenue has been exceptionally unreliable to get to Seton Hall, putting a crimp in our plans to see the Pirates more regularly, and as far as I know, buses are not running to Mohegan Sun, making their tournaments suddenly far less accessible.

Out of market (Michigan is in my heart and therefore in market): watching everyone jump from Florida State after Semrau retired is raising red flags, and I want to see how Wyckoff copes with that. I would also like to see the Big East get and/or keep its shit together, just on general principles. We *are* struggling together.



_________________
Tartamella delenda est.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 31034



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/19/22 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Revival of the P12 in general after a somewhat down year.

Figuring out the PG situation at Stanford and praying it's not dependent on Haley Jones.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/20/22 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking forward with great curiosity to life in the Sun Belt conference now that JMU has migrated there. Also to life without premier rebounder Jaylin Carodine and stalwart PG Maddie Green, although we have a brand-new PG coming in, as well as a lot of height. Also will be missing our tall and wonderful AC Ian Caskill, who has just been replaced by Neil Harrow.

Also looking forward to the new edition of the Lady Vols with the addition of Jasmine Powell and Rickea Jackson, and the SEC in general, what with a resurgent LSU and national champs SC and new coaches at UGA and Miss. State as well as Joni Taylor moving over to TAMU.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
PG4ever



Joined: 14 May 2020
Posts: 219



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/20/22 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
My own personal free agency, no longer shackled to a single set of season tickets but free to exploit the spreadsheet to my heart's content.

On the court: life after Naz Hillmon at Michigan, the continuing development of Lauren Park-Lane for Seton Hall, what appears to be a "not suck or bust" run for St. John's judging by how many seniors/grad students they have, whether Fordham can develop a third option or the concept of a bench, if St. Francis can build on their OOC success from last season instead of letting the end of the season get them down, and what FDU will do to defend their regular season title.

Off the court: will buses exist? The 31 down South Orange Avenue has been exceptionally unreliable to get to Seton Hall, putting a crimp in our plans to see the Pirates more regularly, and as far as I know, buses are not running to Mohegan Sun, making their tournaments suddenly far less accessible.

Out of market (Michigan is in my heart and therefore in market): watching everyone jump from Florida State after Semrau retired is raising red flags, and I want to see how Wyckoff copes with that. I would also like to see the Big East get and/or keep its shit together, just on general principles. We *are* struggling together.


I'm a Michigan fan so I'm definitely hoping there's a "We got next" mentality from the players coming back. It's hard to replace a player like Naz but I'm sure KBA's approach won't be to try to have one player replace her.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 6193
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/20/22 10:10 pm    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

For Duke, it's another year of hoping and praying to land decent transfers. Success next season literally depends on landing a starting post player since we finished the season with zero. Coming in is sweet shooting stretch 4 Bollin, who is technically a post player, but a frosh.

Duke's entire season is 100% dependent on getting a starting post player to transfer in. So right now we're on the edge of our seats like it's the middle of a one and done tournament.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
ucbart



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 2439
Location: New York


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/21/22 9:13 am    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

Honestly, this is the year I think WBB could be really good again. All(most anyway) of the elite talent has been freshman/sophomores or COVID sophomore/juniors. Now, we get to see so much elite talent that's experienced and perhaps a little more engrossed in "regular" college life take the floor. There are just so many stars...

*I'm hoping we get to see a healthy UCONN roster and specifically a healthy Paige/Azzi backcourt. They have a chance to be something really special. As for the rest of UCONN, the next player I'm looking at is Alliyah Edwards evolving more on both sides of the ball. She really needs to stop picking up silly fouls and work on her back to the basket post game.

*Next, I can't wait to see what FLJ does at Syracuse. She is already out, full force, into the community(her and her staff came to my restaurant because I invited them in on Twitter). This season won't bring a lot of wins, but it'll bring a lot of heart. She is the only person that could've gotten this job, truthfully. This is a big moment for Syracuse.

All in all, I just can't wait. But, I will NOT wish time away as I want to enjoy this season of the W and the summer/fall months.


summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/21/22 11:44 am    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Honestly, this is the year I think WBB could be really good again. All(most anyway) of the elite talent has been freshman/sophomores or COVID sophomore/juniors. Now, we get to see so much elite talent that's experienced and perhaps a little more engrossed in "regular" college life take the floor. There are just so many stars...

*I'm hoping we get to see a healthy UCONN roster and specifically a healthy Paige/Azzi backcourt. They have a chance to be something really special. As for the rest of UCONN, the next player I'm looking at is Alliyah Edwards evolving more on both sides of the ball. She really needs to stop picking up silly fouls and work on her back to the basket post game.

*Next, I can't wait to see what FLJ does at Syracuse. She is already out, full force, into the community(her and her staff came to my restaurant because I invited them in on Twitter). This season won't bring a lot of wins, but it'll bring a lot of heart. She is the only person that could've gotten this job, truthfully. This is a big moment for Syracuse.

All in all, I just can't wait. But, I will NOT wish time away as I want to enjoy this season of the W and the summer/fall months.


I, too, can't wait to see what FLJ does with Syracuse. That place has had NO fanbase for WBB for the longest, even when they were marginally pretty decent. Having a team that wins some and isn't in turmoil should help that. I just wish they weren't in the ACC. (disclaimer---my dad taught there before he went to Tennessee, back in the dim past, so I know a little about the place. I didn't like it there and refused to go to school there.)



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/21/22 11:44 am    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate, sorry.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 7372
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/21/22 1:02 pm    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
What are you looking forward to for next season?


Boston graduating.
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 31034



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/22/22 11:49 am    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
What are you looking forward to for next season?


Boston graduating.


Laughing Laughing how about Bueckers declaring for the draft? Laughing Laughing


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 7372
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/22/22 1:47 pm    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
What are you looking forward to for next season?


Boston graduating.


:lol: :lol: how about Bueckers declaring for the draft? :lol: :lol:


I'm not looking forward to that, but I think it's more likely than not.

The argument about whether she will or won't declare turns largely on uninformed guesses about how much NIL and other extra-WNBA-salary money Bueckers can make in college vs. the professional ranks. If she can make more in the pros, I think she goes.
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 2133
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/22/22 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Dakota State potentially making another sweet 16 if the cards are right. Very talented group coming back for next season so i'm very optimistic. Also, how the coyotes look post Dawn P. leaving.



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
SPD



Joined: 29 Oct 2021
Posts: 366
Location: California


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/22/22 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to seeing how the SEC shakes out with all these transfers...South Carolina and LSU looking great for 2022-2023. Tenn got Rickea Jackson and Jasmine Powell - nice.

Also, my team - Georgia, is top end loaded with only 1 Junior, 2 Sophomores and one Freshman - the rest are all seniors or graduates... I hope Coach Abe and Tahnee Balerio work hard on getting some young talent in the pipeline.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 31034



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/22/22 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
South Dakota State potentially making another sweet 16 if the cards are right. Very talented group coming back for next season so i'm very optimistic. Also, how the coyotes look post Dawn P. leaving.


Dru Gylten should also be a big get for SDSU.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 60061



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/23/22 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
South Dakota State potentially making another sweet 16 if the cards are right.


Weren’t they the WNIT champs this year?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
adamj95



Joined: 09 May 2014
Posts: 2133
Location: East Grand Forks, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/23/22 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
South Dakota State potentially making another sweet 16 if the cards are right.


Weren’t they the WNIT champs this year?


Yep. Very Happy



_________________
4 time WNBA Champion, 3rd all time in Assists, Minnesota's own: LINDSAY WHALEN.
Milks26



Joined: 25 Mar 2021
Posts: 713



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/23/22 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All the shake ups from player movement to coaches and incoming freshies will make for a great season of WBB Very Happy Cool



_________________
~College WBB & the "W' need other tv networks covering the important stuff...Espn is beyond tired~
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 3136



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/23/22 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing what Kellie Harper can do with a full roster.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 14514
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/25/22 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can think of lots of points to ponder.

1. How are the various conference shake-ups going to change the landscape of Power Who?

2. PAC 12 has 7 of the Top Ten recruits coming in: who will emerge as The Biggest Rivals for Conference #2?

3. Can some high-profile-but-newer coaches start showing some REAL upward mobility with their teams' rankings, a la Ms Barnes? [See: Lawson, Ivey, Banghart, Harper, et al.]

4. And - of COURSE! - Oregon. Where is the Oregon Trail taking us this season? After a hodgey-podgey season, I'm hoping there's some improved chemistry; there's no shortage of talent, but teamwork is not their forte. Yet. Departures and incoming personnel can make all the difference, as all of us hope for better next seasons. ('cept maybe SC! Razz)



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
blue crabs & basketba



Joined: 15 Apr 2021
Posts: 112
Location: the place w/the great flag


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/29/22 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Maryland pulls itself together after all that has happened and has a good season. I'm tired of the feeling of having to defend the team from all the drama with transfers. What a lot of players fail to see is, Brenda's style of play gets players ready for the WNBA, or at least ready to play for the CT Sun.

I like Diamond Miller and want her to have a transcendant season. Maryland adjacent, but I also want new Towson Tigers coach (and MD alum) Laura Harper to have a breakout first year as head coach of the Tigers. I also hope I have the ability to attend more Terps games next season.


readyAIMfire53



Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 6193
Location: Durham, NC


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/30/22 11:34 am    ::: Re: Looking forward to and excited about for 2022-23 WBB Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
For Duke, it's another year of hoping and praying to land decent transfers. Success next season literally depends on landing a starting post player since we finished the season with zero. Coming in is sweet shooting stretch 4 Bollin, who is technically a post player, but a frosh.

Duke's entire season is 100% dependent on getting a starting post player to transfer in. So right now we're on the edge of our seats like it's the middle of a one and done tournament.


Duke’s roster for next year is now set at 15 schollies. Duke did get a starting post from the portal in Kennedy Brown. 6’6 and a starter at OrSt, she should slip right into the starting lineup alongside returners Shy Day-Wilson, Celeste Taylor, Elizabeth Balogun and frosh Ashlon Jackson. Duke has backups at all positions and are now loaded with PF options. Still lacking solid scoring from outside and in the paint. But Duke met the most basic need of post defenders and shored up outside defenses as well.

I’m not looking forward to the season and seeing if Coach Kara can keep the team playing together through the whole season. At least this year, a majority of the team has been together for a year. And none of the post players has to overcome the stink of playing for JPM. This is the first year almost all the players are chosen by Kara. The ball is firmly in her court.

This is also the year Coach Kara has to get a good post player out of high school to name Duke as their #1 destination. If this team is going to climb back into the elite and stay there, this is the year. We should know the answer this season. Does Kara have the coaching chops at a P5 school? Duke fans waiting in anticipation. Over a decade of decline, we are HUNGRY to return. We now have the players that will give us the chance to land top players. Time to get it done.



_________________
Follow your passion and your life will be true down to your core.

~rAf
Conway Gamecock



Joined: 23 Jan 2015
Posts: 1605
Location: Here


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/22 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm excited to see how South Carolina handles being the king of the hill, and defending their national title - something they really haven't much experience with. Their first title, they lost 60% of their starting unit in Coates, Gray, and Davis, and despite returning top player A'ja Wilson, they didn't really have enough depth to make a valid run beyond what they actually accomplished (Elite Eight appearance).

For 22-23, they lost Henderson, but return 80% of their starting unit, plus a handful of talented reserves who are itching to get more minutes themselves. But the target will now be even more stapled to their backs, and it will be interesting to see if the team maintains the same focus after winning it all, compared to the focus they had after losing in the FF the previous season by 1 point........


UK1996



Joined: 03 Sep 2015
Posts: 402



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/05/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m looking forward to seeing how Elzy performs. We have lost our key players but this puts the roster further her preferred framework as opposed to Mitchell’s.



_________________
Kentucky Wildcats, Sky, & Spurs
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin