RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Transfers/Injuries/Sit-Outs/Redshirts 2021-22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPD

PostPosted: 04/30/22 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like 6'4" / 2021 McDonalds All-American Jillian Hollingshead is heading to Tennessee

https://twitter.com/theballoutmedia/status/1520428258373906432

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 04/30/22 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cal Bears add another transfer, Kemery Martín from Utah. https://calbears.com/news/2022/4/29/womens-basketball-cal-signs-guard-kemery-mart-n-for-2022-23.aspx

okstateguy

PostPosted: 04/30/22 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SPD wrote:
Looks like 6'4" / 2021 McDonalds All-American Jillian Hollingshead is heading to Tennessee

Tennessee has been flirting with elite the past couple of seasons, but looks like Harper officially has them back squarely in that category

PostPosted: 04/30/22 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
SPD wrote:

Tennessee has been flirting with elite the past couple of seasons, but looks like Harper officially has them back squarely in that category

New recruits for next year are transfers Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, Jasmine Franklin, and now Jillian Hollingshead; freshmen Justine Pissot and walk-on Edie Darby; and 2 previous starters back from injury, Jordan Horston and Marta Suarez. That's a pretty impressive way to improve your roster in the off-season.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/30/22 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Ebo to ND.

https://www.on3.com/teams/notre-dame-fighting-irish/news/notre-dame-womens-basketball-transfer-portal-center-texas-lauren-ebo/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/30/22 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bendu Yeaney goes to OrSU.

I know Bendu and six others are transferring from Arizona but have there been any announcements of transfers to the program?

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/30/22 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Bendu Yeaney goes to OrSU.

I know Bendu and six others are transferring from Arizona but have there been any announcements of transfers to the program?

No. They're sitting at 9 players for next year.

PostPosted: 04/30/22 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Lauren Ebo to ND.

https://www.on3.com/teams/notre-dame-fighting-irish/news/notre-dame-womens-basketball-transfer-portal-center-texas-lauren-ebo/

With Watson, Ebo, and Brown, ND has pretty much filled up it's main needs for next year (although I'd like to have one more, probably a guard who shoots 3s, just for a little more bench depth).

Two posts to replace Dodson and add depth to the position (and allow time to ease Marshall back into the game from her recovery, if need be), and a true PG to backup Miles? Yes please!

SPD

PostPosted: 04/30/22 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
SPD wrote:

New recruits for next year are transfers Rickea Jackson, Jasmine Powell, Jasmine Franklin, and now Jillian Hollingshead; freshmen Justine Pissot and walk-on Edie Darby; and 2 previous starters back from injury, Jordan Horston and Marta Suarez. That's a pretty impressive way to improve your roster in the off-season.

Concur - Tennessee has made out like a bandit!

okstateguy

PostPosted: 04/30/22 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Owusu to Virginia Tech

https://twitter.com/Raoul_000/status/1520587416523915264

PostPosted: 05/01/22 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

a bit of a surprise. I guess she wants to be the centerpiece without needing to share the glory. Is that an unfair characterization? I mean next year she will share with Kitley.

Howee

PostPosted: 05/01/22 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

a bit of a surprise. I guess she wants to be the centerpiece without needing to share the glory. Is that an unfair characterization? I mean next year she will share with Kitley.

Who knows? That may be a bit of a stretch, but I can see kids like Angel Reese or Shakira Austin preferring to be Bigger Fish in Smaller Ponds, so maybe Ashley, too? And even at that, who's to say that isn't valid or fair reason enough? They'd certainly not be the first college athletes in that category.

Interestingly, tho....I can't think of a P5 collegiate coach who's lost more Big Talent than Brenda over the last few years. These 3 kids have just followed in the path of kids like Shatori, Destiny, Taylor and others. But she's also had kids that have stayed the course AND become wnba stars of varying degree: Toliver, Coleman, Langhorn, Thomas, Hawkins, et al.)

PostPosted: 05/01/22 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kampschroeder to Michigan.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2022/5/1/womens-basketball-kampschroeder-commits-to-womens-basketball.aspx

Howee

PostPosted: 05/01/22 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see Chanaya Pinto, a juco transfer to OR last year, has landed at Penn St.

I liked what I saw of the kid: she played in every game at OR during her only year there, with her minutes decreasing as PaoPao and Rogers came back, but I really liked her defensive hustle.

Though her a/to ratio was slightly negative, and her free throws were abysmally low, she's got a lot of potential. Oughtta be a good fit!

Last edited by Howee on 05/01/22 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/01/22 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

Who knows? That may be a bit of a stretch, but I can see kids like Angel Reese or Shakira Austin preferring to be Bigger Fish in Smaller Ponds, so maybe Ashley, too? And even at that, who's to say that isn't valid or fair reason enough? They'd certainly not be the first college athletes in that category.

Interestingly, tho....I can't think of a P5 collegiate coach who's lost more Big Talent than Brenda over the last few years. These 3 kids have just followed in the path of kids like Shatori, Destiny, Taylor and others. But she's also had kids that have stayed the course AND become wnba stars of varying degree: Toliver, Coleman, Langhorn, Thomas, Hawkins, et al.)

I could be wrong, but ISTM that Brenda has lot more big talent in recent years than she used to, and I'm wondering if she might be recruiting without consideration to how the individual players will fit together, or into her program. Which also makes me wonder, does she have a specific program? Many coaches have a way they want things done on and off court, an attitude towards not only basketball but school and life, if you will.Pat Summitt was pretty strict about the way her players behaved on and off the court, and you had to be all in. I remember a few players who ran afoul of that and it wasn't real pleasant for them for a few minutes. But those who stayed became successful. I'm pretty sure Tara and Dawn are pretty much the same, as are others, especially long-time successful coaches. Most of them seem to give some pretty serious consideration to how players are going to fit into the program. Brenda has had so much drama and so many big time transfers with hers lately that she's beginning to remind me of Holly Warlick.

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

I could be wrong, but ISTM that Brenda has lot more big talent in recent years than she used to, and I'm wondering if she might be recruiting without consideration to how the individual players will fit together, or into her program. Which also makes me wonder, does she have a specific program? Many coaches have a way they want things done on and off court, an attitude towards not only basketball but school and life, if you will.Pat Summitt was pretty strict about the way her players behaved on and off the court, and you had to be all in. I remember a few players who ran afoul of that and it wasn't real pleasant for them for a few minutes. But those who stayed became successful. I'm pretty sure Tara and Dawn are pretty much the same, as are others, especially long-time successful coaches. Most of them seem to give some pretty serious consideration to how players are going to fit into the program. Brenda has had so much drama and so many big time transfers with hers lately that she's beginning to remind me of Holly Warlick. Sorry, Maryland fans.

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

I could be wrong, but ISTM that Brenda has lost more big talent in recent years than she used to, and I'm wondering if she might be recruiting without consideration to how the individual players will fit together, or into her program. Which also makes me wonder, does she have a specific program? Many coaches have a way they want things done on and off court, an attitude towards not only basketball but school and life, if you will. Pat Summitt was pretty strict about the way her players behaved on and off the court, and you had to be all in. I remember a few players who ran afoul of that and it wasn't real pleasant for them for a few. But those who stayed became successful. I'm pretty sure Tara and Dawn are pretty much the same, as are others, especially long-time successful coaches. Most of them seem to give some pretty serious consideration to how players are going to fit into the program. Brenda has had so much drama and so many big time transfers with hers lately that she's beginning to remind me of Holly Warlick. Sorry, Maryland fans.

PostPosted: 05/01/22 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

Shatori is one of the those that stayed at Maryland until the end. Lexi Brown, Jenna Stati, and Natasha Cloud all transfer from Maryland.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/01/22 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Abby Prohaska from ND to San Diego State. Didn't see that coming - the SDSU, I knew she was in the portal.

https://twitter.com/abbyproha/status/1520845248599101443?s=21&t=fBRJq5ZkFPmh8lcV35KtZg

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Milks26

PostPosted: 05/01/22 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
okstateguy wrote:
Owusu to Virginia Tech

Not really. A lot of the "stars" are taking their talents back home or closer to home this year.

She'll be alright. Reese is the last one still standing.

PostPosted: 05/01/22 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Fields to Arizona official per her twitter.

PostPosted: 05/01/22 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
Shatori is one of the those that stayed at Maryland until the end. Lexi Brown, Jenna Stati, and Natasha Cloud all transfer from Maryland.

Indeed. Thank you. (I always confused the 2 girls - Shatori and Lexi - don't know why Razz )

PostPosted: 05/01/22 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shalexxus Aaron to OrSU from USC via Texas Southern and Syracuse. Getting to see the whole country in one college career. And she's still listed as a Junior Shocked

Howee

PostPosted: 05/01/22 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shalexxus Aaron to OrSU from USC via Texas Southern and Syracuse. Getting to see the whole country in one college career. And she's still listed as a Junior Shocked

(....isn't that a combo name? Of Shatori and Lexi?? No wonder I get confused so easily!)

PostPosted: 05/02/22 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Per @Raoul

Lehigh WBB grad transfer Emma Grothaus (6-3 SR forward, Mahtomedi, MN) has announced her commitment to Washington. 2021-22 stats: 12.6 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 55 blocks; second-team All–Patriot League

Side note: I see that Koi Love is going to Southern Cal. She should've stayed at Vandy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 30 of 34

Jump to: