RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Women's College Basketball Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2022-23

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milks26

PostPosted: 04/04/22 9:08 am    ::: Women's College Basketball Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2022-23 Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33655740/women-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2022-23

Last edited by Milks26 on 04/04/22 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 04/04/22 9:12 am    ::: Re: Women's College Basketball Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2022 Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/henderson-s-scoring-outburst-lifts-gamecocks-to-title/ar-AAVPbwK?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5c77d04a935343b1bd5b19d9668a96bd

I don’t think this is the link that you meant to post.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 04/04/22 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/33655740/women-college-basketball-way-too-early-top-25-2022-23

PostPosted: 04/04/22 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is, of course, something of a joke, as ESPN really has no clue what next year is going to look like. They should at least wait until September when things are a little more settled. Geez. This is the same old tripe we have to put up with every year. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 04/04/22 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yikes! Charlie Creme didn’t bother mentioning Ashlyn Watkins going to South Carolina.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/22 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Consider the source---Charlie Creme, after all. He didn't even pay attention to who's going where next year.

PostPosted: 04/04/22 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know it says it's way too early, but it is WAY too early. Between transfers in, transfers out, transfers shaking it all about, COVID years taken or not taken, injuries/other health issues, the continuing turn of the coaching carousel, and at least three of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse riding about in this crazy world, it might be a little too early to assume anything

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/22 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I know it says it's way too early, but it is WAY too early. Between transfers in, transfers out, transfers shaking it all about, COVID years taken or not taken, injuries/other health issues, the continuing turn of the coaching carousel, and at least three of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse riding about in this crazy world, it might be a little too early to assume anything

It might be a LOT too early, and maybe Charlie should just go sit in a corner and shut up until September at least.

PostPosted: 04/04/22 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m going in on the way way way early and say that the Tar Heels will be in the Final Four next year*

*this prediction is BULL and VOID should one or more of the following occur: the coach of said team retire or take another position other than head coach of said team; any player on said team retire or transfer to another team; any player on said team acquires an injury a) during the off season, b) during the preseason leading up to the start of games, c) during pre conference competition, d) anytime during conference play); the season is cancelled; the 4th Horseman begins his ride.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 04/04/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He/ESPN should wait until the transfer portal deadline - May 1. Then it would be a bit more fun to speculate how all of the new pieces fit together.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/04/22 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme is paid to write ranking and other columns, so he'll do so as often as ESPN is willing to publish them: pre-season, in-season, post-season, pre-portal, post-portal, etc. It's his job. He does it.
mercfan

PostPosted: 04/04/22 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame to me is top 5, potentially vying for a 1 seed. I think Olivia Miles and Citron take that kind of jump.

Iowa State is a step above Iowa.

UConn at 2? I’m not sure about that.

Obviously it’s early people. That shouldn’t even have to be said. But you’re clicking and discussing it so who won?

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/04/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Notre Dame to me is top 5, potentially vying for a 1 seed. I think Olivia Miles and Citron take that kind of jump.

Obviously it’s early people. That shouldn’t even have to be said. But you’re clicking and discussing it so who won?

Nobody won.

(now with spelling variations)
mercfan

PostPosted: 04/04/22 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Nobody won.

ESPN does if you click the link lol.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/05/22 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You don't have to take it seriously but just sit back and enjoy. At least it is something to talk about in the off season.

Gamecock1

PostPosted: 04/06/22 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
This is, of course, something of a joke, as ESPN really has no clue what next year is going to look like. They should at least wait until September when things are a little more settled. Geez. This is the same old tripe we have to put up with every year. Rolling Eyes
He made it clear that is what "as it stands now". I agree with his assessment as of now. It's going to change but Creme makes this update many, many times over the year to reflect those changes.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/06/22 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm old enough to remember when people complained women's basketball got too little coverage.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/06/22 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm old enough to remember when people complained women's basketball got too little coverage.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/06/22 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Transfer Portal.

PostPosted: 04/10/22 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

T
H
A
N
K

Y
O
U

Some people just love to bitch, no matter what. Every sports league does this and I like it.

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/10/22 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
He/ESPN should wait until the transfer portal deadline - May 1. Then it would be a bit more fun to speculate how all of the new pieces fit together.

May 1st is just the date you have to be in the portal to guarantee you will play next year (assuming you sign with another school), you can still transfer after May 1st and still petition to play next year or if you don't care about sitting out transfer after May 1st and sit out next year. IF you want to push this back to a time when rosters will be more finalized it should be July or August when schools are starting are getting ready to start.

With that said I don't see the problem with writing it after the National Championship game, sure there are unknowns, but there are unknowns that can happen at all times, as we say this year many players were injured and transferred during the season and even last off season people were entering the transfer portal throughout the summer. So what's wrong with writing something to garner interest for next season now and perhaps even getting some people interested in next season now.

Milks26

PostPosted: 04/10/22 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Some people just love to bitch, no matter what. Every sports league does this and I like it.

Maybe their was ranked low. But like you said this type of way way to early list is not new at all for all sports known to man or their respective leagues

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: