RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

CVS - Still on Leave

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 7207



Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/22 7:22 pm    ::: CVS - Still on Leave Reply Reply with quote

She has a return date of June 15, 2022. I'm thinking that there's going to be players leaving. They aren't going to want to wait that long to know where they're playing next year.

Quote:
Legendary Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer has been on an extended paid leave since last April — and some of the players and parents of the Rutgers' women's basketball team told the Bergen Record this week they feel deceived by her absence.


https://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/rutgers-basketball-coach-stringer-out-paid-leave-1-year

There's also an article in USA Today, but it's for subscribers only.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2022/03/29/vivian-stringer-womens-basketball-coach-rutgers-university-absence-big-ten/7205212001/?gnt-cfr=1



_________________
"Our democracy is designed to speak truth to power." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"If this guy can be Senator, you can do anything." — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17081
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's terrible of me, but is anyone else getting Weekend at Bernie's vibes?



_________________
Tartamella delenda est.
okstateguy



Joined: 18 Feb 2021
Posts: 236
Location: Oklahoma


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/29/22 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All good things come to an end, and this is most likely Stringer's. I believed it then, and I believe it now, she should not have taken the new contract and almost immediately taken her leave of absence. She had to have known the leave of absence was coming, and should have chosen to be 100% transparent as to why or retire.



_________________
okstateguy
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/30/22 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She really needs to pee or get off the pot. She's damn near as old as I am, and I'm bordering on ancient now.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
mzonefan



Joined: 15 Oct 2005
Posts: 4515
Location: Ann Arbor, MI


Back to top
PostPosted: 03/31/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It's terrible of me, but is anyone else getting Weekend at Bernie's vibes?


She’s alive but supported by two others in this recent picture.

https://twitter.com/coachka20/status/1508474281109372937?s=21&t=yITXa4e8_YYNwgmNT9-56g


PG4ever



Joined: 14 May 2020
Posts: 219



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/22 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She really needs to pee or get off the pot. She's damn near as old as I am, and I'm bordering on ancient now.


Not as old as Coach K. Give her another year Smile


Durantula



Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 5085



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/22 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her program is in bad shape and only getting worse and she is just staying away indefinitely, being paid her full salary, not communicating with her players? How is this not a bigger deal?


FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 3136



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd bet the LOA is due to health problems, either her own or a family member's, and she may not have been able to predict the course of the illness or delays in treatment. I don't think requiring "100% transparency" about health issues or concluding she's "just staying away indefinitely" is appropriate. However, I concede the non-communication with players is a big problem that should have been managed better.


Howee



Joined: 27 Nov 2009
Posts: 14514
Location: OREGON (in my heart)


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/22 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'd bet the LOA is due to health problems, either her own or a family member's, and she may not have been able to predict the course of the illness or delays in treatment. I don't think requiring "100% transparency" about health issues or concluding she's "just staying away indefinitely" is appropriate. However, I concede the non-communication with players is a big problem that should have been managed better.

Yeah, this....^
I'm suspecting the possibility of a decline in her mental acuity; I always enjoyed listening to some of her (at times) convoluted philosophies. But she also seemed so invested in and aware of her legacy at Rutgers. This disappearing routine is NOT helping.



_________________
Oregon: Go Ducks!
"Inévitablement, les canards voleront"
okstateguy



Joined: 18 Feb 2021
Posts: 236
Location: Oklahoma


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/01/22 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'd bet the LOA is due to health problems, either her own or a family member's, and she may not have been able to predict the course of the illness or delays in treatment. I don't think requiring "100% transparency" about health issues or concluding she's "just staying away indefinitely" is appropriate. However, I concede the non-communication with players is a big problem that should have been managed better.

Yeah, this....^
I'm suspecting the possibility of a decline in her mental acuity; I always enjoyed listening to some of her (at times) convoluted philosophies. But she also seemed so invested in and aware of her legacy at Rutgers. This disappearing routine is NOT helping.


The players are the ones she needed to be 100% transparent with. "Hey I am taking a LOA for a medical reason", "Hey I am extending my LOA due to complications or developments with this medical condition", "Hey, due to the nature of the LOA, there is a possibility you may not be playing directly under Stringer this year". She chose to hide information(her right), but in doing so intentionally misled players by not updating them, and robbed recruits and current players of information needed to make the best decision for their future.



_________________
okstateguy
summertime blues



Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 6930
Location: Shenandoah Valley


Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/22 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'd bet the LOA is due to health problems, either her own or a family member's, and she may not have been able to predict the course of the illness or delays in treatment. I don't think requiring "100% transparency" about health issues or concluding she's "just staying away indefinitely" is appropriate. However, I concede the non-communication with players is a big problem that should have been managed better.

Yeah, this....^
I'm suspecting the possibility of a decline in her mental acuity; I always enjoyed listening to some of her (at times) convoluted philosophies. But she also seemed so invested in and aware of her legacy at Rutgers. This disappearing routine is NOT helping.


The players are the ones she needed to be 100% transparent with. "Hey I am taking a LOA for a medical reason", "Hey I am extending my LOA due to complications or developments with this medical condition", "Hey, due to the nature of the LOA, there is a possibility you may not be playing directly under Stringer this year". She chose to hide information(her right), but in doing so intentionally misled players by not updating them, and robbed recruits and current players of information needed to make the best decision for their future.


Yup. This.



_________________
Don't take life so serious. It ain't nohows permanent.
It takes 3 years to build a team and 7 to build a program.--Conventional Wisdom
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 3136



Back to top
PostPosted: 04/02/22 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She did tell everyone in November that she would be gone for the entire season, and NCAA rules prohibited her from having contact with the team after that. She's being paid because she's using accumulated sick time.

https://www.onthebanks.com/2021/11/9/22771264/c-vivian-stringer-will-miss-the-2021-2022-season-rutgers-womens-basketball-tim-eatman-big-ten


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin