RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

CVS - Still on Leave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/22 7:22 pm    ::: CVS - Still on Leave Reply Reply with quote

She has a return date of June 15, 2022. I'm thinking that there's going to be players leaving. They aren't going to want to wait that long to know where they're playing next year.

Quote:
Legendary Rutgers women's basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer has been on an extended paid leave since last April — and some of the players and parents of the Rutgers' women's basketball team told the Bergen Record this week they feel deceived by her absence.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/newbrunswick/rutgers-basketball-coach-stringer-out-paid-leave-1-year

There's also an article in USA Today, but it's for subscribers only.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2022/03/29/vivian-stringer-womens-basketball-coach-rutgers-university-absence-big-ten/7205212001/?gnt-cfr=1

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Queenie

PostPosted: 03/29/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's terrible of me, but is anyone else getting Weekend at Bernie's vibes?

(now with spelling variations)
okstateguy

PostPosted: 03/29/22 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All good things come to an end, and this is most likely Stringer's. I believed it then, and I believe it now, she should not have taken the new contract and almost immediately taken her leave of absence. She had to have known the leave of absence was coming, and should have chosen to be 100% transparent as to why or retire.

PostPosted: 03/30/22 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She really needs to pee or get off the pot. She's damn near as old as I am, and I'm bordering on ancient now.

PostPosted: 03/31/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
It's terrible of me, but is anyone else getting Weekend at Bernie's vibes?

She’s alive but supported by two others in this recent picture.

https://twitter.com/coachka20/status/1508474281109372937?s=21&t=yITXa4e8_YYNwgmNT9-56g

PG4ever

PostPosted: 04/01/22 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
She really needs to pee or get off the pot. She's damn near as old as I am, and I'm bordering on ancient now.

Not as old as Coach K. Give her another year Smile

Durantula

PostPosted: 04/01/22 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her program is in bad shape and only getting worse and she is just staying away indefinitely, being paid her full salary, not communicating with her players? How is this not a bigger deal?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/01/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd bet the LOA is due to health problems, either her own or a family member's, and she may not have been able to predict the course of the illness or delays in treatment. I don't think requiring "100% transparency" about health issues or concluding she's "just staying away indefinitely" is appropriate. However, I concede the non-communication with players is a big problem that should have been managed better.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/01/22 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I'd bet the LOA is due to health problems, either her own or a family member's, and she may not have been able to predict the course of the illness or delays in treatment. I don't think requiring "100% transparency" about health issues or concluding she's "just staying away indefinitely" is appropriate. However, I concede the non-communication with players is a big problem that should have been managed better.

Yeah, this....^
I'm suspecting the possibility of a decline in her mental acuity; I always enjoyed listening to some of her (at times) convoluted philosophies. But she also seemed so invested in and aware of her legacy at Rutgers. This disappearing routine is NOT helping.

PostPosted: 04/01/22 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Yeah, this....^
I'm suspecting the possibility of a decline in her mental acuity; I always enjoyed listening to some of her (at times) convoluted philosophies. But she also seemed so invested in and aware of her legacy at Rutgers. This disappearing routine is NOT helping.

The players are the ones she needed to be 100% transparent with. "Hey I am taking a LOA for a medical reason", "Hey I am extending my LOA due to complications or developments with this medical condition", "Hey, due to the nature of the LOA, there is a possibility you may not be playing directly under Stringer this year". She chose to hide information(her right), but in doing so intentionally misled players by not updating them, and robbed recruits and current players of information needed to make the best decision for their future.

PostPosted: 04/02/22 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

okstateguy wrote:
Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Yeah, this....^

The players are the ones she needed to be 100% transparent with. "Hey I am taking a LOA for a medical reason", "Hey I am extending my LOA due to complications or developments with this medical condition", "Hey, due to the nature of the LOA, there is a possibility you may not be playing directly under Stringer this year". She chose to hide information(her right), but in doing so intentionally misled players by not updating them, and robbed recruits and current players of information needed to make the best decision for their future.

Yup. This.

PostPosted: 04/02/22 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She did tell everyone in November that she would be gone for the entire season, and NCAA rules prohibited her from having contact with the team after that. She's being paid because she's using accumulated sick time.

https://www.onthebanks.com/2021/11/9/22771264/c-vivian-stringer-will-miss-the-2021-2022-season-rutgers-womens-basketball-tim-eatman-big-ten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: