RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 South Dakota vs #3 Michigan - 3/26/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
South Dakota
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Michigan
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 6

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/26/22 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Never realized how uncanny a resemblance Lamb and Korngable have to each other, but they just had them in the same camera shot.

Great, gritty game. I’ll be sad for whichever team loses, they both deserve to make history for their respective programs.

Still hope Michigan pulls it out, admittedly just cuz of Queenie’s passion.

I was hoping Michigan would pull it out too, but I wouldn't have been upset if South Dakota kept going either. That was a hell of a game and a heartbreaker no matter which way the chips fell.

And I mean this as respectfully as possible, but in a one-point game I do not give a shit about anyone's dead brother unless they have literally died on the court in the middle of the game being played at that time. The human interest story was not so much shoehorned in as it was shoved in with a ramrod. Maybe this is the sort of fluff they should be using as filler while they're giving us fake tip times.

(now with spelling variations)
Shades

PostPosted: 03/26/22 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Wow, that was not the play that SD wanted there. Perhaps Michigan defended it well or the 'yotes just didn't execute it.

SD needed a three to tie, so it was a man defense smothering at the three point line, hopefully not fouling the shooter.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Naz just looks like a guard. Supposedly she and Sjerven are both 6'2" but it sure didn't look that way.

Yeah, if only Naz had a couple more inches. She has a wonderful motor but I don't think that will be enough at the next level without more height or the ability to hit shots away from the basket.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Blue. Good night.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/26/22 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Michigan.

And the flop of the game goes to..... Emily Kiser! For drawing Sjerven's fifth "foul." Frustrating way for her to foul out in such a physical game where so much contact went uncalled.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Naz just looks like a guard. Supposedly she and Sjerven are both 6'2" but it sure didn't look that way.

Yeah, if only Naz had a couple more inches. She has a wonderful motor but I don't think that will be enough at the next level without more height or the ability to hit shots away from the basket.

Sjerven is at least one and perhaps two inches taller than Naz, and although their stats were very similar, I'd say Sjerven looked better because she did it in 11 fewer minutes, played a little better defense, and is significantly more versatile as a floor shooter.

In fact, in the tournament I'd say Sjerven outplayed Shakira Austin and NaLyssa Smith significantly, Naz by a little, and, as an ambidextrous low block player with range to the arc, is a more versatile shooter than any of them.

Tough loss for SD. The game could have gone either way.
myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

agree about Hannah. Will be interesting to see what the scouts make of it.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 03/27/22 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Heckuva game....definitely the kind of game nobody deserves to lose. I'd say we've been treated to some really fine games these last few days.

Tough call, but I hadta root for SD....Rebkell 'family' (Hoopsmom) deserves that much. Cool (By the way, Hoopsmom, you and your hubby are a lovely couple - I wish I coulda heard more of your singing.Razz Hannah is certainly privileged to have such great support.)

GREAT fanbase for SD: excellent proof of how many Excellent People occupy the Dakotas. Wink

Not sure I could discern which of the 2 teams ought to fare better against L'ville. We shall see soon enough. Mr. Green

Yeah I was really impressed with the fans from South Dakota - a lot showed up and were very vocal.

I was really torn in this game between rooting for South Dakota as the underdog and rooting for Michigan as I like KBA and because of Michigan fans on this board - mzonefan and Queenie. It was a good game - it was going to be a heartbreaker for one team of course though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: