RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/27/22 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Dolson's PR team is winning the free agency period. Might as well film a docuseries with all the updates her camp is putting out.

Laughing

Meanwhile, total silence from Charles and Russell.

PostPosted: 01/27/22 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Quote:
Chantel Jennings

@ChantelJennings

Unrestricted free agent Stef Dolson has narrowed her choices to New York and Seattle after eliminating Chicago, Vegas and Atlanta as landing spots, per league source.

11:02 AM · Jan 27, 2022·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/ChantelJennings/status/1486731300908187649

Dolson's PR team is winning the free agency period. Might as well film a docuseries with all the updates her camp is putting out.

Wonder if she made this decision last night on her homecourt in Chicago watching UCONN vs Depaul Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/27/22 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

I love it. This period of time is so deadly, as we all sit around and wait till big news is unveiled. Dolson has temporarily put herself in the spotlight. Why not? Smile

As a Liberty fan, I'd be happy to see her join our team.

PostPosted: 01/27/22 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

As a Liberty fan, I'd be happy to see her join our team.

Are you sure, because it should only happen that way if better choices like Stewart, Charles, Hines-Allen, or Russell didn’t pan out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/27/22 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:
Chantel Jennings

@ChantelJennings

Unrestricted free agent Stef Dolson has narrowed her choices to New York and Seattle after eliminating Chicago, Vegas and Atlanta as landing spots, per league source.

Hopefully this doesnt mean that we lose Stewie or Russell Confused Would Dolson want to play backup minutes with Ezi

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/27/22 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Quote:
Chantel Jennings

@ChantelJennings

Hopefully this doesnt mean that we lose Stewie or Russell Confused Would Dolson want to play backup minutes with Ezi

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/27/22 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I bet absolutely no free agency talk is going on among these players. Wink

Quote:
Women’s Hoopz
@WBBWorldWide

USA Training Camp roster:

Ariel Atkins, EDD, Stefanie Dolson, Allisha Gray, Chelsea Gray, Dearica Hamby, Natasha Howard, Sabrina Ionescu, Brionna Jones, Betnijah Laney, Jewell Loyd, Kayla McBride, Angel McCoughtry, Kelsey Mitchell, Kelsey Plum, Breanna Stewart, Alyssa Thomas.

2:57 PM · Jan 27, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

PostPosted: 01/27/22 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Vegas has a loaded roster, they would have been in the same position with or without her.!

With the exception of Jackie Young, every rotation player on the Aces, the year Cambage got there, was on the roster the year before, and they went 14-20.

Guess we will have to wait and see the difference this upcoming season then.

Are you breaking news? Because I am not aware of any reports that Cambage is unwilling to return to Vegas, nor am I aware of any reports that Vegas is unwilling to bring her back.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/27/22 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Vegas has a loaded roster, they would have been in the same position with or without her.!

With the exception of Jackie Young, every rotation player on the Aces, the year Cambage got there, was on the roster the year before, and they went 14-20.

Guess we will have to wait and see the difference this upcoming season then.

Are you breaking news? Because I am not aware of any reports that Cambage is unwilling to return to Vegas, nor am I aware of any reports that Vegas is unwilling to bring her back.

No news, just feel that if Vegas was all that interested in her services, she would have been a priority and signed already!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/27/22 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
No news, just feel that if Vegas was all that interested in her services, she would have been a priority and signed already!

Isn't that, at least partially, up to Liz?

Until such time as Vegas signs a free agent center who is not Liz Cambage, I choose not to believe that they are uninterested in bringing her back.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

Isn't that, at least partially, up to Liz?

Until such time as Vegas signs a free agent center who is not Liz Cambage, I choose not to believe that they are uninterested in bringing her back.

We will see....

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/28/22 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Free agency is a weird game of two-way musical chairs. There is only so much cap space and only a few good players. If the other available centers have already paired off with teams, it may be the case where Cambage and LVA end up as each other's best available option. At that point, a marriage of convenience would not surprise me. However, LVA management is giving off a vibe that at best can be described as lukewarm.

PostPosted: 01/28/22 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Free agency is a weird game of two-way musical chairs. There is only so much cap space and only a few good players. If the other available centers have already paired off with teams, it may be the case where Cambage and LVA end up as each other's best available option. At that point, a marriage of convenience would not surprise me. However, LVA management is giving off a vibe that at best can be described as lukewarm.

Silky won't see it that way though🤫

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/28/22 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why should I? Why should I believe that Vegas is "lukewarm" on signing Cambage, in particular, as opposed to maybe being "lukewarm" on having a true center playing next to Wilson, at all? It's not like we see them making a hard push to sign somebody else.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/28/22 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Free Agency Special Presented By Google Set for ESPN2 on Tuesday, Feb. 1

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/01/wnba-free-agency-special-set-for-espn2-on-tuesday-feb-1/

Quote:
Host LaChina Robinson will be joined by Hall of Famer Rebecca Lobo, former WNBA head coach Carolyn Peck and standout reporter Holly Rowe. The foursome will recap the storylines of the day and offer perspective on how various moves could impact each team and the league overall.

PostPosted: 01/28/22 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MHA to stay with Mystics, per Rachel Galligan.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/28/22 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA Free Agency Special Presented By Google Set for ESPN2 on Tuesday, Feb. 1

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/01/wnba-free-agency-special-set-for-espn2-on-tuesday-feb-1/

Quote:
Host LaChina Robinson will be joined by Hall of Famer Rebecca Lobo, former WNBA head coach Carolyn Peck and standout reporter Holly Rowe. The foursome will recap the storylines of the day and offer perspective on how various moves could impact each team and the league overall.

That sounds really cool. Hopefully they have something to talk about because there hasn't been much noteworthy unless they've been scooped.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/khristina/status/1487168427718426624?s=21
Quote:

.@GrlsTlkSportsTV SOURCES: Angel McCoughtry and the Minnesota Lynx are expected to reach an agreement.

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If this has been posted before, I'm sorry and please ignore this question. At what time on February 1st can announcements begin?

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

.@GrlsTlkSportsTV SOURCES: Angel McCoughtry and the Minnesota Lynx are expected to reach an agreement.

Wild. I guess she has no grudge from those finals losses.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles to....

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/tina-charles-2022-wnba-team/

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Tina Charles to....

https://www.beyondwomenssports.com/tina-charles-2022-wnba-team/

Continue speculating ? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/28/22 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:

Wonder if reeve was able to convince her to take the Vet minimum ? Great move in order to persuade Fowles they can still win a title. As long as Angel is still the same player pre-injury this could work out really well for both parties.

PostPosted: 01/28/22 6:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a couple days old but I haven’t seen anybody talking about it. Similar to the post from Dolson camp.

They’re making her and Dolson sound like they’re in demand when in reality they’re waiting for the last dominoes to fall.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/28/22 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
WomensBasketball247
@womensbball247

Sources mention that the Chicago Sky are working hard to sign an international player (not Astou Ndour-Fall) to join the team.

Any guess on who it may be? Coach Wade has a ton of foreign connections and experience.

https://twitter.com/womensbball247/status/1487187930963656705

People are taking that Tweet and combining it with a comment from recently hired assistant Ann Wauters, who said in a TV interview that she's trying to get Meesseman to join the Sky.

https://then24.com/2022/01/27/video-ann-wauters-trying-very-hard-to-get-emma-meesseman-to-chicago/

https://sporza.be/nl/2022/01/27/ann-wauters-denk-dat-we-50-kans-hebben-om-emma-meesseman-naar-chicago-te-halen~1643315284433/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 8 of 21

Jump to: