RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Syracuse @ #20 Notre Dame - 1/27/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/22 12:46 am    ::: Syracuse @ #20 Notre Dame - 1/27/22 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 6:00 PM ET
TV: ACC Network (Jenn Hildreth, Debbie Antonelli )

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=a3893a38-3e5e-4aad-b162-fafd337e9c8f (tvpli)

Audio:
https://und.com/radio

Live stats:
http://www.statbroadcast.com/events/statmonitr.php?gid=nd

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/27/22 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

39-31 ND at the half.

Cuse killing ND on turnovers, but shooting poorly from 3 and getting out rebounded by a bunch.

SPD

PostPosted: 01/27/22 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND wins 83 - 62 over the Orange with a big 4th quarter (30 pts)! The super frosh both started! Miles was one assist short of a triple double (10, 9, 17 pts). Citron also had a double double (12 boards and 13 pts). Teisha Hyman had 22 for Syracuse.

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/27/22 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Found an interesting post game stat.

The leading scorer for this team is now Miles with 12.7 ppg (it was Westbeld before the game, but she's now 3rd on the team in scoring). The FIFTH leading scorer for this team is Citron with 11.3 ppg.

So basically, ND's top 5 scorers (who also happened to be their starters for this game), are all averaging within 1.4 ppg of each other. (Brunelle is currently at 8.0 ppg, FWIW).

And ND is 11th in the Nation (1st in the ACC) in assists with 18.3 apg.

Have fun figuring out who to stop with that group. Wink

A team will have to be able to cover all of them (some could).

SPD

PostPosted: 01/27/22 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:
Found an interesting post game stat.

The leading scorer for this team is now Miles with 12.7 ppg (it was Westbeld before the game, but she's now 3rd on the team in scoring). The FIFTH leading scorer for this team is Citron with 11.3 ppg.

So basically, ND's top 5 scorers (who also happened to be their starters for this game), are all averaging within 1.4 ppg of each other. (Brunelle is currently at 8.0 ppg, FWIW).

And ND is 11th in the Nation (1st in the ACC) in assists with 18.3 apg.

A team will have to be able to cover all of them (some could).

I'll be interested in ND this season and the next few, if only for Miles and Citron.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/28/22 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CBiebel wrote:

SIX players in double figures tonight, at 17, 15, 13, 13, 12, 10, and the top 4 of those all were 50% or better from the floor.

They certainly need to clean up the 23 turnovers, but the impact of that was significantly reduced by committing only a total of 8 fouls for the game ( so that 'Cuse only shot TWO free throws, making one.).

ND also had a whopping 2:1 rebounding advantage, 58 to 29.

SPD wrote:

I'll be interested in ND this season and the next few, if only for Miles and Citron.

Remember, Westbeld is only a sophomore and was ACC freshman of the year last year. Indeed, if I understand the Covid rule, last year shouldn't count on eligibility, right? So she should have three more years to play, if she wants, just like Miles and Citron, I think. That's a pretty good core to build around.

SPD

PostPosted: 01/28/22 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
CBiebel wrote:

SIX players in double figures tonight, at 17, 15, 13, 13, 12, 10, and the top 4 of those all were 50% or better from the floor.

They certainly need to clean up the 23 turnovers, but the impact of that was significantly reduced by committing only a total of 8 fouls for the game ( so that 'Cuse only shot TWO free throws, making one.).

ND also had a whopping 2:1 rebounding advantage, 58 to 29.

SPD wrote:

Remember, Westbeld is only a sophomore and was ACC freshman of the year last year. Indeed, if I understand the Covid rule, last year shouldn't count on eligibility, right? So she should have three more years to play, if she wants, just like Miles and Citron, I think. That's a pretty good core to build around.

I look forward to it! Miles/Citron/Westbeld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: