View previous topic :: View next topic  
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/16/22 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth:

Quote:
Tweet

WomensBasketball247
@womensbball247

Sources confirm that Unrestricted Free agent Stefanie Dolson has narrowed her landing spot down to four teams. Chicago, New York, Atlanta and Vegas.

PostPosted: 01/17/22 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know that a lot of teams are lusting after the top quality UFA this year. But the problem that a lot of teams have is that they don't have to salary cap space to recruit these free agents.
The GMs will seriously have to put on their thinking hats to figure out how to trade away some of their guaranteed contracts to make room for better talent.
If Dallas, LA, or Phoenix want to get some upgrades in talent, then GMs will have to do more than sit on the toilet and think about it. 🚽😀

PostPosted: 01/18/22 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
For what it's worth:

Quote:
Tweet

WomensBasketball247
@womensbball247

Sources confirm that Unrestricted Free agent Stefanie Dolson has narrowed her landing spot down to four teams. Chicago, New York, Atlanta and Vegas.

She wants to party in a big city Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/18/22 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I know that a lot of teams are lusting after the top quality UFA this year. But the problem that a lot of teams have is that they don't have to salary cap space to recruit these free agents.
The GMs will seriously have to put on their thinking hats to figure out how to trade away some of their guaranteed contracts to make room for better talent.
If Dallas, LA, or Phoenix want to get some upgrades in talent, then GMs will have to do more than sit on the toilet and think about it. 🚽😀

It seems to me the effects of this CBA are becoming even more pronounced. More supermax players means more rookie contracts and more midrange veterans without a spot.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/18/22 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think big posts will still get there money maybe less then before for a Dolson or a Plaisance but there is always going to be a spot for a decent post with size

the players who I think are going to find it harder to get into six figures and might even have to be looking at vet minimum or slightly more are the guard/wings of a certain age who still have value but maybe not as much financial opportunity as a couple of seasons ago. were not going to see another Hartley in the 180k range

I am thinking of players like
Banham
Holmes
January
Sims
Walker-Kimbrough
Stricklen
R. Williams
even RFA like aren't going to get a big pay day
Canada
Nurse
L. Brown
or reserved players might just have to except their QO
Allen
T. Copper
Carelton
Peddy
and so on

I am definitely interested to see how the market plays out for Hayes, Clarendon or C. Williams I could see them all do pretty well but maybe not as well as they thought

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/19/22 3:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw that someone tweeted that the Sky offered Baybay a multiyear deal.
So this means DeShields is gone or Allie is retiring and they need a new shooter?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
craigmont

PostPosted: 01/19/22 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who TF is Baybay?

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/19/22 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
Who TF is Baybay?

Riquna Williams

PostPosted: 01/19/22 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I saw that someone tweeted that the Sky offered Baybay a multiyear deal.
So this means DeShields is gone or Allie is retiring and they need a new shooter?

I was shocked when I saw this yesterday but apparently it is not quite true: https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1483520072606011398?cxt=HHwWjMC-jazpwpYpAAAA

Still discussions are definitely happening. I like Bay but really want to see Sloot, Quigs and Diamond back. I'm hoping this is just a contingency. Many folks seem to think Diamond will probably be with another team though. I just hope she really finds her game and confidence on the floor.

Has anyone heard anything concrete about Olaf leaving the Sky to join Sandy in NY?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/19/22 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
craigmont wrote:
Who TF is Baybay?

Riquna Williams

Aka 22 shots Phew Phew Phew

PostPosted: 01/19/22 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

Has anyone heard anything concrete about Olaf leaving the Sky to join Sandy in NY?

Brondello said that the NY coaching staff would be announced last week, but obviously it didn't happen. A couple of her Phoenix assistants are being considered for the head coaching job. My guess is that Sandy is waiting to see if one of them gets the position. If not, then one or both might be invited to join her in NY. Sandy has been asked specifically about Olaf but has dodged the question.

PostPosted: 01/19/22 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Brondello said that the NY coaching staff would be announced last week, but obviously it didn't happen. A couple of her Phoenix assistants are being considered for the head coaching job. My guess is that Sandy is waiting to see if one of them gets the position. If not, then one or both might be invited to join her in NY. Sandy has been asked specifically about Olaf but has dodged the question.

Ok gotcha! Thx!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 01/20/22 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2022/1/17/22888362/courtney-vandersloots-return-to-the-sky-isnt-a-sure-thing

There’s nothing wrong with fielding offers, however I fully expect her to resign with Chicago.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/20/22 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, Dolson visiting Las Vegas today.

Cambage spotted in Washington yesterday:

https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1483855454266667013/photo/1

Liz in DC would be really interesting.

PostPosted: 01/20/22 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't want Cambage to sign with Washington.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/20/22 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if she traveled to Washington from Atl.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/20/22 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond DeShields’ future with the Sky is in question

Aahttps://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2022/1/20/22893420/diamond-deshields-future-with-the-sky-is-in-question

Quote:
Deshields’ free agency status is fluid right now. Her agent, Mike Cound said DeShields has taken meetings with half the league via zoom and has narrowed it down to three serious contenders as of Thursday

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/20/22 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Diamond DeShields’ future with the Sky is in question

Aahttps://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2022/1/20/22893420/diamond-deshields-future-with-the-sky-is-in-question

Quote:
Deshields’ free agency status is fluid right now. Her agent, Mike Cound said DeShields has taken meetings with half the league via zoom and has narrowed it down to three serious contenders as of Thursday

I think this is the most obvious of potential losses the Sky will have to take. Diamond had a tough year last year and was passed by Copper quickly. Wishing her the best of luck but I don't see the team needing her back.

PostPosted: 01/20/22 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sources have informed @winsidr that the Atlanta Dream have not been in discussion with Diamond DeShields

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1484268174673469443?s=21

PostPosted: 01/20/22 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Quote:
Sources have informed @winsidr that the Atlanta Dream have not been in discussion with Diamond DeShields

https://twitter.com/rachgall/status/1484268174673469443?s=21

Fools rather have megan walker Laughing Laughing Laughing

I see Diamond headed to Vegas

PostPosted: 01/20/22 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I for one must say although im retired again once the season starts im very proud of the W having more eyes and ears and articles regarding free agency this season. Back in 1997-2010 we never heard about possible deals or considerations during free agency . This is a step forward Cool Cool

PostPosted: 01/20/22 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, Cambage went from DC yesterday to supposedly NYC today. Don't recognize the street or train station, but it does look New Yorkish.

https://twitter.com/WomensHoopz/status/1484348212324421633/photo/1

Edit: I love playing detective, so I tracked down the A.P.C. store. It's the one at 131 Mercer Street. Smile So yes, Liz was here.

Last edited by root_thing on 01/20/22 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 01/20/22 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Liz a lot but I don't see Washington or NY wanting to disrupt what they've got to take her on. She's high risk, medium reward. NY could be interesting but I just don't see her fitting well with that roster.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like her being in the league. Someone please convince her to sign & play this season. I don't care which team, as long as it isn't Phoenix.

PostPosted: 01/21/22 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given the repeated breakdowns of her relationship with Basketball Australia, ending up with the team that just hired the Opals head coach would seem like an unlikely union. But I have long since learned that pretty much anything is possible with Liz.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21

Jump to: