Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/20/21 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
The problem for Indiana with getting the #2 Pick is, assuming the keeper of the #1 Pick takes Rhyne Howard, NaLyssa Smith won't be able to contribute as a desperately-needed 3PT floor spacer from the 4 spot. While they at least avoided receiving the dreaded #3 Pick, they could really benefit from infusing some 3PT talent into their roster. But that'll now have to get addressed during free agency, cuz they better not use that as an excuse to draft someone other than Smith.

They will draft Joens. The Stranger Things opening theme music is playing in the background.๐Ÿ˜„

And sadly, that's not out of the question...

Guess it's time to wonder which free agent SFs out there they may try to sign. A 3PT-shooting sniper Aussie like Allen or Talbot would be well-received. Cunningham is probably even more available now than she was before Brondello was let go. DeShields isn't a great shooter, but she might just be worth the risk. Copper might be able to be courted if Chicago doesn't core her.

J-Spoon wrote:
Washington's roster is expensive they will have to make some tough decision and will still struggle to get to 11 players. If they are not in love with Howard maybe Indy could swap #2 and #10 for #1 might work. Washington gets two rookie deals for the price of one, Smith seems like a better fit with EDD than Howard does. I could also see Mike T liking Joens at 2 and going post at 10.

NGL, I don't see a whole lot of value of these picks past #8, but Thibault might just pull the trigger on it anyway since the Mystics don't have any other picks in this Draft and he could spot one of his classic hidden gems. So, maybe.

Last edited by Stormeo on 01/19/22 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
shontay33

PostPosted: 12/21/21 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
As I said in the free agent thread:

Are CWill and Bradford a couple? Just thinking...the two of them together would instantly make Indiana into a real team. Add in the draft pick and they should be off and running.

We already have Kelsey and Tiffany Mitchell who both are scorers. We don't need Williams and Bradford. Besides, it would not be a good look at this point to have them on a young roster. (See Atl)

If we choose not to re sign Vivians, then Deshields is going to be available in
FA unless Chicago decides to match.

I do think that Chicago will not be able to resign Deshields so if Indy wants, they may be able to sign her without giving up their pick. When focused, Deshields can be good on both ends of the floor and in my opinion would be a good fit on the wing for Indy if Catchings decides to move on from Vivians.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/21/21 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree Diamond could be a good fit for Indy. Would she be willing to play for a 'bad' team? Maybe, because she could become one of the stars there. I think she would like that idea. There's always a balance between being a big fish in a (relatively) small pond, or being a cog in a championship run. Now that she has a ring, maybe she is willing to go the other way.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/21/21 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana also might be willing to pay her more than anywhere else. God knows they overpaid Lavender and DRob - at least there'd be potential upside to DeShields that was never there with those two.

I think you'd want to try to make sure Washington like Howard more than Smith before making that move, though. Don't want to pay DeShields lots of money and then have her and Howard blocking each other for minutes at the 3.

PostPosted: 01/01/22 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

False Alarm

PostPosted: 01/06/22 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana has re-signed Chelsey Perry.

Excited to see the team making big waves in free agency.

https://fever.wnba.com/news/fever-sign-chelsey-perry-2022/

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/06/22 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.fiba.basketball/euroleaguewomen/21-22/news/which-euroleague-women-players-took-their-game-to-the-next-level-in-2021

Bernadette Hatar having a nice season overseas. To those who know more than me -- any chance she comes back for this season? Thought she had potential and a nice contrast to McCowan.

PostPosted: 01/18/22 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coherent planning and organisation continues in Indiana: https://fever.wnba.com/news/fever-waive-kysre-gondrezick/

PostPosted: 01/18/22 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Coherent planning and organisation continues in Indiana: https://fever.wnba.com/news/fever-waive-kysre-gondrezick/

Stay Woke Catch Shocked Shocked Two of the last 3 drafts top 5 picks...Genius Laughing Laughing If im a rookie this year im praying Indiana Does not draft me you got 1 to 2 years and your gone Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/18/22 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Stay Woke Catch Shocked Shocked Two of the last 3 drafts top 5 picks...Genius Laughing Laughing If im a rookie this year im praying Indiana Does not draft me you got 1 to 2 years and your gone Laughing Laughing

Catchings needs a new job.๐Ÿ™„

PostPosted: 01/18/22 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone else find themselves feeling a bit sorry for Gondrezick? Like, surely she's read/heard what people think about her having been drafted so high. It's not her fault she went in the lottery, but now she's the butt of a joke because of it. It also seems like she had a really rough year mental health wise last year. Just want her to find success, whatever that means for her.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 01/18/22 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Does anyone else find themselves feeling a bit sorry for Gondrezick? Like, surely she's read/heard what people think about her having been drafted so high. It's not her fault she went in the lottery, but now she's the butt of a joke because of it. It also seems like she had a really rough year mental health wise last year. Just want her to find success, whatever that means for her.

I think a team with veteran presence would be really good for her. Maybe a team like Seattle, Phoenix, or Connecticut will give her a look.

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 01/19/22 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/19/22 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Yeah, I feel the same way.
It's a shame that it is usually the player who ends up being stigmatised as a bust in that situation, when it should be the people who bungled the selection.

PostPosted: 01/19/22 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I loved Catchings as a player, I hate that she has so many terrible decisions attached to her name. The Lauren Cox waive is the most puzzling to me. She had been very highly touted since high school through college, was drafted in the lottery, missed her rookie training camp due too contracting Covid so she starts from behind on a terrible team, then gets injured only to be waived in her second season. Itโ€™s talked about on here all the time how post players usually take three seasons to develop. In the NBA some teams have a mandatory play off order, while some owners want to see improvement etc. Indiana is starting to remind me of the Sacramento Kings. A couple of years ago the Kings had the chance to draft a franchise changing player in Luka Doncic but went with Marvin Bagley who canโ€™t get off the bench. That lottery was stacked and they could have screwed the pick up and still walked away with an All Star. The next pick has been 1st team All NBA 2 of his first 3 seasons. The pick, 3 picks later is already an All Star. The team with the longest active playoff drought and well known play off order. It seems as if Catch is desperate to make some amazing move and is ignoring the basics of just draft the best player and develop. I donโ€™t know the happenings in a WNBA office, but I assume it isnโ€™t just Catch and there is a whole team around her that needs a major shake up. When you have a lottery pick you take the best player available and figure it out later regardless of need.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/19/22 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/20/22 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch made it really fun to the a Fever fan when she played, but she is making it really hard to be one now.

The team has to find a way to move on. It would be tough to out-and-out fire her, but maybe there is someway to move her around the org for a year or two so she can make a graceful exit?

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/20/22 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

yes. but sometimes it is best to take your losses and move on - for both sides. maybe they had long talks with her and it didn't appear that she would be able to come back and contribute this year either. We don't know where her head is at. We don't know what happened behind the scenes. I never saw a lot of her in college, but what I did see didn't scream high level W player to me.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/22 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lindsay Allen signed a one year deal.
https://fever.wnba.com/news/fever-re-sign-lindsay-allen/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 02/04/22 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch NY just dumped Jaz Jones

PostPosted: 02/08/22 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/IndianaFever/status/1490800456507002883

Alaina Coates to a training camp contract.

https://twitter.com/IndianaFever/status/1490758553640050688

Vivians also resigned.

PostPosted: 02/09/22 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana Fever: Jazmine Jones โ€“ Awarded on Waivers

PostPosted: 02/09/22 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Going to a team whose one star player is a pure off-guard doesn't seem like a great fit for Jones...

PostPosted: 02/09/22 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they think Jones can run point. Or play three. Or they thought they were getting Jonquel Jones, idk.

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/10/22 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

or maybe they crave more chaos.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/10/22 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Maybe they think Jones can run point. Or play three. Or they thought they were getting Jonquel Jones, idk.

Probably the latter. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: