RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#7 Arizona @ Oregon - 1/15/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 01/16/22 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
It seems to be a habit. She got a lot of heat for doing that at the FF.

What am I missing? My recollection of the FF thing was her leading the team huddle in saying, figuratively, "F_ _ _ O_ _ !" to the naysayers and doubters who didn't think they could beat UConn. Not the most tasteful way to lead your young 'uns but....

If she's flipping other coaches off, THAT'S classless.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
It seems to be a habit. She got a lot of heat for doing that at the FF.

What am I missing? My recollection of the FF thing was her leading the team huddle in saying, figuratively, "F_ _ _ O_ _ !" to the naysayers and doubters who didn't think they could beat UConn. Not the most tasteful way to lead your young 'uns but....

If she's flipping other coaches off, THAT'S classless.

Figuratively, like the people that she was referring to when she was flipping them off were not actually in the huddle?...

This time, she actually apologized for "being out of character" (LOL) so maybe she literally flipped Graves off to his face.

https://twitter.com/AdiaBarnes/status/1482555781971005442?s=20

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/16/22 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A dive into the quote tweets came up with this from Shaina Pellington:

Quote:
My coach had EVERY reason to defend herself last night. She was cussed at, and called out of her name in the most VULGAR ways the ENTIRE game by Kelly. We could hear it from the floor while PLAYING, in the most HOSTILE environment. He needs to be held accountable. Simple.

If that was what was happening, I can understand her losing her temper.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Quote:
My coach had EVERY reason to defend herself last night. She was cussed at, and called out of her name in the most VULGAR ways the ENTIRE game by Kelly. We could hear it from the floor while PLAYING, in the most HOSTILE environment. He needs to be held accountable. Simple.

Pretty certain that is NOT an objective account of what happened; Adia was fined for her behavior, Kelly was not.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Words is one thing I take it both coaches were talking but I think middle finger is another line of disrespect and you don't expect that from a head coach of prominent university. Stop defending immature behavior from adults

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/16/22 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Quote:

my guess is there was an obnoxious fan shouting out shit. Graves is simply not the type to do that. And really, why would he while the game was being played? Doesn't make sense. The crowd noise was enough that it also makes it highly unlikely for a player to hear it from the opposing coach while they're playing. It may be that something came from the direction of the Oregon bench, in which case the Oregon personnel should have removed said person whoever he was. Altogether sad that it could have happened...and if one of the coaches used the finger toward the other, that is inexcusable. Sorry folks, adults are expected to act like adults regardless of the circumstances.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/16/22 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The rematch in Tuscon on Feb. 4 should be rockin' Cool

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/16/22 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
The rematch in Tuscon on Feb. 4 should be rockin' Cool

yeah, I immediately thought to go check that out. Eeehaw!

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 01/17/22 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Quote:

Pretty certain that is NOT an objective account of what happened; Adia was fined for her behavior, Kelly was not.

Was she fined for the finger, or for the diatribe against the officials?

Sinking to the level of a foul-mouthed opponent, whether it be coach or fan, is not appropriate and not a good look for someone who should be a role model for young women.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 01/17/22 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Quote:

I have difficulty believing this account. I have never heard of a coach calling vulgar names to the opposing coach for the "ENTIRE" game, or even at all. What would be the point of that?

I have heard fans shouting vulgarities all the time, and have even heard players do it. I have also heard coaches cursing in frustration at game situations and at refs, but never at opposing coaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: