RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA 2021-2022 Fantasy League Draft Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/11/22 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Those were the days when it took 5 minutes to put in a lineup [sigh]

Appreciating UCBart making the effort when obviously much more important stuff he has to take care of.

Right? It's definitely more time consuming than usual -- and I personally extremely appreciate the added alternates that people have. I still have nightmares about the weeks that I've had to wade through teams looking for games that I could use in order to make a complete roster happen. I also would echo your sentiment that the people in this league have lives going on that have been insane over the past few years, and it has been a privilege to have a league going on this year. I've been enjoying my games against people (and yes, I was screaming at Adam's last player last night to NOT get the three blocks she needed to beat me. Thank goodness that didn't happen). I was also watching Lorelaj Cubaj as she was OK State's last hope against you -- and she came close to helping cause the upset but alas. It has been fun to see people squabble over McKenna Warnock and try to figure out who they can add to their teams or to be caught by blindside as someone picks up a player I haven't considered.

As always, I recognize that there's a difference from what we used to do in the past; however, given the state of the world this year, I think this format makes the most sense. I'm open to suggestions and revisiting ideas down the road for future improvements -- but I hope each and everyone of you are enjoying this season as much as I am (especially the fact that 2 of Undersized's 3 losses have been to UC Bart Twisted Evil).

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/11/22 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Um... a few things, Mr. Coyote:

Coyotes wrote:
The top four teams in the league all have three losses -- and are only separated by the number of ties each team has.

I believe you might benefit by also sneaking a peek at the win column. Wink

Coyotes wrote:
Coyotes set a new record for points, only to be quickly eclipsed by Undersized Post somehow getting 10 more points in the bucket.

It's cute how you ever thought you'd steal that record from me. Also, shout out to Dyaisha Fair -- Queen of the MAC -- for her career high 40 point game at Bowling Green this past week. Cool

Coyotes wrote:
...the individual who received the highest salary increase in the known history of the league, percentage wise.

uhh let's talk gross dollar amount because last I checked, 1000% of $0 is, well... Evil or Very Mad

--

On another note -- I'm not happy to be playing tbinta this week, whose roster is headlined by Caitlin Clark. I just want to get it on the record that I'm happy to take the fantasy L if it means Clark has another great game vs. Nebraska. Smile

About my matchup against Coyotes... yeah, I'm not worried about that one. Razz

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/11/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="undersized_post"]Um... a few things, Mr. Coyote:

Coyotes wrote:
The top four teams in the league all have three losses -- and are only separated by the number of ties each team has.

undersized_post wrote:
I believe you might benefit by also sneaking a peek at the win column. Wink

Ah, but my statement is factually correct. Each team is separated by who's somehow managed a win instead of a draw. I really don't see the inaccuracy that you are exhibiting an umbrage about.

undersized_post wrote:

It's cute how you ever thought you'd steal that record from me. Also, shout out to Dyaisha Fair -- Queen of the MAC -- for her career high 40 point game at Bowling Green this past week. Cool

Perfect! I'm happy that Fair has gotten her points out of the way last week. Hopefully, Lauren Ross catches whatever scoring bug she has as she lines up against Buffalo.

Coyotes wrote:
...the individual who received the highest salary increase in the known history of the league, percentage wise.

undersized_post wrote:

uhh let's talk gross dollar amount because last I checked, 1000% of $0 is, well... Evil or Very Mad

Are you complaining? Hmm, I mean, I suppose you'll have to take this up with Myrtle. Myrtle is the one proposing that you get a raise. I can't be providing raises willy nilly -- the league's coffers are looking grim.

undersized_post wrote:

About my matchup against Coyotes... yeah, I'm not worried about that one. Razz

I'm not worried about the L you'll be enjoying either. Someone has to protect Adam at the top of the leaderboard.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/11/22 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

smack, smack, woo woo let's talk smack!

Of course tbinta and I are more civilized in our rivalry...as women usually are!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/11/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Of course tbinta and I are more civilized in our rivalry...as women usually are!

Civilized? You? I've known you to dish the smack among the best of them over the years. Don't go and pretend that you're a prude now!

Tbinta, I'm rooting for a great game for you from Jones, Clark, and everyone else on your roster!

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/11/22 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ouch.

and with that in mind, we will waive Arynn Eady, CofC who was absolutely horrific in her audition for the Miracles and instead we will sign Faith Price, g, Campbell. You can remove Eady as our 400th alternate for the week and she'll probably have a double double then...just in case U_P is still interested. Cool

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/11/22 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adam getting another monster game from Ayoka Lee.
and Ashley Joens not too bad for a game they're getting beat up in.

tbinta

PostPosted: 01/11/22 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Civilized? You? I've known you to dish the smack among the best of them over the years. Don't go and pretend that you're a prude now!

Tbinta, I'm rooting for a great game for you from Jones, Clark, and everyone else on your roster!

Luv all around 😎

PostPosted: 01/12/22 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myrtle, I’m sorry if my snark came off too strong. I know that sometimes I overstep or go off the deep end—so feel free to smack me down and let me know that I’m going too far.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 01/12/22 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I for one totally enjoy the back-and-forth Snark, done in the spirit of competition and fun, and all of the time and effort that has been put in by the organizers. As well as the team owners / managers, because you’re right, it does take a lot of time to do this. But I am having a lot of fun, even when my team is only performing so-so.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/22 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Myrtle, I’m sorry if my snark came off too strong. I know that sometimes I overstep or go off the deep end—so feel free to smack me down and let me know that I’m going too far.

It's all in good fun...at least that's how I take it...and yes, give some too.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/12/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HoopSMom, why you gotta do me like that with your lineup this week? Force me to watch Sjerven give you ALL the points this week against my hometown team?

I really, really, want to like DU as a local team, but it wasn't the best atmosphere for a game in my first game on Monday. Hopefully, this week is better.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/22 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW: My team is just getting warmed up for next week's battle.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/12/22 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
HoopSMom, why you gotta do me like that with your lineup this week? Force me to watch Sjerven give you ALL the points this week against my hometown team?

I really, really, want to like DU as a local team, but it wasn't the best atmosphere for a game in my first game on Monday. Hopefully, this week is better.

You could take the quick jaunt up the freeway to Boulder and watch the [so far] unbeaten team instead.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/12/22 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

You could take the quick jaunt up the freeway to Boulder and watch the [so far] unbeaten team instead.

Oh, I'll be there on Friday night to watch the Buffaloes attempt a stampede against Stanford. It should be a great game.

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 01/12/22 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:

I really wish I could be at that game tomorrow! Will be watching from our living room, we just hate that Denver forces us to pay to watch what every other team in the conference streams for free. We will be in Omaha on Saturday though. And, by the way, what the hell happened to Denver? They are bringing our conference down!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/13/22 9:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

I really wish I could be at that game tomorrow! Will be watching from our living room, we just hate that Denver forces us to pay to watch what every other team in the conference streams for free. We will be in Omaha on Saturday though. And, by the way, what the hell happened to Denver? They are bringing our conference down!

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on with Denver. I know that they were missing Jackson at some point. The real problem I think is that at the beginning of the year they had a lot of emphasis on sinking the three, and they've discovered that they don't actually shoot the three well. Boyd was a go to scorer last year, but other teams seem to have figured out that it takes her a second to shoot and adjusted accordingly to shut her down. Denver really just needs to figure out another reliable option for scoring to go alongside Ezeudu, and there's just not really a lot of options.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/13/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ouch no Holmes for my team. She has been the rock for me. With both her and Bond out, yikes.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 01/14/22 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm already down three starters against the mighty Undersized Post. At least their victory this week comes with a BIG asterisk.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/14/22 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
If we are going with the three game rule, I will make a decision about what to do with PaoPao after the OU/ASU game on 1/13.

Seeing as this game was postponed, I'm delaying this decision until after OU's next game.

Coyotes wrote:
Yeah, I'm already down three starters against the mighty Undersized Post. At least their victory this week comes with a BIG asterisk.

I think your starters are scared of me. Twisted Evil

hoopmom

PostPosted: 01/14/22 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
quick question for you hoopmom-- if one of your starters has a game cancelled but does play a second game this week, would you like to take the second game where possible? or just go directly to your listed alternates?

go on to the alternatives. thanks for asking, I will plan on including that next submission

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 01/14/22 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
Coyotes wrote:

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on with Denver. I know that they were missing Jackson at some point. The real problem I think is that at the beginning of the year they had a lot of emphasis on sinking the three, and they've discovered that they don't actually shoot the three well. Boyd was a go to scorer last year, but other teams seem to have figured out that it takes her a second to shoot and adjusted accordingly to shut her down. Denver really just needs to figure out another reliable option for scoring to go alongside Ezeudu, and there's just not really a lot of options.

I guess it’s a good thing for my opponents that I did play Hannah in that game, rather than tomorrow at Omaha. But who would’ve predicted that we’d be up 56 to 12 or whatever it was at the half?? Kind of a raw deal for our starters, but as you could tell, our bench really needs to get better… Although they were playing against Denver’s starters that whole fourth quarter

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/15/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
If we are going with the three game rule, I will make a decision about what to do with PaoPao after the OU/ASU game on 1/13.

Seeing as this game was postponed, I'm delaying this decision until after OU's next game.

Move Paopao off of IR, drop Lexi Held to make room.

Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 01/17/22 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1/18-1/24
G: Moon Ursin, Tulane vs. Univ. of Memphis, 1/19 (or 1/22 vs. Wichita St.)
G: G: Anastasia Hayes, Mississippi State vs. Arkansas, 1/23 (or 01/20 vs. Georgia)
F: Dariauna Lewis, Alabama A&M vs. Texas Southern., 1/22 (or 1/24 Prairie View)
F: Bethy Mununga, USF vs.Temple, 1/22 [or 1/19 vs. Tulsa]
C: Elizabeth Kitley, Virginia Tech vs. Pitt 1/20 (or 1/23 vs. NC State)
U: F Bigue Sarr New Mexico St, vs. Stephen F Austin 01/22 (or 1/20 vs. Sam Houston St)
U: G Kendall Spray, FGCU vs. Jacksonville St. 01/22 (or 01/19 vs. Stetson)
U: F: Kseniya Malashka, vs. Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss 01/22
Alt
F: Courtney Whitson, Middle Tennessee vs. Southern Miss, 1/22
F: Mackenzie Coleman TTU vs. SIUE, 01/20 (or 01/22 vs. Belmont)
G: Jalyn Gregory, Middle Tennessee Vs. Southern Miss. 01/22
G: Zaay Green, UAPB vs Southern, 01/22 (or 1/24 vs Grambling)
F: Illmar'I Thomas, UCLA vs. USC 1/22

Hoopsmom

PostPosted: 01/17/22 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Week 10:
G Jen Coleman Navy 1/22 vs Army (1/19)
G Nia Clouden Mich St 1/23 vs MN (1/19)
F Rae Burrell Tenn 1/23 vs GA
F Ty Battle Delaware 1/23 vs Drexel
C Zakyia Weathersby UAB 1/22 vs LA Tech
U Anna Larr Roberson LA Tech 1/22 vs UAB
U Katelyn Young Murray State 1/20 vs E Illinois (1/22)
U Hannah Sjerven USD 1/20 vs W Illinois (1/22)

A Mia Davis Temple 1/19 vs ECU (1/22)
A Haley Cavinder Fresno State 1/19 vs Air Force (1/22)
A Mckenna Warnock Iowa 1/30 vs MN (1/23)
A Ashley Owusu MD 1/23 vs Northwestern (1/20)
A Steph Visscher SFA 1/20 vs Grand Canyon (1/22)
A Osh Brown Rutgers 1/20 vs Nebraska (1/23)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 35 of 43

Jump to: